Author Topic: The Urshans  (Read 81941 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: New Creature - The Urshans
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2007, 12:35:21 am »
These are great Biocat. You sure you don't want to do some creature for Sagan 4?

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2007, 05:59:18 am »
My god! (I don't own one, just a way of speech!)

You're style is terrific! Perhaps new Urshan pictures?

Thanks, I really should :), and I even have some ideas. Just want to finish all the creatures of Niho first. Coming next, the Sailors.

These are great Biocat. You sure you don't want to do some creature for Sagan 4?

How can I say no to Hydro :)? Might take me a while though but eventually I would make a creature or two for Sagan as fan creatures. Though I tend to get confused how the lineage in Sagan works. Do you have an updated table or tree of all the creatures so I would know from what creature I am evolving and from what creature it evolved?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2007, 04:40:26 pm »
My god! (I don't own one, just a way of speech!)

You're style is terrific! Perhaps new Urshan pictures?

Thanks, I really should :), and I even have some ideas. Just want to finish all the creatures of Niho first. Coming next, the Sailors.

How can I say no to Hydro :)? Might take me a while though but eventually I would make a creature or two for Sagan as fan creatures. Though I tend to get confused how the lineage in Sagan works. Do you have an updated table or tree of all the creatures so I would know from what creature I am evolving and from what creature it evolved?

Its updated for beginning of week 7.

Sagan 4 - Cladogram
http://www.sporewiki.com/images/7/7e/Sagan_cladogram.jpg

Also on wiki they have "extant" or "extinct" to show if it is still alive or not. As well as hyperlinks to their ancestors if you are confused the linage.

Sagan 4 - Main Page
http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Sagan_4

I will try to update the cladogram soon since it is missing gen 41 - 44.

Hydro ~

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2007, 10:03:45 am »
New update on the creatures of Niho, this time:

The Sailors:

The Flying Sailor:
This creature unlike its ancestor has a skeleton, and can breathe straight from the air. It usually lives in groups of about 10 members. It has a huge gland in its body that is filled with helium and helps it float while it moves around across the water by using its sails. It can either drain or release helium making it sink or float (it rarely choose to sink). When in danger from below it sucks a lot of helium inside and flaps with its sails and hovers for a few minutes until the danger is over. It is an herbivore and mostly feeds on seaweeds and photosynthetic microorganisms. It also has an anus and breathes from its breathing hatches under its mouth. Its smaller ancestor can be found in Urshan houses as harmless pets living in aquariums.

Floating:

Diving:

Swollen:
This Sailor is a much later Sailor that and the ancestor of the Jetters. Instead of the big Helium bags in its body it has two helium sacks in its cheeks (under them are the breathing hatches). Most of the time like its ancestor it floats around with its head out and eats tiny Sailors or other creatures. When it sees a possible prey (usually a small Jetter) it releases all gas from its sacks and dives in. This creature is truly an irregular in the Sailors family.

Coming Up Next: Stuffed and Advanced Plants, The Jetters.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:22:38 am by BioCat »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2007, 10:55:46 am »
Very cool and original.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2007, 11:15:24 am »
cyyyyyuuuuuwwwt! especially the one under water!  :D
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2007, 03:47:42 pm »
Thanks.

cyyyyyuuuuuwwwt! especially the one under water!  :D

Yeah :), at first they were supposed to be the Urshans' favorite pets but I decided to save this position for more advanced creatures.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2007, 11:34:59 am »
Another Update, this on Urshan culture (don’t worry I will soon return to the creatures of Niho).

Ceremonial Markings:
This ancient tradition started in the continent of Sorer by the western Urshans about 1000BE, perhaps even before. It was fully adapted and became successful in the continent of Western Sian. This tradition began in a religious ceremony done by the Balance Shamans but soon also the rulers and tribe leaders started using it. In about 200AE when the empire ruled many of the western parts of Sian eastern nobles also used the markings. The first emperor to adapt them was Totowa Chano the Spiritual and since then they are used in any important ceremonies or events, mainly by the emperor and his advisors.

(Sorry for the quality, did a few mistakes. Would be changed soon hopefully)

There are many different kinds of markings, about 250. Because one can mix them and wear more than one there are hundred of thousands of options. Here are the five main markings:

Two red stripes: Formal yet joyful. This marking was mainly used in meetings with other nations (and races in the future). It symbolizes the will of the Urshan Empire to provide happiness to its citizen’s followers and friends. The red color was originally produced mostly from animal blood.

Brown Circle: Sorrow and lost. This marking is the only marking that is also used by the commons after an Urshan close to you dies or any other sad thing happiness to you. Emperors usually wear this marking in very extreme political
cases or after losing a relative. The color was originally created from a mix of mud dust and resin.

Two dark red dots and a red line: Justice or war. This marking is mainly used before or during war or justice making. It is said to be one of the newest signs and rumors say it was invented around 650AE when the empire fought the new empire. It was also produces from animal blood.

Blue Triangle: Spiritual, time of preying and meditating. Was developed by Rise priests and is usually wore by the noble when he or she takes a few days off to meditate. The sign represents the growing of minds as you get higher. Was and still is produced from Puka worms’ blood.

Dark Green stripe on the eye: Joyful and carefree. Not much to say about this one, mainly used without any special reason. Was originally produces from plants.

Black Lines under the eyes: Sexual, beautiful. Much like our early makeup this markings are used by either male or female in order to show attraction both sexual and mental. Was originally produces from metal dusts.

Coming Up Next: You already know :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 10:43:05 am by BioCat »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 23, 2007, 11:37:15 am »
Very, very cool. Reminds of an Auyuelcliad thing I need to do.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Rhodix

• Elevator Action Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 23, 2007, 11:52:07 am »
Very nice.  :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 23, 2007, 11:54:10 am »
lovely
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 23, 2007, 11:55:37 am »
Very well done :)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 23, 2007, 12:01:04 pm »
Thank you everybody :). I can't seem to fix those little discolorations. Will try to do it later.

I had many more of those but I thought it would be too long. Perhaps later I will add more.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 26, 2007, 02:06:16 pm »
RP News: The sentence of Kowa is over (hidden from the public to avoid rebellions). Kowa is found guilty. Also president of the Thoons Jago admitted his crime and is found guilty.

Because we are under war they will both be put to death in 24Nihon hours. Jago with lethal injection as the Thoon law requires and Kowa slain by the emperor himself as the Urshan law requires.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 26, 2007, 02:07:46 pm »
Is it possible for the Alliance to snatch him away with their Spec-Op spies?