Author Topic: Collective Patch Issues  (Read 22632 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Collective Patch Issues
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2008, 04:09:52 pm »
I have been gone for three days and they still haven't fixed this?. Has anybody heard from them.

Are they actually going to even fix it period?.

I'm getting pretty worried.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2008, 05:12:16 pm »
 Of course they will try. Given that they have to change the engine pretty much from square one each patch Im not surprised how difficult it is. Until they get some experience and procedures under there belt. Id give them a solid 2 more weeks to a month.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2008, 07:55:21 pm »
Uh...not to sound like an ass but you can't release a patch that completely breaks a game people already bought and take a month to fix it. My game is 100% unplayable due to invisible creatures. Animation lack and sound lag all that happened with the patch.

I should not have to wait a month to play my 80$ dollar game that i already bought. My only option is to uninstall it and use one of my installs to reinstall it so it does not have the patch and i can actually play it until they get it fixed and i certantly do not want to do that.

Offline DylanTK

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2008, 09:48:00 pm »
Uh...not to sound like an ass but you can't release a patch that completely breaks a game people already bought and take a month to fix it. My game is 100% unplayable due to invisible creatures. Animation lack and sound lag all that happened with the patch.

I should not have to wait a month to play my 80$ dollar game that i already bought. My only option is to uninstall it and use one of my installs to reinstall it so it does not have the patch and i can actually play it until they get it fixed and i certantly do not want to do that.

I should have known better than to download it myself, but I was swayed by better colony AI and the evo advantage cheat. Stay strong, my friend... Resist the urge.

I'm still trying to figure out if I want to reinstall or wait for patch number 2.

Offline LXIndustries

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2008, 02:31:35 am »
Not 10 minutes ago I found a random issue where the icon and card for any new houses I create come up blank.
The picture in the sporepedia is blank, and the icon to place a building in one of your cities is blank.

Yet when i click and drag the blank icon, my house appears and i can place it, the icon goes blank again, and the house stays in the city.

I made multiple houses to test it, but all the same result.
Help?

Offline SL

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2008, 09:56:17 am »
SpeedFan can also show the temperatures (very easily), and is (at least in my experience) much more likely to work than Motherboard Monitor. Also, RivaTuner is even able to show temperatures in-game when Spore's running fullscreen, but you have to go through some semi-complicated steps to make it do that. Here's one thread about it: http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/194389-how-use-rivatuner-screen-display.html

There's more about it on the second page, including how to have it work without having to have RivaTuner running while you're playing Spore (you have to change some options for the RivaTuner server program so that takes care of it itself).