Author Topic: Well... I'm done.  (Read 12754 times)

Offline Bellum

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: Well... I'm done.
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 09:48:03 pm »
After the first three or four playthroughs, never.  :P

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 12:41:25 am »
I still like spore, but I've come to the repetitive stage as well.
I've been back in WoW for a couple of weeks, because spore started acting up (not launching again) and I couldn't be arsed to fix it because of the repetitive factor.
EDIT: Wow, I just read that again. I'm going BACK to WoW because another game is too repetitive? *LOL* Not a good statement for that game :p

Couple of days ago I decided to get it working again. After a while I succeeded and launched it again to play around and have fun in the editors. I wanted to start a new game after that, but thought "well why not try the patch first". So I allow it to download, fine. Error installing patch.
Ok reload and try again. Same error. Try with different variations of EADM running on and offline. Now I'm back to how it started, only the patch wasn't installed, doesn't come up and Spore wont let me go online at all. Says there's a login problem, can't connect to the server.
So I couldn't patch (fine, whatever), but now I can't play online either?

I just gave up. It's still a fine game, but not worth the hassle.
I'll check back in a few months and see what sort of patches have been released. Maybe if the patch has been patched...

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 03:21:54 am »
im done for now, too.
just uninstalled it yesterday in the need of discspace and i got mixed feelings about this.. game.
i mean.. its a brilliant idea with all this evolution-thingy, and all this explorations stuff, but..
i think i was expecting to much as a gamer in general or thats the result of the hype..
and since im not the type of customer who will buy 20+ expansionpacks,
this game will take a seat on the shelf.
maybe i would even sell it if it wouldnt be key and acc bound..
i dunno.
im not even pissed or something. just a bit sad, cause of the high expectations i had all the years.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008, 07:08:33 am »
uninstalled after one week or something, which is kinda sad.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008, 07:31:39 am »
I still have it installed, and I enjoy making the occasional creation, but I do not play the game at ALL since I reached the galactic core.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2008, 09:28:53 am »
I still enjoy the game. Making Edens, finding odd new planets, cell, creators... It just hits my interests too squarely. I just wish there was more to do on the gaming side.

Offline SeaJazz

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 09:55:46 am »
meh, I stopped playing over a week ago and went back to COD4 on XBox 360. It got boring and really repetitive. Missions are the same, T-Forming was the same until the SOL and now it's even more blah. I was trying to CBT (Conquer By Terraforming), but how many Edens can you make before they all look the same? I enjoyed TF and dropping an Obelisk on non-star faring planets but being worshiped got old too. Spice Running is tedious. Crushing my Enemies is old hat. It is a PITA to repeatedly set up maxed out colonies. I'm at a loss.  :'(

Something with a little depth would have increased the playability. Civilization:Space

I'll wait patiently for Fable II. In the meantime, COD4 and the new Viva Pinata will tide me over. I knew there was a reason I stopped playing PC games.

Offline beta592

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2008, 10:06:09 am »
Wow, it's eerie how Telluric seemed to have read my mind. I agree with him 100% and I'm in the same boat. However, I noticed that I still play Civ 4 and I am really enjoying the new Colonization. They are much more challenging.

The original post made me think of what brought me to Spore. The problem that I have with games like Civ 4 was that I wanted to do other things with my empire other than fight all the time. Spore gave me this but has no challenge. I feel like I traded the core of a game for a hollow sphere..... I don't know if that makes sense. While I played Civ 4 I made up stories as best I could but was limited by the game. Spore allows me more creativity in terms of editors but I found out I'm not an artist, neither by skill nor interest. So really it turns out being the same as Civ 4 for me in that regard.

Luckily I haven't installed that patch so my game is glitch free. I feel they should have just focused on the cell and creature stages which were the most enjoyable for me and the most original I think. I think I'll go back to it from time to time but overall I think I'm done with it. I don't have alot of free time to spend on games these days and I want that time to have more substance. Nor will I wait 10 years for this game to reach maturity. I did enjoy the time I spent playing it while it held my interest and I thank the game for opening the doors of gaming in a new direction

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 11:10:54 am »
Anyone expecting the complexity or depth of the civilization series and needing it to keep their interest of course are going to be bored with spore.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2008, 09:11:59 pm »
Anyone expecting the complexity or depth of the civilization series and needing it to keep their interest of course are going to be bored with spore.

Though a Spore / Civilization cross over game would be awesome! I hope that happens someday.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2008, 02:56:37 am »
LOL, spore and civ 4 so combining one of the simplest games EVER with one of the most complex ever made...

I share the feeling that many of the posters has said.

I like the creativity of spore and the innovation which in an allready non moving gaming world should be endorsed highly.

But when that is said I really can not say that spore should be the game of the year...

Is thinking on games like mass effect...which was TOTAL awsome and this year is just starting with all the major hitters comming soon.

If spore wins the game of the year....well I am really in doubt if it deserves it....8 years of development. It seems hard to justify compared to others that took 2 years. But I am almost certain that EA will play a big part in selecting the game of the year...

Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2008, 09:50:28 am »
 Still haven't reached the core. To busy maintaining the Federation of Kainis. With almost 64 members keeping them all peaceful is turning out to be a weeee tricky. I did figured out if your trading with species and take spice from planets which are enemies to each other they oddly seem to start being friends. Then trade on there own. Then become allies.

I play every night almost 5 hours and barely feel like I've scratched the surface. Is it me or am I easily amused hahah :D