Author Topic: Canada  (Read 4810 times)

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
Canada
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:13:34 pm »
Canada not on the Spore site when you select countries. EA did you forget us? Either add Canada or change United States to North America.

--Angry Canadian (yes I know it's rare)

My predictions for Spore.

1) No water creatures at initial release. I was right about this even when the fanboys were denying it.
2) No composite limbs at initial release. eg. Buttface; attaching a limb to a limb to... Update: Prediction was incorrect. Buttface is in!
3) Spore will outsell the Sims and be the best selling game of all time until something better comes along.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
Re: Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:15:24 pm »
Angry Canadian (yes I know it's rare)
Onoes,carm down dude.

There probably adding them as we speek.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:10:54 pm »
I actually noticed that too. But I assumed that we are expected to pick the US if we wanted geographical relevant information, the UK if want the proper spelling, or France if you're Quebecois.

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:16:58 pm »
Maybe the thought "Does this really deserve its own topic?" should have formed in your mind when you decided to post this
*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 03:20:18 pm »
Maybe the thought "Does this really deserve its own topic?" should have formed in your mind when you decided to post this

I concur.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 03:21:56 pm »
I actually noticed that too. But I assumed that we are expected to pick the US if we wanted geographical relevant information, the UK if want the proper spelling, or France if you're Quebecois.

I r is US. I am be spelingz gewd!

Joking aside, it's rather rude to assume that we spell things incorrectly. We spell them differently because we use a different derivative of English. There is a difference between American-English and English. They are (or rather will eventually become) two separate languages based around the same predecessor.

I concur.

Just a question, if EA left out say, Germany, America or England, would you still be saying that? Though I do agree since it's Canada and all. /Joke
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 03:31:13 pm »
Angry Canadian (yes I know it's rare)
Onoes,carm down dude.

get cover, he has a hockey stick!

sorry, couldn't resist
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 03:35:06 pm »
You know what, UJ, let's kick some arse...

*Canada ftw*

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 03:38:25 pm »
If people can make an "I dreamed about spore" thread I think I can make a thread reminding them the forgot an entire country. I hope they remember to sell the game in Canadian stores.

We need a section!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OOI8zw3X5s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OOI8zw3X5s</a>

1) No water creatures at initial release. I was right about this even when the fanboys were denying it.
2) No composite limbs at initial release. eg. Buttface; attaching a limb to a limb to... Update: Prediction was incorrect. Buttface is in!
3) Spore will outsell the Sims and be the best selling game of all time until something better comes along.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 03:38:54 pm »
The Portuguese site is still the old version, should I make a topic about it? :X
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 03:40:16 pm »
Sure, why not?  :P

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 03:41:59 pm »
Please do.

A subjective comment: THE DANISH VERSION IS ON THE SPORE-SITE!!! Woohoooo!! (btw. that's a first for those 3-4 of you who didn't notice ;) )

And i really love the updated version! I'm surfing around on it right now. But i must admit that i hate it saying "DOWNLOAD SPORE NOW".
*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 03:43:10 pm »
The Portuguese site is still the old version, should I make a topic about it? :X
If you are Portuguese and that bothers you go ahead and make a thread on a Portuguese forum.  :P

Even Taiwan got a section and it's technically part of China.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 03:43:51 pm »
Joking aside, it's rather rude to assume that we spell things incorrectly.

Yeah, I was being facetious. No insult or rudeness intended.

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 03:54:12 pm »
You know what, UJ, let's kick some arse...

*Canada ftw*
Amen!

In response to this outrage we must now initiate dialogue and explain our point of view and then allow them to explain their point of view and then try to reach a point of mutual understanding whereby all parties are satisfied!