Author Topic: Running into my Own Ships?  (Read 3761 times)

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Running into my Own Ships?
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:37:51 pm »
 I'm getting really tired of seeing my own ships used by aliens. Is there any way to stop this from happening? I deleted them from the sporepedia. Deleted them from my document folders. Yet they keep popping up. Id say 70 percent of the time.. Super weird considering how many ships are in my folders.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:40:33 pm by Techleo »

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
Re: Running into my Own Ships?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 09:39:58 pm »
no, quite simply.
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »
 Wouldnt be so bad later in the space stage once I start becoming advanced. That I can understand. The aliens buying my ships and all... Still oh well, I just hoped I could. By the way, I love your avatar ;D

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:18:04 pm »
thanks

Also, in theory, deleting your own content, where it is stored, or using friends only could work.

MEh, today I ran into a total of 3 species using my borg cubes. Kinda annoying, yea.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:20:11 pm by Robertbobby91 »
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:40:58 pm »
One solution might be to just go into sporepedia and download a lot of UFOs. That way the game will have more to choose from.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:10 pm »
 Agreed Spiritofcat. I'm doing that as we speak. Seems to have helped a ton! Ran into the oddest ship. I swear it looked alive. Sorta like Tinman from star trek.

Offline AuraBoyX

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:45:28 pm »
I had this problem... Firstly, make sure there are not duplicates of your content in you Spore folder... (I have noticed in the game - multiple instances of a creature or vehicle/ship are saved if you keep saving and tweaking the design and going to look at it to see if it is animating correctly/looks correct).

Secondly, go onto the sporepedia and just download a bunch of cool ships into your folder. I just paged through them and downloaded about 40 of them quickly. This has seemed to reduce the chances of me running into my own ship significantly.

Do not rely on the sporecasts... I do get gamingsteve content but it seems to be a secondary thing. The game seems to do an alternation of maxis content and content from your folder and then occasionally it will throw a sporecast creature in... But I think it draws from the folder first and more frequently.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 10:57:20 pm »
I really think it should prevent AI empires from using the flagship UFO of any of your player races.  It's really annoying and confusing to be attacked by a bunch of ships that look just like you.  This has happened to me several times.

But as has been suggested:
avoid multiple instances of the same ship (since each gets a chance to appear)
subscribe to a sporecast (there are a few UFO casts on this page)
or download UFOs

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 10:57:33 pm »
MEh, today I ran into a total of 3 species using my borg cubes. Kinda annoying, yea.

Borg cubes? That kinda explains it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assimilation_(Star_Trek)#Assimilation
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 10:58:09 pm »
Agreed spiritofcat. I'm doing that as we speak. Seems to have helped a ton! Ran into the oddest ship. I swear it looked alive. Sorta like Tinman from star trek.
If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to add as a buddy everyone you can find from Gaming Steve. There are a lot of really creative people who make awesome stuff. I've got a huge list of GS members as my buddies and now I hardly ever run into anything not made by one them.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 06:29:26 am »
My doll ship kept attacking me last night. It's alot meaner than I thought it would be.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 06:34:20 am »
My doll ship kept attacking me last night. It's alot meaner than I thought it would be.

I have LadyM's bathtub ship attacking me as pirates constantly.
"Hoist the shower curtain! Batton down the drain plug"... sometimes them make a clean getaway, too. ;)

I made a smiley faced UFO for my Havanicedavians, the Spode folks are using it. Kind of hard to take them seriously. :)

-Lego

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 06:49:16 am »
I made a smiley faced UFO for my Havanicedavians
-Lego

/chuckle :)

Offline Necrox

• Venture Conqueror
  • Underwater Civs For President!
    • View Profile
    • Lupus Photo
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 08:11:00 am »

LOL I'd better not download that one then! :P

Btw. just in case I'm not here when it happens, your post count is currently 9999 so GRATS on "post ding" soon! ;D

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 08:30:00 am »
 I had to ban the flying tub. Sorry, to mean! Seriously, why is it the pirates go for the pink or froo froo ships... I mean getting attacked by a space penguin is funny until it stomps on you like its elephant companion. Hehe, ok maybe it is funny hahahahaha ;D

A little bit of creative Rping and I solved my problem. I built the first ship based off the designs of the one that crashed. Call it Galactic standard. I haven't uploaded it yet since it needs work. Suffice it though it makes much better sense seeing a other alien flying around in a ship pretty everyone uses in the galaxy anyways.

On that note, I've played almost every kind of philosophy in space and Im hook on being a trader. I think Im going to RP being a shipbuilder with my new race ;D Everyone will want to fly around in my Captoduki. Yeah.. its a duck.. with a hat.. hehehe :P :) ;D :D