Author Topic: CC Parts 4 the next EP! (Maxis Plz Read)  (Read 10150 times)

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
Re: CC Parts 4 the next EP! (Maxis Plz Read)
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 12:21:50 pm »
Compare the two biggest Amphibian feet: The Froggening and the Toadening

The Froggening has three morph handles: foot length, toe size & shape, and width of toe spread.
The Toadening has one morph handle, which changes ALL THREE of the above settings along a spread. But this means you can't have a long, narrow foot with tiny toes. First, you spread the toes. THEN the toe sizes increase -- if you wanted a narrow foot with big toes, you're out of luck. Finally, you change length -- only after you've made giant toes and a wide foot.

Why would they combine them like that? Is it a goof? Something they haven't fixed yet? I could accept that the morph animations are CREATED along a single timeline, and somehow they are split up into different dimensions. Why is the Toadening set up like this?

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 12:40:39 pm »
"Why are hands the only things in the CC that don't have morph handles?"

You forgot eyes...they don't either.

Yeah, I guess I worded it wrong, since the "stalk" eyes (Stalkgazer, Meanstalk, Periscoptic and Peduncledunk) DO have morph handles... The Meanstalk even has TWO!

But you're right - most of the eyes don't have them either. They need at least Pupil/Iris Size - you can't make tiny cartoon pupils, or big Doe Eyes that have almost no white visible in them.

Limbs don't technically have morph handles, but they do have the Muscle Mass you can mess with.

Ok, ok, I keep looking now, and the default feet (that come with the limb and have no name because even if you like them you can select them separately from the window), all of the "spitters" except the Phlegmthrower, and the Megachiraptora wings all have no morph handles either.

But the hands, that's a category in which NONE of the parts have them.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 10:59:18 pm »
That 5 fingered hand has been photoshopped.