Author Topic: The Urshans  (Read 83526 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature - The Urshans
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2006, 05:51:04 am »
Thanks, I am happy to see you are intersted  :)

Before I will continue with the tale of the Thoon's galactic meeting I must first tell you about the Thoons themselves so you will know their point of view:

The Thoons:

Home Planet: Cashood.

Physical:
The Thoons are small people, just about 1.5 meters standing. They developed from an omnivore tree-climbing creature. Their feeding organ is a long powerful beak that splits into three parts. Inside they have two tongues and acidic spittle. They have three long tails that are used for reproduction decoration and to balance their bodies. They have two pairs of identical hands with three fingers, each slightly bigger than the one before it. Their feet have two claw like fingers that can grasp branches quite effectively. They have dog like ears and a single huge eye. Their internal organs are lower then ours, their brain is at the back of their skulls and they reproduce using their tails.

History:
In the beginning of their history the Thoons were nomadic people. Later they formed tribes and started gathering into small groups. Originally the Thoons were very pacifistic and wars were rare. Quite soon in their history a great nation called “Thooka” or in English “Terra’s Servant” rose. This nation gave equal rights to of all its citizens. The ruler of that nation was elected and generally their form of government with very democratic. Since their ancient days the Thoons were fascinated in physiques and astronomy and very soon they learned many ways to store gain and use energy. The science of physiques was sacred to them as they always desired and believed that they will find the ultimate truth by discovering more in this subject. But this positive situation was about to change. In their modern age the Thoons moved into a capitalistic form of economy. This decision almost led to their downfall as many corporations were founded. Soon those corporations took control over all fields of life and started competing with each other until the final destruction. When the Urshan met the Thoons three of the main corporations were in the middle of their third world war. Nukes were used quite commonly and the Thoon race started crumbling.

Culture:
The Thoons are peaceful people who admire science and nature. They are quite xeno-phobic to all races but the Urshans who saved them. They have no religion but art and especially music has a great role in their lives. They invented a few of the most unique instruments in the galaxy that are based on very advanced physiques. They despise time travel and are hunting every organization that tries to gain this technology after they had a horrible accident in their early modern ages. A foolish but brave scientist built a time portal and successfully launched items into the Thoon’s past and future. This action almost destroyed half of their population when he finally launched himself into the past and tried to command an army and take control over the entire race (although this action damaged their culture, it gave the Thoons a serious scientific boost). After that all time machines were destroyed.   

Coming soon: The Meeting of the races, the story of the reporter and the xeno-biologist.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2006, 04:44:47 pm »
Update!:
I suggest reading what I wrote about the Thoons and the first part of the story on page 7 before reading this.

The Meeting of the Races:

Liana Janlo entered the cell of the young Thoon. A few robotic guards and a recording robot accompanied her. She was well prepared for this meeting although the officials didn’t support it. She spent the last few days reading the language investigator's report and studiing the Thoon's language quite well. She was fascinated about their unique way of speech and literature.

When the cell door opened the young Thoon who didn’t see any living creature for a few months felt both joy and suspicion. His instincts told him to try and seek a way out but his journalistic senses didn’t allow him to do so. He looked at the bizarre being that entered his cell, what is it thinking? Does it have feelings? What does it know about me? Gadiro was very confused.

“Greetings finding 23BD aka Gadiro the Thoon”. The Thoon was surprised the Urshan could speak his language; he immediately shared great respect for her. “I am here to investigate more about your ways of thinking, culture, and mental abilities before we shall send you to the operating room”. Gadiro knew he had nothing to lose at that point, he would probably never report this story to anyone. “Greetings Urshan, I will tell you everything you need to know. But first, I know nothing about you”. “Well, we are a sapience race of furry mammalian beings with a double neural centers and an advanced culture. We are known around the universe for our farming abilities, robotic skills, and unique philosophical \ theological approach. The Thoon was quite shocked, “around the universe? So there are indeed many other life forms out there? We have been searching for such for ages!”. Liana smiled, an expression unfamiliar to the unique mouthed Thoons. She loved his passion for knowledge, something rare in those dark ages of cold war. “But you didn’t answer my question, I asked about you not your race” said Gadiro. Liana was embarrassed, “I am a the head of the xeno-biology department in the Urshan capitol of Niho and a known scientist. I was appointed to the role of investigating the material brought by the criminal captain Shan Gua”. “I wonder, are all members of your race so official?” said the rude Thoon. “In fact we are, we all have our roles in life and do it the best we can for the empire. But enough about us Thoon, tell me about you race”. Gadiro was filled with sweet and sour memories, “Ah Cashood, I wish I could have told you it was a beautiful planet, but no more”. “It is advanced no doubt, many great buildings, and war machines…”. Liana noticed his expression of sorrow, “I see, we Urshans united under the Empire quite early in our history, we never had your problems. Though the current events of the Labor…”. What was she doing? She thought to herself, why did she have to tell him all that? She must be losing her mind. Silence, both of them felt a common bond, their hatred to war.

After a long investigation Liana left the room followed by her robots. The biologists waited in the operation room for word from their leader. Liana entered the room and locked the door behind her. “Fellow scientists, the Thoons are our friends, they shall be our savers. We must act at once, I always trusted the empire but in order to save it we have to do what’s needed”. Liana picked up an operation laser and steamed the small recording robot. "Justice must be done, we must speak to the superiors at once!"

To be continued: The third part: The story of Liana and Gadiro, The meeting of the nations, the rescue of the Thoons. Including pictures  :).

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2006, 12:21:21 pm »
This is part 3 of the story, I recommend reading about the Thoons the modern Urshans and the two parts before reading this.

The Meeting of the Empires:

(Gadiro and Liana)

After she spoke with Gadiro Liana signed all the official documents needed and convinced her superiors to let her gain control over his resident and take him as her “special project”. Gadiro who was curious read every data he could find about the Urshans, their way of government, history and so on while Liana used her connection to and establish another expedition to Cashood. During their work they became very good friends, with shared goals and ideas. No body knows if this is true but some future historians claimed they even became romantically attached. Finally after about a year and a half of many political battles Liana got an appointment with the emperor himself. She gathered all the scientists statesman and advisors who were for this project she could find, and went to see the emperor. The emperor at the time was Kamu Nihon the Struggler, a weak emperor that failed to save the empire from a lot of inner struggles. She even brought Gadiro, after she taught him the Urshan’s language to go and persuade the emperor himself. They explained all about the knowledge the empire would get, the allies it so desperately needs against the labor, the cultural and biological boost and the emotional humane side but for no use. The emperor was far too worried about creating a larger fleet in case the war would get warmer and thought this was a waste of time. All was about to get doomed but the voice of one man saved the mission, Chen Nihon the son of the emperor at that time and the greatest empire this era has ever seen in the future. He persuaded his father to go along with the mission and even to add more military forces and resources. Finally 4 years after Gadiro met Liana the mission began. A huge fleet containing Urshan explanation books, Computers, resources, armed forces if needed, Urshan cultural samples and many others was sent to Cashood leaded by Professor Liana Janlo and Professor of honor Gadiro the Thoon. The Thoons were amazed when the huge fleet of aliens landed in the middle of their planet seeking to speak to their leader. Of course the Thoons at that time were in a middle of a corporations war and weren’t leaded at all. The Urshans gathered 150 of the greatest Thoon minds and influential Thoons and ranked them as the Council of the Thoons. Of course Gadiro was given a place in that council. Then they stopped all the wars and returned order to the planet after killing all the corporations’ leaders and any rebels. 20 years later the planet was finally in peace, after it was restored ecologically and all Thoons became citizens of the Urshan Empire. Only a small group of Thoons called “The Movement for Thoon Power” has escaped and is currently living in the dieing labor nation. Later the Thoons helped the Urshan Empire by contributing a lot of knowledge in physiques and helping them research many new technologies as well. This boost was one of the main factors that helped the Empire rise again and become the main and dominant ruling body for the Urshans (unlike the Labor that has lost most of its power and now is a secondary much weaker nation). After a known meeting between the council and the emperor the Thoons informed the Urshans they would like to be equal citizens in their empire and to live under the Urshan flag. The emperor (At that time, Chen Nihon the Resurrector) agreed and until this day the Thoons live in small communities all around the empire, helping the Urshan Empire in all fields and being equal to the Urshan citizens. The council moved to a huge building built especially for them in Cashood where they discuss the needs of the Thoon citizens and share their conclusions with the empire. After Gadiro and Liana died two huge statues of them were built both in Cashood and Niho.

More to come: Not sure yet, open to ideas.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2006, 12:46:05 pm »
That whole story was great although i don't understand how so many years passed from the time of the Halycon War to the present.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2006, 12:50:56 pm »
Thanks, well I was sure this was the time that passed until all the current events. Maybe I was a little off. The Necro era and all this probably took a long time. Maybe the total of about 900 years was slightly too much :)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2006, 01:04:49 pm »
Thanks, well I was sure this was the time that passed until all the current events. Maybe I was a little off. The Necro era and all this probably took a long time. Maybe the total of about 900 years was slightly too much :)

Maybe, but it still makes for a great story.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2006, 01:46:43 am »
Cool, as always.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2006, 06:30:08 am »
Thanks, as I said I am open for new ideas of what I should add. Maybe I should check that list Hydro and Hug made a long time ago about common things their races have.

Still I am open to suggestions.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2006, 02:02:12 pm »
call this a bump or whatever, i call it random fan pic day.

enjoy!
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2006, 03:07:24 pm »
Wow, brilliant. Though it isn't exactly how an Urshan looks like I feel you really got the Urshan's spirit in here :).

I also like it's feral appearance, looks a like a savage Urshan. And nice job and not doing a nose, its harder then one might think :P,

good job!

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2006, 03:12:27 pm »
i didn't notice i didn't draw a nose, it was an accedent..but it works.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2006, 12:19:48 pm »
Just to let you fellows know, I updated the Sporewiki page. So now you can learn all about the Urshans from a single page if you wish.

http://www.sporewiki.com/Urshan_%28Concept%29

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2006, 09:45:06 am »
Coming soon (about an hour), Urshan buildings. I am currently coloring my drawings so I hope it turns out good :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 09:59:05 am by BioCat »

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2006, 10:49:00 am »
Great, now I feel stupid for triple posting. Well never mind that.
I was thinking recently on which of the things I made could be seen in spore, and then I remembered, I didn’t even show how the Urshan buildings looks like. So here they are, the imperial building history:

Eastern Urshan Buildings:

Ancient Mother Huts (Takas):
These old buildings hosted about 25 Urshans. Usually the tribal leader or the shaman had a single Taka for themselves and their families. They were lifted from the ground for protection from floods. They were mainly made from soft trees, hey and branches. The main disadvantage is the fact they were highly flammable and small fires could burn down whole villages.

These buildings were mainly common in areas near rivers or sea and sometimes they were even built just near a river or on the shore. The windows on the roof are used to let smoke out when cooking.  Very few original ancient Takas were left because most of them were either burned or rot down.

20,000 BE – 1 AE

High Class Pagodas (Kotians)
While in the middle ages most of the buildings were made of stone and had simple hey roofs the nobles and empire officials usually lived and worked in these unique pagoda like buildings. The unique roof shape is of course useful against rain and also shows the sign or power. In the top of every one of those buildings there was a tiny sphere that represented the highest mind, the hypothetical Una.

The legend says a mad architect built the first Kotian. In his old age after helping the empire he decide to build his own tower of solitude. He decided to design it as a spiky Mushroom with spears coming out from the all the edges of the roof. He died before finishing it and his apprentice was sure the spikes were only meant for the corners. When he realized he was wrong it was too late. 

They were usaully colored in extremly powerful colors so they could be seen from a far.

1 AE – 2100 AE

Modern Building (Modern Kotians)

These modern skyscrapers can be found all around Niho and any other Urshan colony. Their design is based on the ancient Kotians and like them the Una sphere can always be found. In some cities the buildings are connected with tiny bridges or vertical elevators. Their unique structure makes them grounded and they can stand hard earth-quakes.

2100 AE +

Coming soon: Buildings of the Northern Urshans, Wonders of the world. If you have any requests or suggestions please post them here :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:04:46 pm by BioCat »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2006, 12:04:58 pm »
Very cool buildings, I like the story behind the Pagodas ;).
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.