Author Topic: PS3 Interface  (Read 11151 times)

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Interface
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 08:19:19 am »
I am in the minoity here it seems.  I never liked the PSP interface much,  UI prefer the Xbox 360 one much better but I can see why they would go with this interface for the PS3.  It makes their products more streamlined and familiar to users of the PSP.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 01:00:24 am »
The PSP interface, to the extint that I have played with on my friend's PSP, was great.  Smooth and all out badass.  I would take the PSP's format over the 360's personally, and the PS3's format has some new abilities.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Stamp

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 08:47:43 pm »
One thing that i feel is a MAJOR feature the xbox 360 has is the ability to have music in the background, while browsing other pages and playing games.  the PR guy at MS showed it off at the inital breifing of their interface, and lookie.. no such functionality on the PS3!

oh, btw, i bought th 360 on day one. Kicks ass.

Offline Sawmill

• Mystery House Madman
  • WoW
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 09:24:08 am »
i cant wait. simply impersive
Hey i play Wow and i have many Char. on server name Norgannon alliance. ( US ), if you play on this server horde or alliance email me at gregroberts7@yahoo.com . see yea ingame!
Current level- 60 ( almost 61 )

Offline PhantomVI

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 04:18:31 pm »
Strange. Looks like they threw in a few OSX features into the PSP UI.
A spunky load of noodles.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 05:45:53 pm »

STOP BUMPING OLD THREADS!

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 06:05:58 pm »

What? This isn't an old thread. It's not even a month old.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 09:45:49 pm »

What? This isn't an old thread. It's not even a month old.

I think its more of his pointless posts than the thread being old.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 12:21:36 am »

Just so the Sony fans actually know what it looks like.   ;)
Very clean, seperated into different tabs, all the options you need are right there and are easy to find, plus you can download new themes for it, or even just use your own pictures/photo's from a storage device to use as backgrounds.  It's probably the best interface I've ever seen on a console, and a massive upgrade from the original Xbox.

When are Sony revealing their gamercard/achievment system?

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 10:33:55 am »
The 360 interface is perfect, in my opinion. And not to mention Microsoft will be doing major updates of it twice a year, so it will always be getting new updates and features.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 10:45:25 am »
The 360 interface is perfect, in my opinion. And not to mention Microsoft will be doing major updates of it twice a year, so it will always be getting new updates and features.

That's the thing: They've really improved it over time. I was by no means sold on the idea with the X-Box. It was all right but nothing close to what it is now. And coming into the 360 era, I wasn't remotely interested in their system or Live. After playing my friend's though, I'm pretty much sold on the whole thing -- so Sony's announcement of their pricing just made the decision to break from our original agreement all the easier.

[For those that don't know, the agreement my best friend and I had was this: We would both own a Wii, he would buy the 360, and I would get the PS3. Needless to say, that's been ammended slightly. Thanks, Phil and Boys!]

Offline Faxanadu ELC

• Fire Truck Driver
  • That rug really tied the room together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2006, 10:09:46 am »
I don't know what some of you are talking about, but this is amazing looking.  Keep in mind they will have custom interfaces.  Personally I would have something professional looking rather than something that is colorful and shinying.  They did a great job with the 360 interface, but a web browser allowing multiple pages to be up at once with the capability of using a keyboard and mouse with it.  Pretty soon I won't need a computer thanks to Sony.  Just need to be able to play computer games on it, and thats that. 

Phil Harrison agrees with you about PCs.

When it comes to web browsing I doubt it can compare to a PC running Firefox, but I guess they could always make a modified Linux version for the PS3. I just wonder how long it will be until we see viruses designed to attack the PS3 - does anyone really want to run Norton on their game console?

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 11:50:34 am »
I don't know what some of you are talking about, but this is amazing looking.  Keep in mind they will have custom interfaces.  Personally I would have something professional looking rather than something that is colorful and shinying.  They did a great job with the 360 interface, but a web browser allowing multiple pages to be up at once with the capability of using a keyboard and mouse with it.  Pretty soon I won't need a computer thanks to Sony.  Just need to be able to play computer games on it, and thats that. 

Basic analogy: PS3=Lamborghini   Xbox 360=Mercedes Benz  Wii=A Pimped out Shaggin Wagon

And since when was gaming "professional"? The 360 dashboard is simple, easy to use, and everything is organized nicely for quick access. Not to mention Microsoft will be rolling out with 2 new major updates a year, so the console is constantly getting new features.

Ask yourself; are you really going to browse the internet using a PS3 when you can just use your computer? Of course you won't.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2006, 04:28:50 pm »
Wait, You can use your own picture! I got to go figure out how to do that, lol

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 11:12:20 am »
I like the 360 interface and its great and as stated by others it is really organized nice looking, you can do lots of things on it.  the ps3's interface looks very rganized, in my opinion I like the way it is organized much better than the tabs of the 360 interface.  however they havent showed all of the features of the ps3 interface yet so not sure of what all it can do, but the way they do the browser is awesome, and i love the fact you can hook up a mouse and keyboard to the ps3 to browse the internet with.  I hope they have some kind of login like the 360 has with the profiles.  the ps3's interface looks promising and can easliy be a lot better than the 360's if they add more features into.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children