Author Topic: PS3 Interface  (Read 11137 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
PS3 Interface
« on: May 15, 2006, 10:09:28 pm »
http://www.maxps3.com/2006/05/15/video-walkthrough-of-ps3-interface/

It looks like Sony is going to do at least one thing good with the PS3. Man this thing looks pretty.

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 Interface
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 10:25:13 pm »
Wow, thats cool. I always liked the way PSPs menu was set up

[Edit]

And you can use a keyboard and mouse to surf the net. Not too bad

Offline Olin

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
    • The Olin Ezra Show
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 10:27:04 pm »
Looks a lot like my PSP Fantastic! That is a terrific interface. Although, I won't be purchasing one, I just can't afford it.

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:47:31 pm »
So, which do you like more, the PS3s or 360s interface

I think I have to go with the PS3

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 11:53:26 pm »
I'm happy with the 360 interface but the ps3 is way more slick. I heard rumbles that the 360 will get an interface upgrade at the end of the month.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 12:04:04 am »
Looks pretty "cool" but it's no where near as clear as the 360's.  It's also amazing just how many featuers they copied from it..

Offline Fink

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 12:19:53 am »
Looks pretty "cool" but it's no where near as clear as the 360's.  It's also amazing just how many featuers they copied from it..

Well I mostly like the fact you can surf the net and play moives

Offline Olin

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
    • The Olin Ezra Show
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 12:22:32 am »

That is pretty cool. However, it is a carbon copy of my PSP's interface. It's a great interface, it's just nothing new.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 07:05:22 am »
Looks pretty "cool" but it's no where near as clear as the 360's. It's also amazing just how many featuers they copied from it..

That is pretty cool. However, it is a carbon copy of my PSP's interface. It's a great interface, it's just nothing new.

If it ain't broke...

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 09:07:56 am »
It was ok, but it didn't look particularly attractive

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 09:27:01 pm »
It was organized and functional, but it looks dull and boring in my opinion. I like how the 360 interface is colorful and cool, while still maintaining a good organized layout. Sony needs to work on this a bit, it doesn't really feel like a "homepage" like the 360's interface does. At least not to me.

Its still a while before release though, so in Sony's defense, this could have been used more to show off the PS3's capabilities more than its interface.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 04:12:15 am »
What makes Sony instantly cool with that video is that the song they played was by Flyleaf. That means they're cutting edge and into shiny new things. ;)

Offline zod

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • deviantART profile and gallery
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:28:30 am »
I like the PS3 interface better than the 360 one.  The 360s interface has so much potential, but it's bogged down by MS's typical design style: bloated, glassy, and lacks proper size proportions.  The PS3 / PSP interface is so clean and beautiful and has such wonderful negative space.  However I must say that the 360 interface is one of the better designed things ever to come from MS, however it pales in comparison to the dashboard in Vista.  Looks very sharp (considering I've only seen it in a low res video).

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 12:15:17 am »
I like the PS3 interface better than the 360 one.  The 360s interface has so much potential, but it's bogged down by MS's typical design style: bloated, glassy, and lacks proper size proportions.  The PS3 / PSP interface is so clean and beautiful and has such wonderful negative space.  However I must say that the 360 interface is one of the better designed things ever to come from MS, however it pales in comparison to the dashboard in Vista.  Looks very sharp (considering I've only seen it in a low res video).

And just imagine the PS3 interface when you have hundreds of pictures or songs stored on it.   ;D
It's just like the PSP design, it may look nice, but it's not very practical when you have a lot of media stored on it.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 05:28:39 am »
I don't know what some of you are talking about, but this is amazing looking.  Keep in mind they will have custom interfaces.  Personally I would have something professional looking rather than something that is colorful and shinying.  They did a great job with the 360 interface, but a web browser allowing multiple pages to be up at once with the capability of using a keyboard and mouse with it.  Pretty soon I won't need a computer thanks to Sony.  Just need to be able to play computer games on it, and thats that. 

Basic analogy: PS3=Lamborghini   Xbox 360=Mercedes Benz  Wii=A Pimped out Shaggin Wagon
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children