Author Topic: DID YOU SEE THAT AMMONIUM NITRATE EXPLOSION IN BEIRUT!?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
DID YOU SEE THAT AMMONIUM NITRATE EXPLOSION IN BEIRUT!?
« on: August 04, 2020, 04:01:03 pm »
HOLY ****ING ****. THAT WAS INCREDIBLE.

The literal and figurative fallout from it will also be incredible but not in a good way. 78 dead as of this posting and over 4000 wounded. Sheesh! That was some amazing footage, I am shocked the death toll isn't much higher.

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
Re: DID YOU SEE THAT AMMONIUM NITRATE EXPLOSION IN BEIRUT!?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 01:05:46 pm »
Oh yeah I saw it on the news. It's amazing how you could actually see the shockwave.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 07:16:42 am »
EXPLOSIONS THREAD!!

There is some great footage coming out of Gaza right now. Israel is dropping some serious ordinance. It's comfy viewing. My bandwidth is limited right now so I can't post stuff. But take a look around. Good building demolitions and general disarray.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 06:10:45 pm »
Iron Dome is pretty cool tech. Always impressive to see in action. Would like to see how it stacks up against Aegis.

Have not heard much about the deployment of Iron Beam. Unsure if that ever got off the ground. It was supposed to be an anti-mortar system.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 09:06:44 am »
The original Iron Beam was a project between the USMC and Israel. If I recall correctly, it had three false starts as by the time the prototype weapon was ready to fire as the technology had already completely leapfrogged past the weapon. I think when Iron Beam is finally actively deployed, we'll hear about it officially a couple years later. Politically it would be best to keep giving all the credit to the Iron Dome and 'dud' rockets. A good defense laser is going to take out a rocket as soon as it can, ideally during the boost phase where stresses on the rocket will tear it apart from even minor damage. Imagine the political backlash if people could prove Israel is dropping Hezbollah rockets on Palestinians without care of consideration for the civilians by taking them out with a laser in the first few moments of launch.  "Why didn't you wait until it was over an unpopulated area instead?"

-Lego

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 11:27:08 am »
That is a really good point.