Author Topic: Just a thought  (Read 8668 times)

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Just a thought
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:31:03 pm »
Hey  i was just thinking, how freakin BIG is the spore galaxy goin to be. Because Will said that 95% of the galaxy will be computer created creatures and 5% of other player created cretaures and by the looks of things pleanty of people will buy the game and make several creautures, their surly will there will be hundreds of thousands of planets. Alsp thier will contionous adding of planets from new creatures. This will realy make it impossble to explore the whole galaxy. But i suppose that it isnt a bad thing it will give it massive gameplay and the always thought of wonder.

What are your thoughts, oh and please correct me if this infromation is wrong.

Now its just a waiting game until next year

werechicken

Re: Just a thought
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:33:58 pm »
Will Wright has said it would take someone 65 years to fully explore all of the stars in a single games galaxy

Offline edspore_91

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 01:37:55 pm »
Well that sounds pretty cool to me.

(Im sure some dude will spend half his life trying to conquer the whole galaxy(like me lol).
Now its just a waiting game until next year

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 02:36:13 pm »
Yes, with around 400,000 stars , each with around 5 planets, thats over 2 Million planets for you to play with.

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 02:42:06 pm »
yes it is huge, 65 years straight without sleep to see everything (probably not including the time you will spend on missions and creating your own stuff)...

O well at least we have something to leave for the next 2 generations to accomplish  :D
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Full_Metal

• Adventure Ace
    • View Profile
    • Vector Hates You All!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 04:02:09 pm »
One thing that's been bugging me about the "2 million planets" thing: to have 2 million planets, the players have to make 2 million planets in the database. It seems Maxis is being really ambitious here, assuming they're going to get 2 million sales of spore right off the bat. On the other hand, since it would take 65 years to explore them all, we'll never really know if it was 2 million planets or not.

Offline Duke Rajko

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 04:05:46 pm »
Are you going to only ever make one creature? I'm sure once you get free access to the creature editor you'll use it.

Offline liveoctopus

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 04:24:21 pm »
Remember that they intend to ship the game with a metric crapload of premade content. Even if you get Spore on opening day and become the first person in sandbox mode, you'll have something to explore. Pollinated content will fill in where it can, until eventually there's enough that it's the vast majority of things we find.

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 05:13:31 pm »
Yeah, creatures already stored on the cd, plus some that the computer could probably generate, plus player created content should be plenty to fill the galaxy (and what a galaxy it will be!)  I am hoping there will be some way to have astronauts that can walk on the planets and moons at ground level instead of having to be stuck in the UFO all the time.  I think that I will try to be as random as heck in my relationships with other aliens, so that the computer will have a really hard time figuring out what my playstyle is.
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 12:53:32 am »
This is where i wish scicne allowed for immortality. How am i ever going to explore the entire galaxy. LOL I suppose its like somone trying to view every website on the entire internet. Its impossible to do.

Offline Svanire

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 01:34:21 am »
We're just going to have to find creatures we dislike immensely and annoy them :P

Offline Joolies

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 01:42:05 am »
95 % computer created creatures? I was under the impression the majority of the creatures you'll find will be player created creatures?

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 01:55:48 am »
95 % computer created creatures? I was under the impression the majority of the creatures you'll find will be player created creatures?

All of them, in fact. As far as we know the computer can't create creatues. This might of course change but I think since the creative side is such a large part of the game I wouldn't want to see a lot of "Maxisbot" creatures is the game.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 01:57:01 am »
we have it on record that the editors are so simple even the A.I. can use them,
even if this only extends to changing length/ size sliders on premade creatures and re-skinning them imagine the millions of variations you can get.

add in a Darwin mode to find the best iteration of a certain set of creatures and you get literally billions of generated creatures
add aesthetic changes to other objects
and then add those to the millions of random planets and you get a varied universe
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Lonemessiah

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 08:07:21 am »
They don't need to sell 2 million copies to populate 2 million worlds.  Some of the worlds will be barren.  Some will not be copies of other peoples worlds, but rather a mix of downloaded content thrown together in an Eco-system balancing stylee.  Also i would expect at least some people to make more than 1 planet from start to finish (i know i will be doing this).

Finally for a game of the magnitude i would expect worldwide sales to be amoung the highest ever, which can only be a good thing for the people playing the game.
As usual this is just my opinion which has about as much factual content as the average episode of Red Dwarf.