Author Topic: Zenyxis : A Fallout NV add-on (Formaly know as a Fallout 3 add-on)  (Read 19426 times)

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: Zenyxis : A Fallout 3 add-on
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2010, 07:22:34 am »
That Ripper idea sounds great, perhaps you can make it look like Ash's chainsaw From Evil Dead:

Like, covering your whole arm.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2010, 09:01:16 am »
The weapon would look more grim. And right now i am thinking that it would be a HtH more then a melee weapon. Ash's chainsaw i would class more as a melee weapon. But i am glad you like the concept.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2010, 09:09:09 am »
If it drains health then I guess something like syringe fingers would sort of fit the concept.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2010, 09:14:49 am »
The weapon would look more grim. And right now i am thinking that it would be a HtH more then a melee weapon. Ash's chainsaw i would class more as a melee weapon. But i am glad you like the concept.
Assuming 'HtH' stands for 'Hand to Hand', what exactly is the difference between that and melee?

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:04 am »
I am assuming HtH would fall under the unarmed skill (Brass knuckles, Deathclaw Gauntlets), Melee falls under melee weapons skill (sledge hammers, tire irons)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:29:13 am by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2010, 10:31:46 am »
If it drains health then I guess something like syringe fingers would sort of fit the concept.

Yeah that is more like i had in mind. Some nice concept art there i have not seen before. I guess thats Scarecrow form Arkham judging for them name of the file. Cool. Always liked that character. He would actually fit in well costume design wise i think in Hong Kong >_>

(If we do something inspired form him we should make sure its original enough.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2010, 05:55:34 pm »
Project Update
A other weapon. Smiler problem with us not having a model. It may be bit more tricky to make to but I think we can do it. The Cryo gun. Technically it not a weapon but just like a pool cue can be used as a improvised weapon this gun will to be able to be used as a improvised weapon. Shoots a beam of frost that slowly slows the target down and damages the target. I hope we can make one or two and place it in the cryo lab in the Zenyxis headquarters and maybe... just maybe one have made it out of the lab ;) . It should be pretty good against big signal target enemies that likes to engage in melee combat. Deathclaws anyone? But is absolutely a weapon that needs a lot of testing. But the goal is that the weapon should at least have a decent situational use. I was a bit surprised that they did not add this weapon to the game actualy. Though there where apparently plans for a gun with a simler idea. A homemade cryo gun you could make with schemes. It would be the energy weapon of schemes.

If i find a good mod that work with the schematics made cryo gun i will try to test it out. Oh and if anyone of you have tested it please tell  me what you think and if you think we should implement our own cryo gun or not.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2010, 05:36:26 pm »
Project Update

Well i have talked a bit about the weapons in the game. Now lets talk a bit about the armor. I hope we will be able to implement at least two Alien inspired armor suits. The first one is the Space Activity suit. Based around the 50's era skin suit but with some bases in reality to. Unlike a regular space suit this one is not bulky at all but has a skin tight fit offering maximum mobility. Gives a bit of protection. Especially against Radiation. And i think we will include a force shield with it. Though we might make two variations of the suit. one with and one without. (With some visual changes.) The helmet will be separate form the suit it self and take up the mask slot as i plan it now.

The second armor would be more of a power armor. Basically the hazard suit variation of the Space activity suit. I hope to make the vat profile unique making it hard to aim for the face as the neck would be protected by ether a hood or a long neck. I hope this will give it a more alien look. As with the activity suit i hope to put a shield on the armor. Also the suit will use the same face mask helmet but will not let you equip a real helmet.

The shield i think would give the suits character. Like the alien enemies with shields. We might code it so it drain you energy reserver however and gets deactivated without energy.

Other things we might add is a booster pack which adds speed. Basically a low level jetpack. Though this i am not sure how we will do and it might be limited to users of the Zen Armor.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2010, 02:29:07 pm »
I really like all the ideas for this mod. Would definately be awesome if you are able to realize it into the game.

Also, i have a week vacation next week, so i'll record my voice samples  ;)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2010, 05:41:01 pm »
Project Update

More information have been released about Fallout: New Vegas and there addressing a lot that this add-on was meant to address. What does that mean for our project? right now not much. We do not know yet if we will port it to FNV but if we do it will bit a huge undertaking considering that the game has the same core as Fallout 3. The only big difference is that those parts FNV do address we will put later on the list of things to do. This includes crafting to some extent. Things like the Sword and areas will not really be effect by FNV in anyway so we continue to work with those.

In other news. Pixxel informs me that he have made the test area and is now just looking for a good way to implement this new area. If you wish to be a level designer feel free to join up. Pixxel can not do all the work.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 05:18:26 pm »
Project Update

Good news is that i have found someone that might be willing to work on the project. He is a coder so that could become useful. But Yossi is already filling his spot for now so i told him that right now i had no real assignments for him but if he is willing to work with us later on i might contract him. He seem to be good at what he does. He is looking to some thing however that might help me out.

The major thing slowing us down is the lack or content providers really. 3D modelers and such. I hope the Voice actors starts to deliver some more samples. so we at least can get the sword in to a finished state.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2010, 05:35:54 pm »
Project Update

So i have been hang around on wikia-fallout IRC channel and talking with a moder there. Same guy i mentioned before. He have actually been working on a Multilayer mod for Fallout 3. And it seems to work. Not flawlessly but enough. He is now actually looking for a team to make a hole world that is MP adapted. Now i am not proposing we switch our development effort over to his little project but i plan to keep a eye on this. other mods he have been doing to the game engine can also be of use for us.

The mod is supporting: Chat, Quit, Name, Position, SPEICAL Stats, Equipped Items (cloth and weapons), ingestibles, player angle, and attacking is almost all complete

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2pQt88Btk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2pQt88Btk</a>
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2010, 05:00:38 pm »
Project Update

Today i am going to post a list of some of the items we need to have new models for. This will not be a complete list but give a bit of a overview of what work is ahead of us.

Weapons
 Blood Gauntlet
 Cryo Gun

Clothing and armor
 Alien based Space Activity suit
 Alien based Power Armor
 Alien based helmet
 Local chines style clothing
 British military style clothing
 Different kinds of gas masks

Ventricles
 Local style cars. Smaller more European looking
 Double decker buss and/or tram

Architecture
 Local chines style architecture
 Art Deco style buildings
 Gigantic Crashed Airship

Mutations
 Hand and arm mutations
 Body mutations
 Head mutations
 possibly other slots.

Mutants
 Mutant animals
 Mutant plants

Robots
 Ball scout robots
 Stealth melee robot
 Stealth range robot
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2010, 07:18:11 pm »
I will go write side quests if that's okay...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:35:42 pm by Spartan King 95 »
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »
You are already on the team. >.>
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.