Author Topic: The Urshans  (Read 81942 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature - The Urshans
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2006, 11:02:37 am »
War against the Urshans means war against the grand union.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2006, 11:08:18 am »
War against the Urshans means war against the grand union.
And your destruction.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2006, 08:31:03 am »
New Urshan update.

I wanted to keep making Urshan buildings and wonders but the Urshans are now under three different wars so I thought this is a good time to update their warfare abilities.

So a battle update for the Urshans:

First I will start by necroing some Urshan technology. The ones of you that know the Urshans know they are experts of three different fields: Philosophy, Agriculture and Robotics. So this is the Urshan war bot, a common replacement for foot troopers.

I add a painted version of an older picture, and I will add the text I wrote back than:

Full Name: the Imperial battle automated machine, or the IBAM 47.
Nickname: JusticeBringer.
Invented in: Original vesrion - Halcyon age.
Height: 3.5 meters
Energy Source: Anti-matter, Fusion.
General Structure: 4 Spider-Like legs, enable it to climb on walls, dodge and run in 60 Km per hour. One big Torso piece and a large head like piece, build in the general form of most aliens in order to move more easily in civilized areas. Made of strong but light metals. Weaponry and Features: Two small Fusion cannons for long range. Two huge Metal blades for Melee battles and climbing. Spiked legs. Powerful Sensors.
Addable piece: Two big Freezing canons of nitrogen on its shoulders for none deadly combat. Most important the known Urshan Clocking device is attached to it enabling it to disappear both from "biological eyes" and sensors.
More information: The Justice Bringer might not be the most powerful robot out there nor the fastest but it is sure fast, deadly and more than all: Has the best AI abilities due to the Urshans great experience. A true wonder of Urshan engineering.

The Urshan Dreadnought:

Primary Weaponry: 8 Small fusion cannons, 2 great fusion cannons. Two more huge and deadly fusion tubes, created with the super advanced Thoon technology, masters of physics.

Crew: 300

Secondary Weapons: 4 Antimatter torpedoes, point defense laser cannons, antimatter bombs, radiation booster.

Defensive Loadout: Nano shields, Ablative Armor, Structural Integrity Field, Extensive Jamming and ECM systems, Areal Urshan Clocking Device, Advanced Shield Capacitators, SmartMetal.

Power Systems: Huge Qaudo-based Fusion Reactor, Wexxian Zero Tech.

Engines: Plasma Impulse Sublight Engines, Hypderdrive, dimensional generators (very unstable)

Information: This massive modern space ship is the dread of space. Forged with the united technology of many races and the Urshans’ battle spirit.

Urshan Comet:

Primary Weaponry: 4 Small fusion cannons, created with the super advanced Thoon technology, masters of physics. Electrons inriched cloud, can melt metals and Jam spaceships, quite powerful but costs a lot of energy.

Crew: 15~

Secondary Weapons: point defense laser cannons, antimatter bombs.

Defensive Loadout: Nano shields, Ablative Armor, Structural Integrity Field, Extensive Jamming and ECM systems, Urshan Clocking Device, Advanced Shield Capscitators.

Power Systems: Central Fusion Reactor, Wexxian Zero Tech.

Engines: Plasma Impulse Sublight Engines, Hypderdrive,.

Information: A tiny space vessel that is released in great masses. They are perfect for commando missions, and against very large space ships.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2006, 08:32:56 am »
I really like thesem paticularaly the Dreadnought.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2006, 11:28:46 am »
I like the Urshan Comet :D They look so cute piloting it :D

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2006, 11:41:13 am »
Hehe, I guess you are right. I knew I shouldn’t have made them look so much like care bears :).

By the way all those cables and strings in the background are actually coming out of their helmets. They navigate the space ship mainly by using their Kia through those helmets allowing them to focus the Sharo on more important things like coordinates, and tactical decisions.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2006, 12:17:10 pm »
awesome!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2006, 12:23:40 pm »
nice, can't wait to see space combat.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2006, 11:15:52 am »
Biology and Evolution in Niho.

One can’t talk about a sentient creature and its culture and way of life without telling from whom this creature evolved, and about the surrounding world of this creature. So I bring you back in a journey through the history of life in Niho, and also giving you a little background on biology in Niho for later when I will post some Niho wildlife.

Lets begin:

All life in Niho is divided into 11 main families. The Microorganisms, The Mushrylians, the Stuffed Plants, the Advanced Plants, the Wormlings, the Rigid Aquatic, the Sailors, the Jetters, the Spiked, the Twistlings and the Furry. The Urshan race is part of the Furry family. This chart shows the evolution of all those different families. The thicker the line is the more members of the family are ruling the planet. The chart shows the evolution from the beginning of life in Niho up to the days when the Urshans gained sentience:

Now for a little information about every family:

Microorganisms:
Like here on earth, life in Niho started from simple single cells. Those cells evolved into all the variety of life in Niho. The members of this family can be quite different and contain: germs, photosynthetic creatures, protista, and all other microscopic beings in Niho. No planet can survive without those creatures at the bottom of its food chain.

The Mushrylians:
Similar to the earth mushrooms most of the members of this family are not photosynthetic. They usually feed on rotting meat and microorganisms. It seems that all along the evolution in Niho these creature were dominant. They usually have either a crystal like appearance or other polygenic forms. They have limited motion though a small group of them can move in the water.

The Stuffed Plants:
The early big photosynthetic creatures that once ruled Niho and were the basic food of all herbivores. Like the regular plants they use light to gain energy and are motionless. They got their name because they are usually spongy and look from the inside like they are stuffed. They have a round shape and few or no leaves. Later they were pushed to the corners by the advanced plants and in the modern days they were only common in problematic areas like deserts or mountains.

The Advanced Plants:
For most of the time the Stuffed plants ruled Niho. It seems there was no need for new plants to rule the world as the stuffed plants did it so good for so long. And then as it always happens in evolution the new kid arrived. A serious of mutations over millions of years created longer plants, with hard barks and lots of leaves. These plants came in various shapes, from trees to weeds. Since then the stuffed plants never recovered.

The Wormlings:
This family is the ancestors of all the “animalia” in Niho. Though they are most common in the seas they can also be found in the future on land. These worm like creatures have a single feeding output and breathing hole and reproduce asexually. They have a soft skin and very primitive internal organs without any spine or skeleton.

The Rigid Aquatic:
These ancient creatures could only be found in the depth of the oceans. They have a powerful exoskeleton that allows them to survive the pressures of the deeps. They are not great swimmers and usually feed on microorganisms and their powerful armor can protect them from hungry Jetters.

The Sailors:
This family of creatures contains the first creatures that ever breathe from above the water. They usually have bladders or fat that helps them float and can only dive for very short periods of time and only when necessary. Most of the time they are just floating around eating things from the top of the sea. Some of them move using the winds and therefore they are named Sailors. They were very damaged when the Jetters appeared and start feeding on them but the future generation developed various tricks to stay alive. They have evolved a spine and a very primitive skeleton. They breathe through the breathing hatches.

The Jetters:
A very successful family of creatures that still rules the oceans. These creatures have a full skeleton and spine and are quite advanced. Like the Sailors they are named after their locomotion system. They use jets of water they swallow and release to move quite fast when needed. The Jetters come in all sizes and shapes. From creatures the size of a needle to colossal sea monsters. The Jetter converted the breathing hatches back to breathing gills.

The Spiked:
These creatures evolved from the Rigid Aquatics not the Sailors or the Jetters and therefore are quite different. They were the first to colonize the land and have breathing holes instead of breathing hatches. They have a spine as well as an exoskeleton. They got their name because their exoskeleton is usually very spiky. They lay eggs and are much more intelligent than any creature that walked before them.

The Twistlings:
The Twistlings are a true story of successes and if the Furry wouldn’t be so successful they would probably rule Niho. The Twisltings evolved the breathing hatches again and have a very flexible and powerful skeleton. They come in very bizarre shapes and usually have very long and thin bodies and limbs. They are very intelligent and live in packs. They have many scales and they give birth to larvae.

The Furry:
The most successful creature family on Niho and the family the Urshans belong to. These creatures are very intelligent, have powerful skeletons and are the true rulers of the land though some of them also colonize the waters and the skies. They family got the name because 85% of its members have fur but 15% don’t even have hair or anything related. Most of the family members have 4 limbs but not all of them.

Coming Next: Creatures of Niho and Wonders of the World.

Comments would be more than welcomed. Especially advises or criticism.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2006, 08:25:36 pm »
Whenever I see, hear, or think of Urshans I always think of the Redwall novels. They're my favorite series. Partially becuase badgers brutally mame small furry animals, but overall they are really good.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2006, 02:11:20 am »
Man when I was a little younger I really loved those books. I don't see a lot of conection to the Urshans but sure :P.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2006, 03:30:25 pm »
Those are all I read. Ever. Becasue of all the badger violence. But I connect them to the Urshans becasue of their appearance. They are mammals, they are unatural (that is, don't truly occur, as far as we know), and they both have sapience. And, I always pictured the Gousim Shrews like an Urshan, but bipedal.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2006, 09:23:05 am »
Poka Worm:

Though most wormlings are tiny aquatic creatures the Poka Worm is a real irregular. This worm is about 6 cm long. Like all members of its family it has a single hole that it breathes eats and releases feces from, under its tentacles. It reproduces asexually by releasing its small ball like tail. This tail grows into a new Poka worm after a few days. It has a huge fake eye on its forehead in order to scare predators. It feeds on microorganisms on the ground, certain Mushrylians and a few plants, especially stuffed plants. It has an extremely primitive neural system and no brain or neural center but a tiny one that gathers the information from its facial senses like sight and smell. It sees from the two tiny eyes on its head and smells and tastes by using its tentacles that surround its mouth. It can be found all around Niho except on Pretak. It is commonly used in the traditional eastern Urshan kitchen.

Common Aqua Wormling:

(New painting technique, a bit more complicated but I just wanted to try something new)

This is the most common wormling in Niho and the most typical one. It can get from 2mm-3cm in length. It has a transparent skin and one can easily see it’s inside long organs. It has four tiny photoreceptors and an extremely primitive neural system that doesn’t even spread on all of its body. It feeds on microorganisms and photosynthetic colonies of organisms that grow on the reefs. It moves by twirling around and don’t have a lot of control about it. It can be found in the deep seas and oceans around the globe. They are one of the Jetters’ favorite snacks although they are not very nutrient full, just mainly because they are common and breed all the time. The breeding is done asexually and occurs when the wormling gets too long. Then, it splits into two equal creatures. Urshan bio-engineers succeeded in neutralizing this mechanism and a single wormling got to the length of 12 meters on laboratory conditions!

Coming soon: More creatures! Any questions suggestions or comments are welcomed.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2006, 09:37:08 am »
Nice creatures. Like the alot!

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2006, 09:38:03 am »
 :-* 0.o Oooooh, pretty... It looks like a tranlucecnt snake.
I say NO! to all limits.