Author Topic: Looks possible that you choose your starting planet  (Read 19942 times)

Offline WhiteWolf7

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
Re: Looks possible that you choose your starting planet
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 12:36:25 am »
The new editor looks awesome!!

Agreed though i think your in the wrong topic :D
NEVER argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with exprience

Offline Stern23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 12:45:25 am »
Heh, yeah. I agree, but that was awfully random, Hydro :P
Please comment and rate my creatures here-

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Stern23

I'll return the favor.

The Int'al'ra -

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5563.0

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 01:13:17 am »
Methinks Hydro needs some sleep!  (like myself...Damn mid-terms)

Actually, in the SXSW vid (don't remember which one) Will goes over several planets at the Galaxy screen, and when a planet is highlighted and enlarged, several other things come up that look like indicators of how far one is in the game (could be wrong, and NOBODY jump to conclusions!  I am very tired right now, so I might be mistaken).  So, your thoughts might be true about planet selection WhiteWolf7
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 03:04:15 am »
I wonder if you'll get to build your own planet, like building your own house before you move your species in.

Offline WhiteWolf7

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 03:10:31 am »
I wonder if you'll get to build your own planet, like building your own house before you move your species in.

That would be cool but i doubt it because that wouldent make sense to give you the terraforming tools then take them away. UNLESS You get to pick diffrent choices and let the computer generate it. Like how much vegetation/land/water athomphere type size of planet and amount of types of terran etc
NEVER argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with exprience

Offline Syao

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 03:15:44 am »
Choosing the home planet will be nice,but I think that site just saying it and not knowing.
My guess is that the game generates your home planet when you finish the molecular phase and starting the creature,but that's just a guess.

Offline WhiteWolf7

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 03:16:52 am »
Choosing the home planet will be nice,but I think that site just saying it and not knowing.
My guess is that the game generates your home planet when you finish the molecular phase and starting the creature,but that's just a guess.

We don't even know if the molecular stage exists.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 04:04:22 am »
Spore's main screen—select a planet to get started.
This appears to the side and is a label proved by the writer of the article.  Past experience has taught us that reviewers who get to play with the editors are idiots that can not be trusted.

I concur.

Offline Syao

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 04:49:08 am »

We don't even know if the molecular stage exists.
I meant the tidepool phase

Offline DarkDragon

• Double Dragon Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2007, 05:05:29 am »
Spore's main screen—select a planet to get started.
This appears to the side and is a label proved by the writer of the article.  Past experience has taught us that reviewers who get to play with the editors are idiots that can not be trusted.

I concur.

So if Hydro were to review the editor back from E3 he would go from cool guy to idiot? :o
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2007, 12:00:54 pm »
Actually, in the SXSW vid (don't remember which one) Will goes over several planets at the Galaxy screen, and when a planet is highlighted and enlarged, several other things come up that look like indicators of how far one is in the game (could be wrong, and NOBODY jump to conclusions!  I am very tired right now, so I might be mistaken).  So, your thoughts might be true about planet selection WhiteWolf7

Actually I was thinking the same thing  ;)

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »
I definitely think that there will be a form of selection for your starting planet, but It will most likely be something simple like choosing the general layout of continents and the climate.

Yes, I saw that too, but I'm pretty sure that was for the sole purpose of the demo so that he could get to each phase easily. But hey, who knows, maybe it will end up as an indicator.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:29:41 pm by Tark »

Offline Markonite2

• Mystery House Madman
  • Got Souls?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2007, 01:57:48 pm »
I think it will be like the civ games where you just pick the period and the precipitation and erosion and all. Probably sliders and real time changes to a spinning 3d planet. I'm just speculating but i agree with what other people said earlier. I think that the galaxy is a menu for choosing which planet to start out on and then the little squares with pics in them show your progress like save game files. The only problem is this would allow you to see roughly all of the planets in the game way before the space stage. I'd rather this kind of knowledge occur later into the game.
'Streets of Spore': where you drive around in a low-poly world doing missions that don't relate to the game whatsoever...

The sig is like a fig. But really, who will triumph?
The almighty Ham, or the magical Spam, which lives in a can. - Anthony Reubon

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 02:42:42 pm »
Actually, the galaxy is probably just a background because it looks cooler than green. And the planets on them are probably just placed symmetrically, so like we see that one planet in the middle-ish, if another one was added it would probably move to the right or left and the new world goes next to it.

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 02:48:41 pm »
The only problem is this would allow you to see roughly all of the planets in the game way before the space stage. I'd rather this kind of knowledge occur later into the game.

I don't think so. They'll probably give you some basic choices as to your planet, maybe giving you access to the flora editor. Most likely, the options will limit you to some basic planets, leaving the exciting ones to the space stage. But I'm just speculating.

Anyone else notice how easily we take one tiny tidbit of information and suck it dry of all its worth?