Author Topic: Girls  (Read 9656 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Girls
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2008, 08:06:53 am »
You would be surprised how many gamer girls their are.

You know that super hot cheerleader you'll never date? Its very possible shes a gamer and just is not very vocal about it in public.

I have played with a ton of girls online in Halo 3, grand theft auto 4, the bad company demo, lost planet colonies and many more.

Its not a rare  anymore.

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2008, 08:11:27 am »

You know that super hot cheerleader you'll never date? Its very possible shes a gamer and just is not very vocal about it in public.

I have played with a ton of girls online in Halo 3, grand theft auto 4, the bad company demo, lost planet colonies and many more.

Its not a rare  anymore.

Gaming is maturing. We're still not there yet, but is going quicker and quicker. Look at what the DS and Wii did for gaming. Even my granny played with the Wii at 84. Now if that isn't finding a new market I don't know what is. :D

Soon people won't even look funny at you when you tell them you game for a hobby... Good times! :)

Might need to find a new underdog hobby soon! ;)
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2008, 08:36:58 am »
the new underdog hobby should be, going to the disco ^^ ;D

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2008, 08:53:43 am »
There's more girls that play the games these days because through time, they have found it.

The original games were made by little nerds. Then they sold them and silly wannabe soldiers bought them. Then the artsy types put their morals and stories into it and so people who read books started playing them for the stories.

Through each step, some girls were with the majority boys,

Slowly, more girls joined in, and now there are many girls.

It's the beauty of how "fads" spread. An actual science, lol. social reactions are very amusing to observe.

One can even link how the people who want to ban games have been growing. Some of the wannabe soldiers had hippy mothers. It was something new to protest in their otherwise boring lives(generalization, but pff...). Then they spread word to other liberal activists who then spread it to others, eventually landing at Jack Thompson.
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2008, 09:09:17 am »

Its not a rare  anymore.

Gaming is maturing. We're still not there yet, but is going quicker and quicker. Look at what the DS and Wii did for gaming. Even my granny played with the Wii at 84. Now if that isn't finding a new market I don't know what is. :D

Soon people won't even look funny at you when you tell them you game for a hobby... Good times! :)

Might need to find a new underdog hobby soon! ;)

Hell, what you say is true. My mom LOVED the wii, while she never was and prob never will be a gamer.
She loved the rayman raving rabbits game and was actually good at it 0.o
I am going to try to get my parents to play spore. My mom used to play the Sims so who knows ^^

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2008, 10:34:55 am »
Something I have noticed that really bugs me is the way some guys treat women in online games. Every time I am in a server in GTA IV and a female starts talking, there is always at least one guy that starts putting her down and calling her names. There is no excuse for doing that and I can see why a lot of females probably are not vocal about gaming. Some probably play with out even saying a word. It's a shame really. I like hearing female voices in the chatter. Too bad there are the jerks who think they have to run the women off. I guess they are afraid of being beaten by a female.
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2008, 10:48:52 am »
As if they don't do that to fellow males? It's internet manners: there are none.

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline nausved

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2008, 11:12:51 am »
One can even link how the people who want to ban games have been growing. Some of the wannabe soldiers had hippy mothers. It was something new to protest in their otherwise boring lives(generalization, but pff...). Then they spread word to other liberal activists who then spread it to others, eventually landing at Jack Thompson.

I'm not sure why you think this sort of censorship is (or began as) a liberal* thing. There are plenty of people on both sides who have favored censoring videogames (and books and movies and radio...) for as long as they have existed—and there are plenty of people on both sides who have always thought that such censorship is an infringement on basic human rights.

It's not a "liberal" thing or a "conservative" thing. It's just an ethical philosophy thing—a matter of whether it's better to control people for their own good or better to let people control themselves, for better or for worse.

*Note: By liberal, I (being American) assume you mean leftwing. If you actually mean rightwing, my point still stands, however.

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2008, 11:14:53 am »
Well I guess I generalized.

Most movements in America started as liberal movement, and spread to be liked by conservatives. Like sienna falls and the likes.

There are two kinds of conservatives. The liberal conservatives who use liberalism, influenced by their faiths, to progress society (the great awakening movements) and the closed-to society conservatives who hate progression.

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2008, 12:48:55 am »
Most movements in America started as liberal movement, and spread to be liked by conservatives. Like sienna falls and the likes.

Best example ever; the hippies that became conservative libertarians. In their minds "The man" switched from being the corporation to the government regulating the corporation.
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).