Author Topic: Spore versus  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
Re: Spore versus
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 11:29:07 pm »
I'm all for a multiplayer galaxy take a spacewarp to a free form galaxy everyone can play in: sandbox galaxy

resources are plentiful at the center scarce at the edge
security varies from total at the center to none at the edges
valuable technology in the outer reaches
scan entire planets/ star systems into sporepedia to
make saves, apply saves

pocket universes player built areas were players build entire solar systems and globular clusters and controlled by creator/ users
possible uses: pvp, exhibition, other craziness

a creator could make the pocket universe  nonenterable/ view only/ interaction independent (like normal spore)/ pvp as an arena (for control or as a common area)/ (anyone can scan in a pocket universe and make changes on there own copy)

could use in single player mode to save favorite places or provide for multiplayer use
get into a pocket universe through a personal spacewarp, give access to friends, or public access via sandbox galaxy

to bad they don't wand space stations cause jump-gates (point to point) and jump-drives would give single/ multiplayer more use
build a stargate in orbit of your home planet and link it to your favorite place/s to instantly get there
send friends coordinates for a cool nebula to friends
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 11:46:03 pm »
Must say that being dropped on an arena planet with my creature in a battle against 63 other players with/controlling their creature could be a lot of fun.

Could make alliances, clan wars, king of the hill and the like or just all out survival of the fittest. Maybe you could define this in setting up the game.

This would still allow people to be creative with their creatures and then have some fun battles ala Robowars with them

Still I feel basic Spore is rich enough already and this would take a lot of time to do right, so I would like to see this in an X-pack of which we'll probably and hopefully quite a few.
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline Alowan

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 08:35:44 am »

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 09:30:37 am »
I still like it  :P, though it wouldn't be a big loss to me
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 10:04:32 am »
- What Will Wright Ment -

I'll translate what he ment by taking Spore apart to use for other games....
What he means is ala 'Made With The Quake 2 Engine' type deal....
Perhaps this short list will help....

Microbe Stage
=========
Tidepool wars perhaps ?

Creature Stage
==========
The Sims 3, I mean come on it's kinda obvious that EA want's the franchise to go on forever & a day

City Stage
=======
SimCity 5, seeing as SimCity fans been waiting a long time for the next one, why not ?

Civ Stage
======
Civ 5 perhaps ?

Space Stage
========
Trek Wars perhaps ?

That's just off the top of my head, as for multiplayer, if The Sims Online hadn't burned Maxis on the idea, it'd happen for Spore, unfortunatly The Sims Online did burn Maxis on the idea of doing ANY game they make online, so that as they say is that.

Unless you can go back in time and make The Sims Online a success it's just not gonna happen with Spore, now or ever.

For people keeping score....

The Sims Online = Low sales nearly put Maxis in the poor house, last time they'll try anything like that again.

Spore Online = Not in this lifetime bub, nor next lifetime, or the one after that, or the one after that, and so on.

Woulfe
~ To Summerize : Spore MMORPG, Not Gonna Happen, EVER, Nope, Sorry, Deal With It ~

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 03:51:10 pm »
.. the volcano
Hey, sorry. When I saw the Versus, I immediatly thought of Joe.
ANYWAY, I could see the benefits of an online arena galaxy, at least for the tribal stage. Basically Age of Empires with your own creature and its respective huts, competing with other players. Or maybe a civilization game, where you try to achieve planetary dominace, or escape into space, or get elected planetary leader.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 05:25:55 pm »
from the mouth of Pauline Hanson "i don't like it"
(aussies will know this one) :D
Please explain   ;) :D ;D

In the RW video (I think) WW says he didn't want it to be MMO because there is no hero in multiplayer games and he also said something like the multiplayer games have been explored.  WW is exploring a new kind of way for players to interact with each other.  Maybe this idea could be for a spore mod or expansion.
Book, book, book

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 06:42:41 pm »
You know, before Oblivion came out, I remember a sticky on some forum or another titled "THERE WILL BE NO MULTIPLAYER. NONE."

It worked.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 05:44:36 am »
You know, before Oblivion came out, I remember a sticky on some forum or another titled "THERE WILL BE NO MULTIPLAYER. NONE."

It worked.

It might have worked then but I have a hunch it won't now.  I seem to remember people making some threads like that, that just didn't work out.  Maybe there is a way to update the forum to make stickied threads more obvious.  Right now they don't look any different than any other thread making people just ignore them.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail