Author Topic: Kogan - the Dwarf Fortress MetaGame!! **Gore n' excessive blood**  (Read 19798 times)

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
"This is an adamantine goblet, all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with emerald and ruby. on the item is an image of a dwarf sitting on an adamantine throne, the dwarf is laughing."

Hello, hello! it's been quite a while since i have touched this part of the forum. I suddenly got the wacky idea of making a dwarf fortress themed meta game. The thing above is what you are supposed to manage with our protagonist; Kogan Kezatgunlel (Fishrape). this dwarf is not your usual one man army-dwarf. oh no, this one barely has a beard! his parents were both killed in a nasty carp accident, possibly explaining his last name. he has been an orphan in the seven year old fortress; Demontaunt.
Kogan grew up without his parents as a fisherdwarf. all the dwarves noticed that he was a bit odd, he didn't have any beard, he was barely strong enough to lift a book! Then one day a dwarf named Terl attempted to sexually assault a female dwarf in the fortress. He framed Kogan for doing it, he was innocent. But nobody believed Kogan when he tried to prove he was not guilty. The dwarves threw him out of the fortress and now he has nowhere to go but to adventure!!

Here goes!

Ack! I got thrown out of my own home! Now what? Where shall i go, where can I go??
They were kind enough to give me some food, though, so i won't starve out here. I also brought my map.

Right. I am here(red dot) and the fortress gate is the horseshoe-ish icon to the right. nothing but mountain ranges to the east, i don't see any reason why i would want to go there yet. The river to my west goes far down south to more dwarven halls, i believe. Right across the bridge the tree humpers, uh... i mean the elves live. further to the west are the humans, maybe they are the answer to my troubles!
Right to the south of the elves lie a goblin tower. i bet there are some riches there. but i don't really have anything to defend myself with, i'm sure the elves have swords or whatever. To the north... don't know. i only know that the farther up north you go, the colder it gets.

So, where to?

((Rules: i'm using hammerspace on this one(like in the Zelda games where link just happens to have all his items under his skirt.) , i'll make an item bag picture later. you can just ask to look around the surroundings, as i didn't get to make a new scene, i'll get right on it when i update. I'll prolly get like, skill sheet and all that covered later. Out in the wilderness we'll prolly find some kobold kids playing or the like. if we're lucky, we might even find a kobold with some sort of weapon, and i want to make combat much cooler for this one, as some of you may remember the fighting in the amazing adventure was really dull, i'll try and improve. Post as much as you can, as that helps me want to continue this. for now, we'll see how this works out, and i hope you enjoy))
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:58:48 pm by Veraal »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
Re: Kogan - the Dwarf Fortress MetaGame!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:12:34 pm »
Question, are you actually playing Kogan as an adventurer in-game, or is this a simulation of a simulation of a randomly generated fantasy world?
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 07:45:39 pm »
Before you go anywhere, pick up that dagger next to the skelly, might be useful.

Heck, get the skull too while you're at it.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 10:28:00 pm »
Get the bone right next to the skull too. You might need it later on in case you need another weapon.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:12:41 am »
I'd say get the rock too, but there'll probably be plenty of rocks elsewhere anyways. And it's really really unlikely to be of any value being right outside a major habitation.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 01:46:07 am »
Question, are you actually playing Kogan as an adventurer in-game, or is this a simulation of a simulation of a randomly generated fantasy world?

you tell him what he should do. in some sense, you are his thoughts.

it won't be completely tied to dwarf fortress, the game is simply set in the dwarf fortress world, i'll probably add things that aren't in dwarf fortress.

i use dwarf fortress in adventure mode simply to find names for people, items and locations and so on.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 02:06:12 am »
Oh, and after you grab all the goodies head off towards the bridge on the map. but not across it just yet.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 02:08:14 am by Neoskel »

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 05:38:00 am »
Go to sleep in the river. Then find a zombie, break its arms and legs and keep pinching its eyeballs until you pass out.

Then you're ready for some genocide.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 05:45:51 am »
Find an elf lodge, sneak up on one of the guards and tear out his tongue, then choke him until he passes out and batter him to death. When his friends come to investigate, throw the corpse of their friend at them and high-tail it out of there!  :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 05:54:41 am »
i agree with sam all the way :D

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 06:19:23 am »
Find an elf lodge, sneak up on one of the guards and tear out his tongue, then choke him until he passes out and batter him to death. When his friends come to investigate, throw the corpse of their friend at them and high-tail it out of there!  :P

i think he should throw a limb at them instead. remember, he wasn't really that strong.

but, i catch your drift. i'll make this metagame filled with blood n' gore and sex and drugs and rock and roll etc.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 09:15:12 am »

Roight. i picked up the skull. also the dagger, even though it looks battered, it's sharp.

To the north i think i can spot a tower or keep of some sort. dunno what's inside though.

Straight ahead, to the west, i see a river, and a forest. that's prolly where the elves are. there also seems to be something by that tree over there to the left.

My stuff.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 09:20:49 am »
forget the elves...go slaughter everyone at the camp at that tree at the most horrible way you can imagine

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 09:37:12 am »
You should investigate who they are first, why slaughter them when you can use them as shields to be slaughtered by your enemies instead of you.
Virus Buster.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 09:41:33 am »
Why would you let anyone else do the slaughtering?

Break their spines by throwing loam at them from hiding.
Not a winner anymore.