Author Topic: Kawona/Kawenu - My new creature(s)  (Read 34209 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Kawona/Kawenu - My new creature(s)
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2006, 08:50:34 am »
Wow, that is a great animation  :o very cool.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2006, 11:44:14 am »
Now that is cool! If you continue this way we might even see some textured goodyness in the future, no?

That is unfortunately probably a no.
I do not have anything other than MSPaint to do textures in, and that just won't cut it.
My Photoshop trial ran out a long time ago.
The only other option is GIMP and I absolutely can't stand that program.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2006, 02:44:36 pm »
Uh oh, double post!
Oh well.

After nearly one hundred years of rule The Federation had a second civil war which eventually caused its complete collapse.  This war was by far the bloodiest war the Kawenu had ever fought.  The cause of the war was The Federation once again trying to force it's beliefs on everyone else, this time it just happened to be religion.  Obviously this did not go over well with everyone, and fighting broke out, as it often does with Kawenu.  Once it ended the Kawenu species was all but extinct.

The war greatly changed the Kawenu.  After seeing so much violence they no longer angered so easily or fought over things that did not actually matter.   While they still enjoyed the thrill of the fight they found much better ways to do it.  The few remaining Kawenu live in small outposts around the galaxy working mostly as mercenaries and bounty hunters. 

The one main difference in Kawenu law is that all of their laws only apply to other Kawenu or their friends/allies/travelling companions.  If a Kawenu steals from another Kawenu, he is sent to jail.  If that Kawenu instead steals from another species, no Kawenu court will punish him.  The only law Kawenu hold true for all races is pointless murder.  The only time killing is allowed is if it is for a bounty, a contract, or self defense. 

The main Kawenu city, Danuwa, is the only Kawenu settlement marked on Official Galactic Maps.  From afar, the city looks just like any Kawenu city before the war.  Upon entering the city however you would notice a vast difference.  The city is much cleaner and orderly than Kawenu cities were previously.  Many buildings have signs clearly marking where to go to get bounties, smuggling shipments, and other usually illegal things.

There are all sorts of training academies spred through-out the city for any kind of skill you can imagine, from fighting styles and weapon use to farming and tailoring.  These academies are where Kawenu go to learn their professions.  Each academy will teach the students about one specific profession and all they need to know to do the job.  There are no government run schools so all Kawenu are very specialized by the academies.  Because of the specialization that comes from the academies the elderly are very respected as they have had much longer to learn many different things.  Knowledge is the most important factor in Kawenu society and social status.

Arenas are built all around the city, each one with different rules and prizes.  Uwehnai Arena is at the exact center of Danuwa and can be seen towering above the other buildings from most places in the city.  Only the toughest competitors are allowed to fight at Uwehnai Arena.  Some of the richest Kawenu in the galaxy are the top ranking arena fighters.  No arena fights are ever to the death.  If an accidental death does occur, and it is proven in court to be accidental, the winner is suspended from fighting for 6 months.  Deliberate killings in the arena are punishable by a life sentence in prison or death.

Kawenu are very proud of their race.  Since there are so few of them left they no longer have any wars, or accept contracts from anyone who wants them to fight in a war.  Since the Kawona left the known universe the Kawenu have seen it as their duty to keep their species alive and prosperous in the galaxy so that they are not forgotten.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2006, 08:33:09 pm »
Hello again everyone.
This is a message to all the artists out there.
I want to re-design the Kawona's physical appearance but seem to be stuck with artists block (you know... writers block.. but for drawing.. or something).
I want the Kawona to be a more unique creature.
I am trying to keep its physical description the same but not have it look so much like a regular old earth-bird.
They can still be bird-like but as they are now theyre just blue birds with extra wings, some arms and a weird tailfin.

For reference:
4 wings
2 arms (3 clawed fingers each)
2 legs (2 clawed toes each)
1 Tail fin
1 Head fin
Flexible beak
Covered light in feather-like scales
Amphibious
Capable of flight and swimming underwater for extended periods of time
Roughly 4 feet tall

These are just general guidelines and can be modified somewhat.

Help me!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 08:43:49 pm by Kyyp »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2006, 08:57:36 pm »
good sir, i accept your challenge!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2006, 09:02:29 pm »
Maybe you could have it where you don't restart but have them in the future genticlly modify themselves to this new form you want.

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2006, 09:05:08 pm »
I should also mention that if a member (or members!) of one of those alliances makes me a picture (or pictures!) the Kawona (or Kawenu) would be far more inclined to join up with them.

And yeah Hydro I was considering it to possibly be just the Kawona that left the galaxy be the ones that look different and leave the Kawenu how they are.
I had also considered bringing a small group of Kawona back into the region of space inhabited by all the other created races.
They would be like peaceful, non-interfering, observers/advice givers.
If they do not change in appearance however, they will stay out in their own Kawona-built galaxy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 09:09:44 pm by Kyyp »

Offline GameManic

• Dragster Diehard
  • I can't let you leave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2006, 09:12:37 pm »
I can't wait to see the new design.  ;D
"Listen, I mean that from my knowledge of the world that I see around me, I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence."
-Richard Feynman

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2006, 11:39:23 am »
Operaghost might you happen to also have that name registered (without the 21) on a forum about the game Skies of Arcadia?

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2006, 11:45:05 am »
Operaghost might you happen to also have that name registered (without the 21) on a forum about the game Skies of Arcadia?

sorry, nope...the 21 goes where i go... :D
but yeah, not me
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2006, 12:12:18 pm »
Yeah I didn't think so but I thought I might as well ask anyway heh.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2006, 04:57:26 pm »
it took me about 5 years finding a crest design i liked, but it's finally done; my version of the kawona, 2.0!

tada!

"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2006, 07:44:57 pm »
That is totally awesome.
It is now officially what Kawona look like.
I will have to use a little imagination to make them look not so evil though heh.

Now to decide how the change works in with their history.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 07:48:34 pm by Kyyp »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2006, 08:26:43 pm »
glad you like it ;D
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Kyyp

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Multipass!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2006, 09:29:41 pm »
Vectorized,

And made into my new Avatar.

Took FOREVER to do that in photoshop so, as you can see, I left off a few details since you wouldn't be able to see them once I shrunk it down to avatar size anyway.

Oh!
And the reason why they ended up like this!

The Kawenu (the Kawona that stayed behind in their original galaxy) spent most of their time trying to become better fighters.
After several hundred years it became common practice to blame the Kawona (the ones who left the galaxy) for everything bad that happened to the Kawenu.
Since the Kawona eventually began to fear for their safety should the Kawenu ever figure out how to find them, they struck a deal.
The Kawona would genetically modify the Kawenu to become much more fit for combat if the Kawenu promised to never come looking for them.
The Kawenu agreed to this deal and thus ended up looking like they do now.

So, just for reference:

Kawona:

Kawenu:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 09:38:12 pm by Kyyp »