Author Topic: My First Creature  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
My First Creature
« on: July 16, 2007, 04:16:58 pm »
I have been following Spore's development for what feels like a eternity. Here is the creature I have dreamed up.

Name- Daarnuk

Food- Herbivorous

Locomotion- six hoofed legs

Height- 12 ft. (male) 9 ft. (female)

Weight- 2,000 lbs. (male) 1,700 lbs. (female)

Herd Size- 15-30 Daarnuks

Lifespan- up to 130 years

Home planet- Sartook (large planet- 47% water, 43% tundra/glacier, 10% arid highland, avg. temp. -7 degrees f., avg daylight 16hrs., avg. nighttime 32 hrs. (days on larger planets are longer))

Biology and Evolution...
Standing at around twelve feet tall the Daarnuk is a large majestic herbivorous beast. The Daarnuk has a large head with three antlers on either side and two antlers jutting from the sides of its beak-like mouth. The Daarnuk  uses its head as a battering ram against any potential predators. Its thick fur is white with light Carolina blue streaks. Its fur took this color to help blend in the with its glacial habitat, which leads to why the Daarnuk's beaked mouth was developed. In tundras and on glaciers the only flora is sealed beneath a deep layer of permafrost which the Daarnuk must break to get its meals and the Daarnuks use their beak to peck threw the ice. The Daarnuk also has two parallel rows of four spikes on its back to protect it from any would be predators leaping upon its back. The Daarnuk are social creatures gathering in groups for protection and warmth. The Daarnuk have three pillar-like hoofed legs on either side on its body. It also has two powerful arms with massive forearms, the hands on each arm have three fingers(one thumb and two digits). These fingers, oddly enough, are hoofed. The Daarnuk males are substantially larger, but besides a difference in size male Daarnuk and female Daarnuk are undiscernable (besides some obvious other parts). The Daarnuk's huge forearms became very useful when one experimenting Daarnuk made the first spear, for the massive forearm strength allowed its to hurl its spear with great speed and accuracy at any predators or challenging Daarnuks that are not welcome. Once the Daarnuk became sentient, the mixture of society and experimentation were the prefect mix and soon enough they became the unchallenged guardians of their home planet.   

Here a link to a image of the Daarnuk...

Shot at 2007-07-17

Reproduction...
The Daarnuk produce sexually and lay eggs. Daarnuk eggs are the eggs known to produce their own heat. In appearance, the Daarnuk eggs have a no uniform shape. The eggs are very sturdy and could be nearly mistaken as rock until the finder noticed the rock was unnaturally warm and odd aroma similar to the smell of ionized air and onions, which the eggs emit. The Daarnuk egg's ability to warm themselves allow the parent Daarnuk to not have to spend time sitting on a nest in a vulnerable fashion.

Courtship...
Daarnuk courtship is much like that of a yak. The Daarnuk male to female ratio is roughly for every one male there are three females so much of the Daarnuk's time is devoted to gaining a large hairum. Hairums are achieved through buttinng heads with males as competition for the finest females.

Tribal Society...
After the creation and spread of the spear the Daarnuk experienced a boom in reproduction due to their ability to defend themselves and soon after the ability to harness fire was unraveled and now the Daarnuks could conquer the long tundra nights. During this boom in technology the Daarnuks started moving from glacial ice cave into Daarnuk-made huts. Since the Daarnuk population had almost increased by 5000% in only a few short years there were know many tribes springing up across Sartook. Through tribal wars and many other conditions a new land mark technology was introduced. This technology uses ice,found underneath deep glaciers, that is so pressurized a one-inch cube could contain literally thousands of gallons of water. Through electrolysis the tons of hydrogen gas in the water could be released and finally the Daarnuk had enough electricity to actually use. Now most Daarnuk were moving into large conglomerate herds to build cities around their new found energy source.

Civilization...
Now, the Daarnuk could produce energy on a mass scale and all the tribes had conglomerated into three main city-states, what this created was the perfect conditions for war. The three city-states were the war-like Hasand, the over-zealous Jaretu, and the enigmatic Garenapta. The Garenapta were the largest of the three, the Hasand were the second largest, and Jaretu were by far the smallest. For a while the city-states coexisted, but after 32 years of this peace the Hasand began mobilizing for war. The Jaretu noticed this at once and asked the Garenapta to to join them against Hasand. The Garenapta refused, for they new what would come of a attack against the Hasand. Even though the Jaretu were one one fourth the size of the Hasand they still pressed the attack. The Jaretu Battle Tanks cut a swoth through the first of the Hasand but they were soon over whelmed. After the Jaretu were dealt with the Hasand adjusted their eyes towards the Garenapta and so the Millennium War began. For two thousand years the Garenapta held their ground and only when they were attacked soon enough the Hasand were almost out of soldier and that was when the Farrah-Atul appeared. The Farrah-Atul in the Daarnuk dogma is the greatest hero in their history, it comes in the form of a great Daarnuk appearing when the its people are in need. The Farrah-Atul lead the Garenapta on great march that finished of the Hasand once and for all. Now that the Daarnuk have conquered their own planet there is only one more frontier to master.

Please post any thoughts or ideas!
Also Please Feel Free To Use This Thread For Your Creature Ideas!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 12:58:53 pm by swamp »

Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: My First Creature
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 06:42:18 pm »
dude this is awesome but i,m comfused on the mouth and most of the head.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:47:19 pm »
Okay, the mouth beak-like so that it can be used to break through permafrost. And if you elaborate a little more on what parts of the head confuse it would be a help.

Also I have edited my first post. So please read it to see if I answer any of your questions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 07:09:29 pm by swamp »
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 07:00:12 pm »
nifty
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 08:30:24 am »
well basically what are those things coming out the back of the head, just tentacles?
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 08:59:36 am »
No they are horns. You see the editor would not color those the same as his other horns.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 01:13:05 pm »
don't post to bump, it's rude and especially on the same day as the last post.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 01:46:54 pm »
The Mironomi

By swamp777 at 2007-07-17
My Newest Creature
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:50:17 pm by swamp »

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 02:06:07 pm »
Name- Mironomi

Food- Carnivore

Locomotion- Bipedal (with the help of two powerful arms it uses as two more legs when running)

Height- 2 to 3 ft.

Weight- 40 to 60 lbs.

Pack Size- 20-300

Lifespan- 20-40 yrs.

Home Planet- Tornia (earth-like)

While they may not be big the vicious Mironomi live in massive packs to make up for their size. The Mironomi have long and lean tail adorned with a two poisonous barbs. The poison from these barbs can send even the most massive creature into paralysis if stung more than a few times. The Mironomi's powerful arms can also be used as another pair of legs when running. Mironomi packs hunt with amazing speed and tactics.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 10:24:51 am by swamp »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 05:18:19 pm »
Nice use of our editor ;)

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 05:19:43 pm »
Thanks Hydro

Online Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 08:50:59 pm »
I like that last one. I never bothered to get so in depth with the editor.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 05:59:46 am »
By the way, the blue eye-like thing on its head is used for communication by changing colors.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 06:04:57 am »
Very nice looking.  :P
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg