Author Topic: Things in Spore that makes me go crazy  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
Things in Spore that makes me go crazy
« on: October 12, 2008, 11:27:37 am »
Ok heres the things that get me so crazy. When i was playing with a planet and i finally got it to T3 and like 5 miniutes ago it was a T0 so i got it all the way up then i get calls from my allies. and i was about to put down my items for T3 when this happen. Well i go to them and they say that my other allie is attacking them and so over and over so my allies are fighting each other and i cant help them. They are geting me mad and they are too and i watch them fight and fight and fight. then i go back to the planet and its a T2 and i can never make it back to T3 becuase i need to get metours to make it hotter. So i wasted my time.

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
Re: Things in Spore that makes me go crazy
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 12:05:57 pm »
Looks like you will have to make a choice between them.
I tend to choose for the strongest of both, fortunately it doesn't happen that much.
It sure can destroy long term planning when it happens though.
Always make sure you place plants to lock the T-score before you leave, normally you have time enough to respond.
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 12:55:17 pm »
You should work on the terra-wrangler badge, that way you can get the heat ray. It is expensive to buy, but all it needs is energy and you don't need to buy it again.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 01:49:34 pm »
Yeah, it sucks when that happens.

There should be a way to play the mediator and end wars... I mean, Will Wright once talked about a 'Space Counsel' where you made laws and stuff...
...yeah right. More like you get to blow stuff up and get punished for it because you have no say, even though you're the Omnipotent being in the universe.

Oh well, anyways... You have to choose, or let them fight it out.
You can either help one race destroy the other, or you can let their battles go on until one eventually destroys the other. Either way, that's you're only choices.

Also... never quit what you're doing for an ally being attacked. Most planets can defend themselves, the computers ALWAYS buy turrets when they need them, and if they can't defend themselves it's not that big of a deal if they lose a planet... at least it's not your planet.

Offline SL

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 02:38:31 pm »
Even worse, once in one early space game I was terraforming a pink spice planet in an unclaimed system in preparation for colonizing it, and ended up leaving the system before finishing with the planet. I rushed back, but when I returned another empire had claimed the system by planting a colony on a crappy red spice planet. The worst part was that they were one of my allies.

(At the time, I thought that the meteor shower tool might be dangerous to colonies, which was why I didn't make a colony before terraforming.)