Poll

Dead

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Tragdante - Turn 11  (Read 29884 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Tragdante - Turn 9
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2009, 02:49:30 pm »
Yea, even with FTL, travelling from here to the Andromeda galaxy would still take an order of at least a million years (the Andromeda galaxy is several million years away). However, having existed for 10 billion years, the Tragdante seem like a pretty patient race when they have to, a million years would be less than an eyeblink in thier whole history.

So, they are trying to keep humanity from destroying itself? Or rather from breaking the galactic code or something.

Also, I thought we weren't going to ask the armada to help us out since the other Tragdante would laigh at us for the inability to deal with the problem.

Infect the humans and the cows, use the cows to make more of us, use the humans to spread ourselves to other humans. (possibly by skin contact have a number of trags converge to a area such as a finger, manipulate the humans to thouch another one, use our acid to drill from the human to the other. Our size means that we could do this on a scale so that the humans wouldn't notice us.)

Sounds like as good a plan as any.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2009, 03:01:20 pm »
The Armada will stop a global thermonuclear war from purging most of the life from Earth. That is their reason for being here. If massive nuclear exchange begins, the Armada will destroy the missiles, and obliterate the silos. They are a safety precaution, as we cannot blow up missiles in mid-air, seeing as how we're currently a blob. However, this wouldn't be an embarrassment as a thermonuclear war is not something we could've prevented so early in our development.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2009, 03:05:54 pm »
Suddenly we went from "it's hard to take over a cow's brain." to "EXTERMINATE EVERYTHING NOAW!"...

Anyways, yeah. Let's get the cows ALL infected and explode our population.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2009, 03:09:01 pm »
That's generally what happens when you go from bunch of cells to blob. And when you have an orbiting fleet that could simply wipe out humanity if it so wished. To be partially honest, the Armada is also there to ensure that if I tire of this game, I have a way of ending it.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2009, 03:28:17 pm »
That's generally what happens when you go from bunch of cells to blob. And when you have an orbiting fleet that could simply wipe out humanity if it so wished. To be partially honest, the Armada is also there to ensure that if I tire of this game, I have a way of ending it.

Sort of like creating your own dead man's switch so to speak.

Anyhow, I'll go with Flamesters plan.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2009, 03:59:50 pm »
Tragdante - Turn 10; - Let Loose the Dogs of War

We have split ourselves up into many parts, and over the course of a number of hours, have infected all cows and humans in this facility. However, we have not yet taken them over, and doing so may be unwise.

On the greater surface, the Armada reports that the humans are now accusing each other of having destroyed the satellites, and that the militaries are still able to communicate since they've prepared for these types of things. However, civilian communication is few and far between, and a number of countries have taken advantage of the chaos. They've blitzkrieged nearby nations, almost immediately subdueing them. The greater nations have declared war on each other, and are now engaged in air skirmishes, and precision strikes. Tactical nuclear weapons are being used, but these are not the weapons we seek. The Armada is considering striking all the silos on Earth, but to make it appear as if another country had done it. The humans can destroy themselves if they wish, but we will not allow it to be by nuclear weapons. The devestation of Earth is not an option.

A small few in the Collective speak of reasoning with the humans, but they are a violent race. The great majority believe our error was in not wiping them out long before now.

Now that we control the facility, what should we do?

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Re: Tragdante - Turn 10
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2009, 04:02:30 pm »
Can we lie to the greater mass?

If so, just for kicks, say that the humans CAN be reasoned with.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:34 pm »
You want to cause a civil war or something?  :P

Offline Flamester_

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2009, 04:45:50 pm »
Try to learn what country we are in if it is not a superpower Convert anything available to more Trags, if it is then deepen our mental connection. Reason for not appearing in a superpower is that if we are discovered it would be attributed to biological warfare and could incite the government to nuclear retaliation to the supposed country. In any case keep spreading among the humans by the way I described in my earlier post. In any case we need to control the governments in order to keep them from destroying the planet.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2009, 07:47:19 pm »
I think the Tragdante armada just made things worse.

You'd think they would have developed some diplomacy skills, but I guess not.

Have the Tragdante on the ground yell at the armada to stop making things worse. Other than that, I don't have any ideas on me right now.

Flamester, we're obviously in the US, which would be a superpower, but we could be in a neutral position.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2009, 07:48:45 pm »
Names won't be the same on that Earth as they are on this Earth though. The Armada is completely cloaked anyway.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2009, 09:23:44 pm »
Lol diplomacy. Just kill the darn race. Who cares if they can be reasoned with, we don't need them

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2009, 10:10:28 pm »
Have the armada go ahead and take out all the nuclear silos, submarines, and mobile missile platforms.  Then we can conquer the planet during the confusion of the massive conventional war that will be taking place.  It will be like Red Dawn mixed with Mad Max with alien invaders.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2009, 10:39:26 pm »
If they do that, then they risk revealing their presence, cloak or no cloak.

Maybe they should pull a 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' thing if it comes to that point, not neccesarily including Goort, Klaatu Barada Nikto.

I wonder what the Tragdante would think of the thermonuclear testing done in the 60s, given thier ban on nukes.

I have an idea, perhaps they can start tapping into the brains of the humans, just listening and not actually doing anything. It should go a long way towards solving things. With thier collective intelligence (and perhaps plugging into the collective in orbit), they should learn pretty quickly.

Given thier billions of years long history, I'm sure they have seen thousands (if not millions) of alien civilizations rise out of the stone age and then fall. Some of those may even have reached a point where they were advanced enough for contact with the Tragdante.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 10:47:08 pm by smjjames »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 20, 2009, 03:25:12 pm »
So by 'the day the earth stood still', you atleast agree with the Armada annihilating their nuclear weapons?

-I've never seen the day the earth stood still anyway.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 05:22:01 pm by Razonatair »