Author Topic: New Videos at DICE 07  (Read 5260 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: New Videos at DICE 07
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 05:13:17 am »
You know, if he happened to come by here and read these comments I wager he'd be regretting he bothered recording them at all.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2007, 05:19:07 am »
the thing I take away from the DICE 07 videos is that Will's "um" "uh" speech pattern is either a symptom of contagious brilliance or the hallmark of brilliance in people that their brains run faster that their words

Maxis more um's per minute than any other game developer
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2007, 05:40:20 am »
o man some dude must have filmed the screen...i mean i was really yelling at youtube to LOOK UP FFS
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 05:57:58 am by Celdur »

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2007, 07:18:04 am »
Its not the camera mans fault. I know I am a Camera man. Its the editors fault. They are each assigned an objective, one camguy takes the wide shots, another takes the close ups, another takes the screen, and one more takes the audience. That's the way it always works, in my experience, unless they have more camera guys, if that's the case then they are allowed to get better shots of people, and not just when they are speaking, in case of unexpected events.

Offline Len84

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 07:31:20 am »
Maybe they were not allowed to film the slides/video's there.
Thats not uncommon.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 09:17:37 am »
Its not the camera mans fault. I know I am a Camera man. Its the editors fault. They are each assigned an objective, one camguy takes the wide shots, another takes the close ups, another takes the screen, and one more takes the audience. That's the way it always works, in my experience, unless they have more camera guys, if that's the case then they are allowed to get better shots of people, and not just when they are speaking, in case of unexpected events.

well i think its more a 1 guy filming because if he was with more people they should have filmed the screen to...

Maybe they were not allowed to film the slides/video's there.
Thats not uncommon.

you think that they will notice if your aiming your camera up or down? i heard some things cant be filmed at all but only filming the people and not the screen sounds a bit stupid

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 09:43:55 am »
well i think its more a 1 guy filming because if he was with more people they should have filmed the screen to...
It's clearly more than one person, since you can see the view changes from one camera to another during the video.

you think that they will notice if your aiming your camera up or down? i heard some things cant be filmed at all but only filming the people and not the screen sounds a bit stupid
I agree. If this is the case, they would have been better off simply recording the audio.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 09:47:45 am »
I agree. If this is the case, they would have been better off simply recording the audio.

yeah, i use the video as an audio recording. nothing interesting to see.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2007, 09:49:13 am »
It's clearly more than one person, since you can see the view changes from one camera to another during the video.

well then it are a bunch of dump people if they all film heads...i mean who told m to do that? sigh....

Offline helio-G

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2007, 09:05:22 pm »
The Auditorium might have had Large Projection screen on the side of the stage, 8/10 times this is the case, for the audience to get a better look at the speakers, since they are the reason people are there. The screen has its on projection in the center there for useless recording that. Also if non of them actual recorded the screen and its not the editors fault, then its the Event Producers fault, Not the camera guys.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2007, 10:32:43 pm »
Thanks for capturing and uploading those videos.
That other site was streaming like ass, and I had given up.

Not much eye candy here though...
I guess if you wanted, you could go read that article at Gamespot. It has a couple shots of the slides.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2007, 11:39:27 pm »
I wish the spore website would post those end videos or even the slide from the slide show :(

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 12:20:44 am »
Maybe someone should get a hold of EA PR.
I would, but I don't really care that much.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline nickmcdoz

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 11:43:20 am »
Good, nice to see some fresh stuff, but one of the speakers (the toy maker) had some serious stage fright/speech difficulty, which was a little annoying, but I let him slide because his social inadequecies were replaced by amazing toy making abilities.