Author Topic: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES  (Read 22837 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES BIG CAPITALIZED TEXT BLARGH
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2011, 07:36:06 pm »
Yeah, thank Yuu for that!

I could be an AA. And release that mass of accumulated galactic data and guidelines I'm working on...eventually. Once I'm finished with this particular stage of the Perrachi and all.

So what bearing will the name Kosmosis have on The Galaxy? Will it be known as the Kosmosis Galaxy or just be a decorative title? I prefer the latter, really.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2011, 09:00:01 pm »
As far as a wiki goes, I've got one started and it has a few articles done on it. It's not much, but it could be a start.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2011, 11:06:12 pm »
So if we're going to do this for real this time, let's come up with an actual forum setup. Unlike how this forum is set up, I think that there should be a front page featuring how to join, how to start out, RPing formats, non-broken resources, etc. Rather than how it is right now where the stuff like that is sort of ambiguous and lodged up in the top of the page where no one actually looks. It could also have featured articles and whatnot (from the wiki?) To keep history from being forgotten.

How 'bout this?

Seems like a good enough format.

And a Regularly updated Associated Artists thread so that un-artistically inclined people can get illustrations for their civilization.

I think a better format would be to have an entire Associated Artists Forum, to avoid cluttering a single page, which tended to happen back then.

We'll just pin a List of Artists Thread, to keep track of things and show each artist's specialties and average production time, and a Lobby Thread, for those who want to submit requests with no particular artist in mind.

The rest will be personal commission threads for each artist, and the occasional contest or two.

Perhaps we could start up a new wiki and regularly update it to keep it recent And feature it prominently on the site.

Grox has one, maybe we could spruce that one up?

Also thank you for preventing plot derailment Yuu.

Sure thing.

I could be an AA. And release that mass of accumulated galactic data and guidelines I'm working on...eventually. Once I'm finished with this particular stage of the Perrachi and all.

That reminds me...

About those guidelines, just be sure to choose the right level in the Mohs Scale of Sci-Fi Hardness, ie. pinning it at 5.5 will result in collapse of interstellar civilization. Friendly reminder.

... anyways, I think it's about time we set up a Technical Discussions Forum, where ALL technical debates and inquiries will be done. This is to avoid flamewars and penis jokes from sprouting left and right because of petty stuff like this.

So what bearing will the name Kosmosis have on The Galaxy? Will it be known as the Kosmosis Galaxy or just be a decorative title? I prefer the latter, really.

Having just one name for the galaxy just sounds too tacky, yes.

Even countries that share the same atmosphere have different names for their planet, so I really don't see it being any different here unless most of the current races descended from a single unified civilization, but even then that depends on how recent the schism was.

In short: I'm with you. Having a single name is waaaaay too cliche even for some of us.

As far as a wiki goes, I've got one started and it has a few articles done on it. It's not much, but it could be a start.

Say, what was the max capacity of that again?

We have a lot of images to dump, so I'm not sure if it can take it.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 02, 2011, 03:17:19 am »
5.5 on the scale? You stereotype me! I'm aiming for a solid 4.2.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2011, 06:59:48 am »
5.5 on the scale? You stereotype me!

It was just an example, hence "ie.". Think of it as an extreme, not the median.

Sorry if you mistook it for a stereotype   :).

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:04 am »
I don't actually have access to the wiki's capacity, but if I remember correctly it was like 8 gigabytes or so.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:17 am »
If we do move to another site, can I move Auralon there too?
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2011, 03:44:51 pm »
No previous relations or anything like that. You can remake them, but don't just copy over. I'm going to give a complete makeover to my civilizations if this idea goes through.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2011, 03:53:50 pm »
You're kidding! By moving the entire Spore section I assumed we would import history as well! What use are my long hours of effort on a unified timeline of everyone if you just throw it all out the window?!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2011, 04:55:46 pm »
You're kidding! By moving the entire Spore section I assumed we would import history as well! What use are my long hours of effort on a unified timeline of everyone if you just throw it all out the window?!

Same thoughts here.

I mean, sure we can try and refine some of the stuff that needs some sprucing up, but removing history completely? That's just too much of a deterrent, I'm afraid. Some civs wouldn't even develop the same way if historical relations weren't the same as here. The tech-sharing that the USSS members did made a large impact on some of its members, for one.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:26 pm »
how about instead of making a hard line regarding history (either reseting or keeping all of it), we do whatever is the most fun?
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 02, 2011, 05:45:49 pm »
Keeping a refined and clear record of history will make it more fun! Trust me! Besides, it's not like we'll keep absolutely everything. You imply making up stuff as we go along, which will lead to no good. I see a quick collapse down that path.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 02, 2011, 06:58:56 pm »
yea, thats the outlook I was hoping for. we keep the good stuff that works, but can edit and rework it a bit as we see. (for example, i'm sponging out all references to a graid sentralized government, which hasn't existed for about an epoch now)

If we do move to another site, can I move Auralon there too?

its not like their gonna deny us, we who have been compatriots in this atrophied corner of the web for so long.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2011, 07:05:57 pm »
Honestly its a wonder the Spore Section has survived to now.

So, does anyone know a free hosting site that I could maybe use?
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2011, 09:22:12 pm »