Author Topic: My creature the Kolpo's  (Read 10303 times)

Offline luke

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
Re: My creature the Kolpo's
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 03:59:39 am »
thanks ;D ;D every one is so nice on here

Offline kolpo

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2006, 10:19:23 am »
Cute Creatures, what about Omnivores?

The ministry of Omnivore affairs

This ministry is under direct control of the foreign minister. It's goal is to convert omnivores in herbivores by making them vegetarian. This is very important for the Kolpo's so this is an extremely well funded department. It is made up of four departments.

The department of spin

Is housed in the small building with the golden roof. This is the public relation department. They do not only search for arguments to convince the omnivores, but they also try to find catchy marketing slogans to sell vegetarianism to the masses. While their building is the smallest building can their employees easily convince you that they have the biggest building of all. They use spin to strengthen their position and marginalize the non-vegetarians, they character assinate everyone who opposes the vegetarian agenda and they deliberately spread bad rumors and urban legends about meat.

The department of help

Is housed in the big golden tower. This department funds pro-animal groups and parties. Yearly are gigantic amounts of gold send to pro-animal groups and parties. What was yesterday an unknown green party with no seats, could tomorrow be the best funded party of all. Sometimes did they even send so much gold to them, that it caused gold deflation. When funding peacefull groups doesn't work shall this department also fund the more radical groups sometimes do they even fund armed pro-animal revolts.

The department of meat replacements

Is housed in the big building that is made up of five parts. They research vegetarian food that can replace meat. Their goal is to develop meat replacements who are both cheaper and tastier then real made. Those meat replacements have to contain all needed minerals so the omnivores no longer need to eat meat. In the middle of their building do you see a golden sphere with 2 chimney. This is a factory where they experiment with new ways to mass produce meat replacements.

The department of war

Is housed in the wooden building with the battlements on it. Only after all other departments failed does this department come in action. They try to find weaknesses in the omnivores their defenses. They plan invasions, occupations and how they shall set up a pro-animal government in conquered worlds. They also make sure that there war plans shall not harm one single herbivore. If they notice an herbivore in a military installation shall they first evacuate him before they attack. Kolpo's there wars often involve a lot of aircraft because there fly instincts make them very good pilots.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 10:21:06 am by kolpo »

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 11:41:20 am »
I bet it would be grand to fraud the Department of Help out of tons of cash and then use it to send sixteen tons of dead animals to the Department of War's doorstep.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 12:39:57 pm »
I suppose the Ministry of Help has more than gold... IE uraniam, acids, silver, aluminum, crystals, whatever other species need. All those ministries... it's like '1984' for vegetarians!  :o

Offline kolpo

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 07:02:26 am »
I suppose the Ministry of Help has more than gold... IE uraniam, acids, silver, aluminum, crystals, whatever other species need. All those ministries... it's like '1984' for vegetarians! :o

Yes, thought the Kolpo's live in a free and democratic planet. It is just that all kolpo's have an anti-carnivore instinct, so their democratic government shall have the same feelings because it represents them. Also unlike human departments are the Kolpo's their departments extremely efficient and helpfull. Because kolpo's feel very strongly about transforming omnivores in herbivores their government spend a lot of money on it and have they created many departments to deal with it.

The department they had the most trouble with was the "department of spin". Kolpo's are always honest to each other, they would never lie about something or "spin" something. But as soon as they came in contact with other worlds became it clear that good PR was absolutely essential in the galaxy, especially when you want to change other races their ideology. So the kolpo's studied the RP department and spin of the other worlds. Their extreme motivation allowed them to learn the art of spin even while it goes against their instinct.

The extreme fanatical way in which the Kolpo's spread their herbivore ideology is indeed like the cold war, but it is even worse because it is not only an ideology, it is also their prime instinct.

The "department of help" uses a part of it's gold to buy metals from other worlds, those do they use in worlds where gold has little value.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:57:20 am by kolpo »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 07:29:43 am »
How exactly do they intend to make herbivores out of carnivores? Genetic changes, giving them nutrition pills that their stomach can handle which comes from plants, or other ways? A lot of meat-eaters simply cannot eat and digest vegetables.

Offline kolpo

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 08:58:21 am »
How exactly do they intend to make herbivores out of carnivores? Genetic changes, giving them nutrition pills that their stomach can handle which comes from plants, or other ways? A lot of meat-eaters simply cannot eat and digest vegetables.

ooch I made a typo it should be : "Because kolpo's feel very strongly about transforming omnivores in herbivores".

Carnivores do they simply attack as soon as they can, they don't talk with those.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 09:09:56 am by kolpo »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 09:05:17 am »
Aha. I still find the idea of militant space vegans very scary(although original). Keep it up!  ;)

Offline Xarionis

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 10:50:15 am »
I think the Squillisk are pretty safe against the Kolpo's, really. Although the Squillisk can't eat plants, they sure know how to genetically engineer a mighty annoying weed.

Offline kolpo

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 05:35:42 pm »
This is my best attempt to create the Kolpo's with the spore creature trial:

Because the demo had only carnivores, had I to give them a carnivore head. I would also like their attack to become less focused on the bite (that is more something for carnivores) and more focused on their 2 tails. While many parts where not available in the demo am I still happy about the way my Kolpo looks.

It was much much faster and easier to make a Kolpo in spore then in a 3d drawing program and the result is much better :)