Author Topic: Wish list and information of the UFO.  (Read 67039 times)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list and information of the UFO.
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2006, 06:43:25 pm »
I would think it takes much more than that.
And does anyone remember the name of the planet destroying tool?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2006, 06:44:22 pm »
My best guess is once you leave their solar system. It would give the game fluidity and ease. I don't think we should customize monoliths though. Their very design spawns their function. It wouldn't act as a monolith if it had a different design. Monolith means one stone. It would probably crash the game if had two.  ;)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2006, 07:34:25 pm »
How can one monolith have two stones and still be considered one thing?
Anyways, do you think that we can put more than one monolith per planet?

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2006, 11:20:46 pm »
the monolith from "2001" is basicly an "uplifting device"
since it is the most well know example of an "uplifting device" it is a natural way to catagorize such "uplifting devices".

but if you want to create something with the same power as the monolith a basic building editor with only geometricly perfect shapes and single colors choice would best replicate the awsome appearance without making it silly

now as for me i forsee dropping mighty stone tablets with my commands written on them

"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2006, 11:26:58 pm »
Hell. Some of us want silly.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2006, 11:43:06 pm »
I still don't think you can edit it because it is a tool in the UFO menu and therefore it is probably pre-made.

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2006, 11:47:53 pm »
I still don't think you can edit it because it is a tool in the UFO menu and therefore it is probably pre-made.

thought the whole idea of SPORE was all content is player made: you see it you can edit it
wouldnt do to have just monoliths be "locked in place"
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2006, 11:53:29 pm »
Then we would be able to edit the fireworks, the terraforming tools, the Genesis device, the colony beam, and all the other tools. I think there will be different models of the monolith that you can choose, just like in The Sims.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2006, 06:35:52 am »
Then we would be able to edit the fireworks, the terraforming tools, the Genesis device, the colony beam, and all the other tools. I think there will be different models of the monolith that you can choose, just like in The Sims.

Those are all simple enough that you might be able to download mods to them.  Maybe fireworks could be replaced with water spouts or flame shooters (harmless of course), the monolith with any arbitrary shape, etc.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2006, 06:49:01 am »
I'd love to see alterable special effects in the game. Maybe position switching for devices. I.E. Instead of firing the tractor beam from the underside, you fire it from the front or back. Your engines face backwards instead of under (WW showed this one is possible). Y'know, that sort of stuff. And it'd be fun to be able to change effect colors. It's boring if every energy weapon is yellow or orange. Why not shoot a blue beam? What's wrong with blue?
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2006, 05:31:21 pm »
How can you use a tractor beam that shoots from the side? I think that the tractor beam will always shoot from below even if we didn't design our UFO that way.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2006, 06:43:33 pm »
Well, yes, I agree with you on that one... But it'd be dull if all weapons fire from one point.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2006, 06:49:39 pm »
Well, yes, I agree with you on that one... But it'd be dull if all weapons fire from one point.

Wouldn't it be harder to code and play if you didn't know exactly where the weapon came from?
And I didn't mean that all weapons would fire from the same place if that's what you thought.

Offline GHudston

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2006, 07:01:55 pm »
I'd love to see alterable special effects in the game. Maybe position switching for devices. I.E. Instead of firing the tractor beam from the underside, you fire it from the front or back. Your engines face backwards instead of under (WW showed this one is possible). Y'know, that sort of stuff. And it'd be fun to be able to change effect colors. It's boring if every energy weapon is yellow or orange. Why not shoot a blue beam? What's wrong with blue?

Agreed, i think every aspect of your UFO should be able to be changed in some way or another, I'd just be happy with a few color choices for all the particle effects to be honest. Just go that extra mile with customisetion, it is YOUR UFO afterall!

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2006, 08:19:36 pm »
Yes, I think most people would like to be able to customize as much as they can.

Does anyone remember the name of the planet destroying beam?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:48:20 pm by Lualmoba »