Author Topic: Spore Tips and Tricks  (Read 100607 times)

Offline Loerelau

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Tips and Tricks
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2008, 06:35:40 am »
It's also smart to put your colonies so close to each other as possible. Enemy ships have to attack on 1 place and although the turrets don't overlap each other with their range of fire, they fire more concentrated. 

Offline MindMuncher

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2008, 11:02:19 am »
oh I have one. Some people may have noticed it or thought they noticed it, but I'm fairly sure this is right.

In creature phase the parts you currently have on your creature effect the next parts your going to get. You randomly get parts but your more likely to find parts that are in the same row(in the creature creator parts panels).

In this way your more likely to get an advanced form of the horns you have than a jellybutton(unless you have a nurple or heycorn on your creature because thier all in the same row).

In other words- If you want a certain type of eye, try putting an eye in the same row of the eye you want onto your creature. granted you have to know the creature creator pretty well and have most memorized.... buuuuut.....
The mind is a terrible thing to waste...
You gonna eat that part?
                                  ~MindMucher

Offline Koronii

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2008, 07:35:50 pm »
Not sure if this counts, but I've been getting a glitch were occasionally when I'm placing planetary improvements on the ground it will just fire them off into space, thus making it so you can't leave without the Shaman's return ticket, anyway, when you do this with a monolith it will hit the edge of the atmosphere, then it will form like normal, save that is floating in thin air.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2008, 08:11:51 pm »
That's a bug, not a tip.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2008, 08:54:04 pm »
Discovery Channel documentaries on prehistoric animals are great sources of inspiration for believable creatures.

"Before the Dinosaurs" is a good one in particular (and reminds me of spore a bit, to; what with its evolution jumping chapter transitions).
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:25 am »
I updated it today.  Anyone have more Tribal phase tricks?

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2008, 08:38:36 am »
Tribal phase was a bit easy/short for me to pick up much in the way of tricks.

I guess the fact that you can fish might need underlying, because it is a touch difficult to notice.
You can "use" the campfire to dance around it.
Masks actually make very nice chest armour in the tribal clothing editor.
When entertaining a tribe, try to find one or two members off on their own, it makes it much easier. This is because you get full "entertainment" points if you player the same or more instruments that are requested at each point, and one member can only request one.
When winning through aggressive means, best time to attack is generally immediately after they've attacked you and you've slaughtered their force.
When the strong (last) village spawns, it can be useful to bribe the other, weaker, remaining village and save them for last, thus avoiding the stronger village attacking while you're dealing with them.

Offline Jomander

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2008, 09:03:20 am »
Space phase:

If you take an artifact from a planet belonging to another species, you get negative relationship points. However, you can pick up terraforming tools and they will not mind.

Offline FR27

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Ooo...shiny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2008, 12:41:48 pm »
When collecting spice from one of your worlds that is connected to a trade route you will get a small bit of bonus spice according to whatever is located on the partners world.

ie. Partners world has green spice and your world has red, you will end up collecting your red spice and perhaps about 5 units of green (haven't noticed picking up any more or any less than that). :)

Also, pirates seem to have a taste for the rare spices (pink and purple) and with a couple of these planets in your empire they're pretty much guaranteed to be the target, though purple the most. This is helpful when trying to budget your Sporebucks as you can pop an Uber Turret on them and not have to worry about chasing down one of their ships as it speeds off. Although your home system (not just your homeworld) is an exception to this.

And finally I have found (at least in my game) that the Grox, if they are at war with you, will attack your colonies that are closest to the core. That is not to say your territory needs to be anywhere near the galactic center, just in that general direction. But again your home system seems to be the exception to this and may be attacked or raided no matter what.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:04:49 pm by FR27 »
Long time lurker.
My Spore Page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Acalanai

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2008, 12:50:39 pm »
Most people have probably figured this out already, but in civ phase, spam out aircraft and send them en masse onto a city. In this game, Air Superiority is so uber that its possibly overpowered. I've only done it on easy and haven't done a military type in civ, so I don't know how viable that is when applied to other situations.

Also, if there are alot of seaport cities on your homeworld, using ships works as well as aircraft.

Offline mappam

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2008, 05:25:00 am »
Creature Stage -

You can swim. Instead of running around the water to get to the other side - click ON the water and your creature will swim to the 'click' point. If you click on the other side your creature will walk all the way around.

If you are having a problem getting all of a tribe to be friends or dead  ;) if you get ONE creature alone it is easier to make them happy or kill them. It is easier to make ONE happy than a group.
I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2008, 06:18:42 am »
The cloaking device is nearly useless, because any action besides movement will cancel it.

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2008, 06:29:44 am »
In the Civ stage, no other civs will appear until you capture your first spice point. So you can spend however long you want collecting tribes, building up your city and producing vehicles.

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2008, 06:57:15 am »
I'm probably missing something simple here, but how do you build up your city and produce vehicles without an income?

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2008, 07:04:45 am »
I'm probably missing something simple here, but how do you build up your city and produce vehicles without an income?

Possibly because tribes usually give you some spore bucks when you hit their village. I wish I would have known this, I could take over all the tribes on my continent then have all my vehicles parked right at the spice and hit them all in one go.