Author Topic: Do you want spore to be better? Heres how.  (Read 3439 times)

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Do you want spore to be better? Heres how.
« on: January 09, 2009, 10:22:00 pm »
Spore in my opinion is an average game with both good and bad. But i realized that spore had the potential to be one of the best games of this century. However as the weeks went on after spore came out i realized that EA/Maxis were not very interested in making a truly awesome game, so i went out looking to see if anyone else was trying. I found the small community of sporemods. I arrived luckily at the same time as Void's Sporemaster came out in its 1st addition. Mods started pouring in when Void released the second version of sporemaster, this time with many vast improvements and also the ability to create new parts. The spore modding community has grown by more then a factor of 10 since i arrived and is continuing to thrive. We have just recently started work on the spore modding wikia and we are looking for people to help out.

I have now created a simple yet comprehensive walkthrough on how to mod spore, changing the game to suit what you want. Do you wish to create your own item which teleports you home whenever you want? You can create it. Do you want more trade routes? You can make it. Do you want to get every achievement quickly? You can do that.

The future for spore is not just in the hands of EA or Maxis but also in the hands of you, the future spore modders: You.

Resource links:
Spore Mod Index
How to mod Spore
How to Install Mods
Sporemaster
BetterSpore
How to create an item
Spore Modding Wikia
A large list of spore properties

gec05

Re: Do you want spore to be better? Heres how.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 01:59:29 pm »
I cleaned up your thread FF. Everyone please continue any other irrelevant discussion elsewhere.

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 11:52:21 pm »
I cleaned up your thread FF. Everyone please continue any other irrelevant discussion elsewhere.

Thanks Gec ;D Hopefully with the spore wikia talking to will wright we can ask him some questions about modding.

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 07:54:10 pm »
I have made a new tutorial on how to create an item:

Sporedum Modding: How to Create an Item

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 12:22:25 am »
Community modding is a great thing and can foster great changes in a game. However in that post you "sell" it as if it was a petty cheat or trainer to get to the end goals faster. I'd definately reword if you're trying to introduce people to a modding community, and not bang off a cheat advert.

That said, I've been away from the Spore community for a while and it's nice to see people are still working on mods. I'll definately be checking out what advances have been made here.