Author Topic: Will Wright Videos and Interviews  (Read 18441 times)

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Will Wright Videos and Interviews
« Reply #90 on: July 03, 2008, 12:04:19 pm »
I just hope I don't obsess over Spore 2 as much as I am obsessing over Spore. 

Offline WeatherMAN

• Sea Battler
  • ^ He's rocking out ^
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Creations!
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:36 pm »
Visit: My Spore Creations | My Sporepedia Profile
...Please Comment & Vote Them Up! Their may be cookies involved...
OK... so there aren't any cookies... do it because I have an undying need to get approval from people I've never me

Offline Rubric

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2008, 12:11:30 pm »

I heard they just pushed the release date for that back to 2014!

By the way, I don't think this level of obsession applies to sequels.  The only time I've ever been this excited about a computer game was around 2003 (or so) when Neverwinter Nights came out.  I followed development of that game closely (as in daily) for years.  However, when NWN 2 was announced, I was immune!  In fact, I didn't even buy it, although I still love the original NWN.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2008, 03:44:04 pm »

By the way, I don't think this level of obsession applies to sequels.  The only time I've ever been this excited about a computer game was around 2003 (or so) when Neverwinter Nights came out.  I followed development of that game closely (as in daily) for years.  However, when NWN 2 was announced, I was immune!  In fact, I didn't even buy it, although I still love the original NWN.

I loved NWN. But i did not know about it until a D&D friend told me about it.

If anyone remembers the NWNVault I made a project called Maztica as well as got a lot of my real world animals into CEP and played a lot on the server called Urath. But all that was before Spore (2002 to 2005).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 03:45:44 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2008, 03:53:33 pm »
Now my dreams of making an electric beaver can be realised.  ;D

You and every other man... Oh, wait, you mean, oh, yes, right.

No, no, I don't want one of those. They'd ruin my trees.

I want an electric pack herbivore.
I think the electricity only stays in the cell stage. I mean, electricity is not that great of a weapon outside of water, and it wasn't in the Creature Editor. Unless we've been told otherwise.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2008, 07:28:30 pm »

NWN2 is rubbish and boring. NWN1 FTW.

Sure it looks nice, you play it through once, and you've seen everything there is to see. So you decide to go online and start a new story in a new land. So you open the in game browser, and join a server. After spending 30 mins creating your awsome new chracter it tries to log you into the game. ERROR! Missing this mod, missing that mod, missing world file, mising this, missing that. "Ahh crap" you think, "now im going to have to track down those files". So after hours of searching on the net (NWN2 doesnt tell you where to DL them). So you finally track down the mods it needs, all the correct versions, then log into the server, only to find no one plays there any more. But thats ok, you've decided to play in that world and see what its like. Then a few days later an update to the world is made, with the new version of those mods and a new world file. So the process starts again and you have to find those files all over again.

Its not quite as simple as clicking on a server and joining any more, as it is in NWN1. It was a bad design choice, and killed the game for me.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2008, 09:16:07 pm »

I loved NWN. But i did not know about it until a D&D friend told me about it.

If anyone remembers the NWNVault I made a project called Maztica as well as got a lot of my real world animals into CEP and played a lot on the server called Urath. But all that was before Spore (2002 to 2005).

I still have a lot of Hydro's material on my computer. I was interested in Nwn crafting system at the time so I was following the Civilution and real lift crafting closely.

I wonder how many other Nwn refugees are into Spore now?  I have seen Wydraz name pop up somewhere too.

Offline Len84

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2008, 02:05:06 am »
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35863.html

Gametrailers interview part 2.

The editor tries to make the video more amusing. But seem to only succeed by insulting Mr Wright.  >:(

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2008, 03:29:20 am »
Yeah it wasn't that funny. Nor was much information given.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2008, 06:13:42 am »
Did you notice the screen in the background?

Having access to a full version of Spore is a rare opportunity. That guy was wasting precious time.

At the top of the screen it says "Select your spaceship" and he was scrolling through a lot of creatures...

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2008, 07:50:43 am »
I listened to it once, and then watched it again to watch the background. "Sleepy time express" ...lol