Author Topic: the inevitable is out in force.  (Read 5796 times)

Offline scottyspore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
the inevitable is out in force.
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:59:41 pm »
on my last search of the word penis in sporepedia (I had to check), there are already three creatures that have made their way onto the 'pedia.  I expected it, but I figured at this point only real fans would have it, not just stupid troublemakers.  I'd post the pictures just to prove my point, but some are actually realistic enough to get me banned.

gec05

Re: the inevitable is out in force.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:05:28 am »
We've seen them and in fact archived the ones that even have been removed from Sporepedia. :)

Offline Jennifer Reitz

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
    • Jenniverse.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:22:48 am »
It's become a flood now. With over 2000 creatures, penises are popping up all over the place. And that's not all; if you can name anything that would titillate a 13-year old mind (regardless of actual physical age) it is now in the Sporepedia.

I am amazed that they never put in a word censor for the naming alone, frankly.

They are really going to have to do something proactive if Spore is to avoid being dragged through the mud on the news as "New game allows children to see entire -worlds- of obscenity! Film at eleven!"

I recommend to Maxis and EA:

1. Add a basic obscenity filter to every area that any player can type anything at all.

2. Do the above very, very quickly.

3. Get some sort of prepared statement ready just in case the excretion hits the fan.
Jennifer Diane Reitz

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 12:28:37 am »
Good point Jenny.

I have a little brother who is nine years-old, and would like to play Spore. As his older brother, I care about him, and I do not want him to get exposed to the products of the "OMG I HAZ MAEDZ A B0N3R!!!11"-type minds of the punks making the blatantly genitalia-shaped creatures.
Ichthyostega

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 01:17:58 am »
if he doesn't learn that on the spore pedia, he'll learn it in school you know.. the only thing against this is to force creativeness with a slightly raised voice :)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 10:01:58 am »
I'd rather have him learn it from a human biology website or some other educational website (like I did when I was a bit younger), or just learn it from school.

Do you understand anything about traumatization?

I, of course, am not his parent, but I care about him.
Ichthyostega

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 11:40:11 am »
It seems like, though there are loads of creatures with "penis" tags, only about two or three of them actually look like penises.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Flak

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Zoo and Creature Cave
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 11:49:20 am »
I'm not sure why you're giving them attention. They are probably running here to see if they get mentioned and how upset people get about it. Why not just report it and move along?

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 01:09:15 pm »
The game will probably be rated Teen for this very reason. It's online and you can't fully control what people put up there. I just have a question for people: Are you going to let the game randomly put creatures into you game? I've already decided that I'll just find some people who make good sporecasts and subscribe. This way I can still be surprised in game by new creatures but I probably won't get crap creatures.
My predictions for Spore.

1) No water creatures at initial release. I was right about this even when the fanboys were denying it.
2) No composite limbs at initial release. eg. Buttface; attaching a limb to a limb to... Update: Prediction was incorrect. Buttface is in!
3) Spore will outsell the Sims and be the best selling game of all time until something better comes along.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 01:16:33 pm »
I just realized.  This could be the sad, sad result of piracy.  What if the EA people say to the ESRB "Only we have added creatures to the sporepedia."  So then just as a test, the ESRB creatures search penis, and then rate it AO.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline RealmRPGer

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Tanket
    • View Profile
    • Realm Protectors
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 01:31:34 pm »
I would like it if you could mark a checkbox that says "NSFW" or something as sometimes people just want to share these things with their friends.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 01:58:19 pm »
Who cares anyway, it's not like it's an actual penis image or anything.  It can't really truly look like a penis anyway. Let's start outlawing hot dogs and Popsicles now also.

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 02:12:10 pm »
I just realized.  This could be the sad, sad result of piracy.

And what exactly do penis and vagina creatures have to do with piracy? Smoke funny substances much?
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 02:19:18 pm »
Just don't post pictures please. It's bad enough we have to talk about it.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 02:20:51 pm »
Just don't post pictures please. It's bad enough we have to talk about it.

I think that's something none of us want :-X
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇´)人(´∇`)人(`∇´)ノ   (゚д゚; )