Author Topic: News for your Blues  (Read 462538 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: News for your Blues
« Reply #2130 on: September 28, 2015, 03:17:11 pm »
"Santa isn't real"

lol next you'll be saying Jesus isn't real :^)
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 28, 2015, 05:00:15 pm »
"Santa isn't real"

lol next you'll be saying Jesus isn't real :^)

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 07, 2015, 12:39:23 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34450841?ocid=socialflow_facebook

Hur dur media cycle 2nd amendment muh rights 24 hour news well regulated militia background checks 48 hour waiting period guns don't kill kids, apparently other kids do.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 07, 2015, 01:33:59 am »
Pft, if there'd been no guns, those kids would have just found another way to murder or bought firearms on the black market.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2134 on: October 07, 2015, 09:15:18 am »
Part of the problem aside from a better need for mental health help and stricter sales regulations is that nobody ever wants to talk about gun safety. I wish there was a greater emphasis at a national level on responsible ownership, rather than just the bickering over which group of people are to blame and who is more terrible. Especially in a society that values its firearms and wants to have access to them, the conversation on gun safety is almost nonexistent. And unfortunately the extremes have control of the discussion. Either you can't possibly own a gun responsibly and their ownership needs to be severely limited or eliminated or you need to let guns be purchased by anyone, anywhere, at any time.

There's no middle ground for the vast majority of gun owners like myself that practice firearm safety regularly and are living their lives quietly.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 07, 2015, 10:42:58 am »
Yeah but you're expecting people to follow the rules and you know that doesn't fly.

Just look at how bad people are at driving and obeying the rules of the road, and cars are dangerous enough as it is. Unlike a car a gun is designed to kill or maim. The only way to really enforce gun safety and responsible ownership would be instituting exactly the sort of rigorous checks, assessments and controls that the gun lobby interpret as an attack on their god given right to murderboner.

As objects get more dangerous (and less necessary for day to day mundane survival) it just makes sense to restrict their ownership and use more, to people who are formally qualified to handle them safely. If everyone was running around insisting they had a right to unrestricted access to gaseous chlorine and you could buy pressurised tanks of it at the supermarket I think you could reasonably tell people to **** off and get a hazardous materials certification if they really want to mess with reactive gasses so bad. Don't see how guns are much different.

(you could make the argument that chlorine can be used to defend your home from rapists)  ;)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2136 on: October 07, 2015, 11:13:15 am »
Oh, I like that comparison. This is why:

Quote from: S2nd Amendment
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I don't see the words "musket," "firearm," or "rifle" anywhere in there. I'd rather arm myself with chlorine gas canister launchers. It's my RIGHT.

Brb, buying a potato launcher and high-concentration cleaning products.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 07, 2015, 01:04:22 pm »
Dude the problem isn't premeditated crimes or highly motivated bad people who want to perpetrate goal-oriented violence.

Currently it's actually easier for people in many US states to buy a gun from a store than it will be for anyone to "print" one on a 3d printer in their house (also 3d printed guns are garbage?)

If you have a ton of surplus guns lying around for no good reason someone is going to grab one in the heat of the moment, or some stupid kid is going to get their hands on one.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 07, 2015, 03:23:20 pm »
I think we could find some common ground and agreement on safety and training if we didn't immediately lose the topic to talk of murderboners and bad special effects.

But yes this story is tragic, needless, and the parents better get charged with something.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:25:27 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 07, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »
No that's dumb.  But it was only after I made that post that I saw the conversation had hopped to the gun thread, so we can continue it there I guess.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 21, 2015, 12:50:08 am »
Fappy the Anti-mAsturbation Dolphin!  :o

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #2142 on: October 21, 2015, 01:36:05 am »
That is honestly the best part of the entire article. I cannot believe that is the example they chose to give as a business suffering because of Yelp, and the quote itself is even better.

'...questioning our morals and ethics, as if that is so important.' 'With the assumptions made by Yelp reviewers, they are causing deadly self-rape addictions in this country to continue and in the end it is Big Masturbation that wins.'

It sounds like the author was just trying to give Matt and Trey material for a future episode.

Offline Ultimatum

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 21, 2015, 05:55:04 am »
Fappy the Anti-mAsturbation Dolphin!  :o

I wonder if marty knows him

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 21, 2015, 06:56:10 am »
That is honestly the best part of the entire article. I cannot believe that is the example they chose to give as a business suffering because of Yelp, and the quote itself is even better.

'...questioning our morals and ethics, as if that is so important.' 'With the assumptions made by Yelp reviewers, they are causing deadly self-rape addictions in this country to continue and in the end it is Big Masturbation that wins.'

It sounds like the author was just trying to give Matt and Trey material for a future episode.

Well it makes the whole article seem like a parody...

nbc.com.co?

Fake site. I probably would have caught it sooner if I hadn't read it right after waking up in the morning...