Author Topic: Netrunner: Sign up for friendly tournament (or not, whatever)  (Read 5981 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Netrunner General
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2016, 10:34:17 am »

Hey any of you guys have deckbuilding advice? Anything you've noticed?

I am really enjoying this game a lot. Pretty much shelved Force of Will in favor of Netrunner. So let's talk Netrunner!

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Netrunner: Sign up for friendly tournament (or not, whatever)
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2016, 07:06:05 pm »
You still need to do your match against wizard so we can get on with the tournament thing.

Also, I'd like to gradually get into all the expansions without getting knocked over the head with a billion different meta's.
Not sure what the best way to do that is but Sam might have the right idea by just coordinating what card packs to add among our group of losers, so we can all learn together gradually.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2016, 02:42:53 am »
Well they were released in "cycles" right, so we can just add the expansion content one cycle at a time in the order they were released. That's still way quicker than people have to deal with in real life where the cycles are split into a bunch of smaller releases.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2016, 06:39:06 am »
You still need to do your match against wizard so we can get on with the tournament thing.

No, he still has to do his match with me. :)

Also what is a meta? It's all just the game, right? I don't really have a history with these kinds of games so people say "meta" and I just smile and nod and ignore them.

Anyway I played a great game last night, it was fun! Very first turn the Runner used an account siphon on me after I had used the mining card. And then right after that I drained their account since they had taken two tags. It was a training game so at that point I could have scorched earth him and won the round, so I explained that to him and we kept playing and messing around.

Fun!

With the releases from what I have been told is that you should get two core sets if possible so you have a base of neutral cards. And from there you can either pick and choose the data packs or go for the four other deluxe boxes; however, if you get the deluxe boxes you will still need to get data packs to fill in some gaps and because apparently the only way to get the strongest cards is to get the data packs. The deluxe boxes have cards that top out at a lower tier than the data packs. According to /tg/ and reddit.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2016, 08:23:45 am »
Meta usually pertains to the dominant strategies and their counters as being the current 'viable/best' way to play.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2016, 08:40:15 am »
Yeah, and my point about incorporating the expansions a bit at a time was more to avoid an overload of new info when we try and make decent decks. It's just not fun to spend hours trawling through new cards and building a deck that looks good only to play against someone and get the floor wiped with you because they have some cards in their deck you've never seen before that have some weird-ass new rules.

Obviously you're gonna make crappy decks and lose and that's part of the fun but if you both have hundreds and hundreds of cards to choose from which you're barely familiar with then you're just reducing it to a game of pure chance.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2016, 05:09:58 pm »
It's just not fun to spend hours trawling through new cards and building a deck that looks good only to play against someone and get the floor wiped with you because they have some cards in their deck you've never seen before that have some weird-ass new rules.

This was actually why I wanted to get the sets. >_>

We have different tastes, Sam. Help me be cooler.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2016, 06:57:42 pm »
There's over 500 different expansion cards man, its a bit too much.
Me and wizard started making genesis cycle decks, so if you want you can join in and make one too.

Slight problem though, after every 'cycle' they release a "deluxe expansion".
And those focus on 1 runner and 1 corp each.
So when the first one came out, it focused on Haas-Bioroid and Shaper, who then became really OP for the longest time.
So we could skip the deluxe expansions until we gradualy learn each cycle, and then add all deluxe ones at once.
But its not that simple, because they probably make a few cycles in response to deluxe expansions that were already out, so if we add stuff unchronologically then stuff gets weird meta wise.
Maybe I'm overcomplicating things, but lets just focus on the genesis cycle for now.

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2016, 07:03:40 pm »
There's over 500 different expansion cards man, its a bit too much.

Well I mean, I didn't say it to Sam because I figured it would come off as rude but now I'll just say it: speak for yourself.

That sounds like good fun. I enjoy that kind of activity and the endless bug fixing and checking really appeals to me. That is the game to me. It's why I dislike competitive play in a lot of situations because people seem to fall into using the same decks or the same strategies and many games just end up going to same way. I just want to play around and try new things for fun, even if they fail. I'm not saying you guys have to do it. It's just for me. Plus I want the cards! :D

And besides I am talking about building decks IN REAL LIFE for the games me and my friends play. The games I play with you guys can abide by your rules, I have no problem with that.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2016, 10:23:52 pm »
Alrighty, Wizard and I just finished our game!

It was excellent and very very fun! Wizard was the victor in the end. Just like when I play Force of Will, I stepped on too many mass produced giant landmines and killed myself.

I think that means I am eliminated. :x

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »
Hello Ladiues and Gentlemen. Pat and I have Played our first round. I was Corporation "Freudian Slippery Slope" deck and he had his "NegaTrump" deck. I have won with a junebug trap for my first point. We will run our next match sometime tomorrow maybe.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2016, 04:13:56 am »
Pat like Wizard said you have to play your second match with him. Even if you lose you're not eliminated because of the second round of matchups where you have your second match against me still to go.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2016, 05:41:43 am »
Oh cool, okay!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2016, 11:55:26 am »
Okay! Sam and I just played our second game.

Sam sweeps the series with two wins. I take two losses.

In my other series with Wizard there is one game left to play, Wizard is up with one win.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2016, 06:37:48 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYxsF9eyPmc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYxsF9eyPmc</a>