Author Topic: Looks possible that you choose your starting planet  (Read 19756 times)

Offline DoggySpew

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
Re: Looks possible that you choose your starting planet
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2007, 02:50:13 pm »
I think the option to start from a planet like this is only after you get to the Space Phase initially.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/DoggySpew

7 Gold, 5 Silver, 4 Bronze on the Olympics.

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2007, 02:50:30 pm »
What else do we have to work with Tark? Might as well use what we have.

Offline Stern23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2007, 03:14:33 pm »
Maybe this is a bit off topic, but, ASSUMING that this is a 'Choose Your Planet' screen...this could change a few things.

For instance. You start your first race and go through all of the stages up to space. You become very, very powerful. You save the game, exit back to this screen and then select a new planet fairly close to your first one. After you evolve your new creation up to the creature stage, you save and go back to the first race. Now, you jump in your ship and fly to your second race's planet. Once you locate some of them on the surface, drop monolith, BOOM! Instant brain-boost.

Just a random thought I had. Although, if it is like the Sims, anything you did to someone else's Sim in your game did not affect their game. Everything was just the way it was when they last saved it. So, likely, I'm just rambling on incessantly. Which, honestly, is no huge stretch.
Please comment and rate my creatures here-

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Stern23

I'll return the favor.

The Int'al'ra -

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5563.0

Offline ChristianSkunk

• Astrosmasher!
  • I stink, therefore I am.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 03:38:56 pm »
That's easily fixed, and probably is already.  Creatures you play can't be monolithed.  I'm pretty certain of that.

It's also possible that the universe for Creature A isn't the same as for Creature B.  It was brought up in another thread.  What if you shared your computer/game with a sibling/roommate?  Even without choosing a nearby planet, it'd still be possible (however unlikely) they'd stumble upon your planet/colonies.
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent." - R.D. Laing
"It's only by fate that any life ends and only by chance that it is mine, not yours."

Offline WhiteWolf7

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2007, 03:40:52 pm »
Maybe this is a bit off topic, but, ASSUMING that this is a 'Choose Your Planet' screen...this could change a few things.

For instance. You start your first race and go through all of the stages up to space. You become very, very powerful. You save the game, exit back to this screen and then select a new planet fairly close to your first one. After you evolve your new creation up to the creature stage, you save and go back to the first race. Now, you jump in your ship and fly to your second race's planet. Once you locate some of them on the surface, drop monolith, BOOM! Instant brain-boost.

Just a random thought I had. Although, if it is like the Sims, anything you did to someone else's Sim in your game did not affect their game. Everything was just the way it was when they last saved it. So, likely, I'm just rambling on incessantly. Which, honestly, is no huge stretch.

Creature B would be unaffected cept for in Creature As game. when you go back to creature Bs game it would be  the same as you left it
NEVER argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with exprience

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 03:42:56 pm »
What else do we have to work with Tark? Might as well use what we have.

No need to get defensive, I wasn't trying to be rude. I just thought it was funny.

Offline Stern23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 03:49:23 pm »

Creature B would be unaffected cept for in Creature As game. when you go back to creature Bs game it would be  the same as you left it

Yeah, that thought had occurred to me towards the end of the post. That's how it worked in The Sims, so I assume it would be the same way here. Although, if you want an instant brain boost, I'm sure there would be cheats. Not that I condone that sort of thing... <.< >.> What?
Please comment and rate my creatures here-

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Stern23

I'll return the favor.

The Int'al'ra -

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5563.0

Offline WhiteWolf7

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 03:56:27 pm »

Yeah, that thought had occurred to me towards the end of the post. That's how it worked in The Sims, so I assume it would be the same way here. Although, if you want an instant brain boost, I'm sure there would be cheats. Not that I condone that sort of thing... <.< >.> What?

Actually since your stuff can be shared with other players i actually think there wont be cheats >_>
NEVER argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with exprience

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2007, 04:05:40 pm »

Actually since your stuff can be shared with other players i actually think there wont be cheats >_>

Oh, there are ALWAYS cheats. Just because there aren't cheat "codes" doesn't mean that there won't be console commands. >:D

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2007, 06:46:58 pm »
I think you might get very basic choices like in civ4. Tropical, Dry, or temperate. Some other stuff maybe.

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:15 pm »
Dont like it at all.

We did not afterall choose which planet we grew up on.

you get what life deals you and that should hold true to planet choice too.

But of course if you go aqutic then it should force a somewhat planet with water that is the only thing that should be used in selection of planet which the comp does.
Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 07:50:21 pm »
I don't know about those pictures, it kinda does look like how you would choose a neighborhood in The Sims...
but that's just my opinion.

I really hope we can choose a general landscape, though.
I would love to start on a planet where it rains a lot of the time, with lots of lightning and dark clouds...
that'd be awesome.

I don't exactly want to start off on the same relaxing green-terrain planet as everyone else... but I also don't want to be able to start off with the power to modify the planet either... that should be earned.  ;D

Offline Dekadin

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2007, 10:03:45 pm »
Hmmm... If it were up to me, you'd have some basic sliders or archetypes to choose from, but you wouldn't be able to control every detail. That way, if I want to make some kind of swamp creature, I don't end up on a desert planet with almost no water. On the other end of the spectrum, designing every aspect of your planet wouldn't be much fun either. It'd take away the fun of exploring your planet as your creature, and make it less gratifying when you finally earn the terraforming tools later in the game.

What the developers actually did, I have no idea.

As for the whole interactions between different galaxies discussion, I think it's likely that your different game files will take place in different galaxies. Either that, or it'll be like the sims, where changes in one file don't affect the others.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:40 pm »
I would think the creature you make in someway affects the planet if you live on and changes to the planet are dynamic to choices with you do living in the water increases the amount of water  Living in the forest means a more forest based world as time and evolutions go by. Instead of you creature adapting to the envrionment the environment adapts to you.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 10:34:09 pm »
I would think the creature you make in someway affects the planet if you live on and changes to the planet are dynamic to choices with you do living in the water increases the amount of water  Living in the forest means a more forest based world as time and evolutions go by. Instead of you creature adapting to the envrionment the environment adapts to you.

..... I really hope they don't do that.
Planets don't adapt to the things living on them. They must all adapt to their planet.
I know it's just a game, but changing that would go against the basis of evolution.