Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 724701 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2005, 01:08:49 pm »
That's an interesting idea, but wouldn't the blood filling up the tail cause blood loss to other organs? The tail is very large, and that would use almost all the blood in the entire creature to fill.

You could maybe have a  blood storage area, perhaps similar to a spleen where the old hips were.  Even then it would have to be quite large, and lack of any legs there would probably disrupt the centre of balance..

Hmm, I'll need to think about that

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 01:50:22 pm »
I don't think he's saying the whole tail fills up, just a part along the backbone.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2005, 05:04:23 pm »
Hydro my hotmails is screwin up. When i get my home computer back (major virus) ill email you about yahoo messenger.
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2005, 01:09:09 pm »
That's an interesting idea, but wouldn't the blood filling up the tail cause blood loss to other organs? The tail is very large, and that would use almost all the blood in the entire creature to fill.

You could maybe have a blood storage area, perhaps similar to a spleen where the old hips were. Even then it would have to be quite large, and lack of any legs there would probably disrupt the centre of balance..

Hmm, I'll need to think about that

I think Borogrove is right about what Hydro meant. Still, thier physiology and biology (thier internal organs and all) is likely to be pretty different from the Earth standard other than the basic organs (brain/nervous system, gastrointestinal tract from start to end). Plus it doesn't even have to be blood thats used because whats happening here and with a certain male organ, is hydraulic pressure. So it can be some other kind of fluid that is contained in many small sacs (solving the balance issue since it spreads it out) which can be expanded or contracted.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2005, 04:53:14 pm »

I think Borogrove is right about what Hydro meant. Still, thier physiology and biology (thier internal organs and all) is likely to be pretty different from the Earth standard other than the basic organs (brain/nervous system, gastrointestinal tract from start to end). Plus it doesn't even have to be blood thats used because whats happening here and with a certain male organ, is hydraulic pressure. So it can be some other kind of fluid that is contained in many small sacs (solving the balance issue since it spreads it out) which can be expanded or contracted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash Hydro and his creation. I'm trying to help him flesh out his creature in the best possible way. I think it's great he put this much work into it, I'm just trying to ask questions or make suggestions. By no means am I condemning someone for being creative.

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2005, 10:47:47 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash Hydro and his creation. I'm trying to help him flesh out his creature in the best possible way. I think it's great he put this much work into it, I'm just trying to ask questions or make suggestions. By no means am I condemning someone for being creative.

Well i am glad you are helping. And imlike the sacs full of some fluid idea. I am sure my creature is doable. Its just a matter of figuring out HOW it works within the universe as we know it. For insance on Animal Planet they had a show that biologiclally expained how dragons could be. For instance dragons were to heavey to fly so they have them hydrogen sacs so they could be netrally boyant in the air. Enough so to be light enough to fly. Such things for an unknown creature like my Nauscean i think is doable.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2006, 08:07:10 pm »

Here are just 4 of the many tribes that live on Nauceanica. The river tribe is the one i have shown before with their basket homes on stilts in the rivers. The ocean tribe live underwater in coral homes but must come to the surface to breathe or breathe in small bubbles trapped under the dome shaped coral homes. The mountain tribe live high on the tops of the mountains where it snows. Their bodies blend into to the snow well and they live in igloos which are also round. They love the ice and snow and tend to live near melting ice and fish in freezing cold rivers. Luckily their thick blubber protects them in the same way the ocean tribe's blubber. The cave tribe live in the deep water table caverns. They rarely come to the surface and live on the cave fish and mushrooms.

Each tribe have diffrent features. The ocean tribe are the largest and are too big to walk on land. The Mountain Tribe are the smallest and have compact features for working on the icy slopes. Even their 4 eye have become slanted to reduce the glare. However the cave tribe's eye have grown huge to see in the darkness of the caverns. There are some glowing lichen that live within the caves so its is not always dark. They also have some of the beast hearing of all the tribes and the brightest tentacles that not only can change colors but glow.

All tribe originally came from the ocean tribe then all land tribe came from the river tribe. Besides these tribes there are the desert tribe, jungle tribe, forest tribe, swamp tribe and grassland tribe. All tribes are just separate races like human races. Each although separated still can reproduce with each other. It has been known to happen now and then but is not common during the bronze age. It is only until the later more modern eras that mixed races become more common.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:56:44 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2006, 03:49:37 am »

Here are 3 examples of the homes of he Naucean tribes. I have shown the basket home before which is the river tribes style of home. I have also changed the mountain tribe's home from an igloo to a yurt style home. Except it is also a sphere like all the others. The bottom half is made of stone while the top half is made of animal skins and wood like an earth yurt. Except this is more spherical. The Ocean tribes bobble home is kelp afloat under the water with the swim bladders of sea creatures that live on their planet. It is also tethered to the floor with very strong kelp fibers. The skin of the bubble is made of the skin of the same sea creature that the swim bladder is from and sewn together with bone toothed needs and kelp fibers.Or thew top it allows fresh air in. However they rarely use fire because it uses up the air and makes it unbreatheable it inside. Thus they must come to the surface to use fire on floating rafts.

As you can see no matter what style all have a thme of a sphere as their house. This is because of the tradtion of the first bubble kelp homes. Sicne the ocean tribe is the first tribe.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:57:01 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2006, 04:34:18 am »
I love that stilt-hut. ;D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2006, 09:12:09 am »
Here is the new Evolution Tree for the Planet Nauceanica.

Nauceanica Evolution Tree
http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/nauceanica_evotree.htm

It has the Naucean linage as well a split off to a very tall tree browsing biped. I have yet to name all the creatures. I will fill in more now and then so i can have a balanced ecosystem with common ansestors. This works because i can split off at any stage. It goes from the first single cell creature on the Nauceanica on up.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2006, 12:18:57 pm »

Here are 4 more Naucean tribes, grasslands, jungle, swamp and desert. The Grassland Tribe lives on a tall Savannah and have long legs and long necks to look over the grasses. They have very elongated features due to this environment. Also because of being exposed to the sun so much they have darker skin. They must live around the rivers and lakes of the grassland to survive otherwise the heat would dry out their skin.

The Jungle Tribe live in the dense jungles. They are small like Earth's human Pygmies. They are about half the size of a river tribe. They also make their homes in spherical homes high in the canopy of the trees away from any land predators. They also catch rain water in pools high above to stay moist.

The Swamp Tribe are closely related to the river tribe except for their shovel-like snout. Thy use this to dig and shape mud dwellings. These to are spherical upon 4 stilts like the basket homes. Except rather than reeds they use clay and mud. They also have been known to make dams.

The Desert Tribe are the most extreme of all the tribes. Not only are they an indigo color to fight the harmful UV rays of the desert but they have a shortend snout and scaly skin for water conservation, a tall nostril crest with a thin membrane for easy heatloss. And a smaller body for burrowing in the sand. They make dune homes and tend to come out at night more than the day. This is why they have larger eyes. Although not officially nocturnal they do tend to spend a lot of time at night rather than the midday hot sun.  They also live next to rivers, oasises and underground springs. In which they will dig down to to get to the water. These have main similar traits to the other tribes. Fir instance they dig like the Cave Tribe but save water like the grassland tribe but at a more extreme. They also have leathery tentacles that are bland and made for desert use. Their body can use water more efficiently than any other Naucean.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:57:23 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2006, 07:32:59 pm »
Here is the new Evolution Tree for the Planet Nauceanica.

It has the Naucean linage as well a split off to a very tall tree browsing biped. I have yet to name all the creatures. I will fill in more now and then so i can have a balanced ecosystem with common ansestors. This works because i can split off at any stage. It goes from the first single cell creature on the Nauceanica on up.

Ooh, I wanna play:

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2006, 08:15:54 pm »
A Rhinaucean?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2006, 09:34:45 pm »
Cool! Thanks Jaleho! You are welcome to make more new creatures off my main Naucean tree. I will fill this in right away :D

EDIT: Ok Jaleho your guys have been added to the tree too as well as posting credit to you at the top :D

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 09:46:22 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2006, 10:48:48 pm »
I added a shark-like creature evolved off a fish-like stage on the tree