Author Topic: Final Fantasy  (Read 41675 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2015, 03:44:35 am »
FF XV is going to reinvigorate the series!

but seriously I love the aesthetics and hey, the plot seems to not be about the stupid f'alcie crap from xiii and more on evil empire vs the crystal magic kingdoms which I'm all down for

also who doesn't want to go on a roadtrip with the backstreet boys?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2015, 08:17:55 am »
Definitely looks better than previous incarnations. I just hope grandpa doesn't start fighting bullets with his sword or whateve.r

Here's hoping they make something decent. I'd like that. But I won't hold my breath.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2015, 08:05:51 am »
Anyone familiar with Legend of Legacy? It looks pretty neat, but it has been drawing comparisons with Bravely Default. And as we know, Square botched the hell out of that game so comparing another game to it makes me worry. But this review also says it has very minimal story, which is a good thing since the exploration and mechanics are supposed to be solid.

**EDIT**
Guess I'll find out in a couple months. Ordered it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:09:17 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2015, 05:14:35 pm »
So type-O on steam is a train wreck

don't suggest you play it

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2015, 06:02:40 pm »
Ah... thank you for that tip. I was wondering about it.

How'd they mess it up?

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2015, 04:35:13 am »
well graphics wise, its locked at 30 fps, zero actual changes you can make regarding anything (AA and shadows and that's it) and it only supports 720 and 1080 resolutions. Not to mention the games cut scenes have random frame rate drops and look worse than the game because they weren't remodeled.

story wise, its set in the ff-13 universe so its just more evil empires and their L'cie or whatever causing trouble in goody two shoes town. the english voice acting has less emotion than keanu reeves, and the models look like inanimate bricks half the time you see them up close.

game-play wise it plays kind of similar to a dumbed down crisis core, you get 13 characters off the bat to pick each with their own set of stats that affect what magic they can use to compliment their weapon/ability. problem with having so many choices is a large chunk of them are totally worthless a few hours into the game because only your 3 active party members gain XP, and if you have the SP system on (causes random npcs to take over your other 2 party member slots, but gets you rarer item drops) then you will generally be stuck playing the game with a single main party while the rest sit on the sidelines being worthless. Most of the combat is generally dull as well, simply mashing dodge until the lock on reticle flickers red so you get an instant kill attack or just spamming thunder since every enemy is mechanical and since you only ever really have an attack button and magic button you generally just play one of the characters with a gun and run around doing that. Worst of all is the camera when locked on does not like to sit still with all the dodging you'll be doing and will flip and point every single way except the way to get the locked on enemy to appear on screen.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2015, 06:58:12 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KojZW87Is8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KojZW87Is8</a>

This is puke-tier. What were they thinking?? :|

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2015, 07:39:22 pm »
Haha, it's using those awful HD sprites.
Fantastic.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:14 pm »
Reuse assets, free money. That's exactly what they're thinking, and it's definitely nothing new.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2015, 09:07:56 pm »
all the classes look neat. what is FFV?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2015, 07:10:37 am »
The fifth Final Fantasy game. 8)

It's where the giant-sized job system comes from. You should find an emulator and play it that way. I always say I never played this game, but I remember a lot of scenes that they showed in that awful trailer up there. So apparently I have played a fan translation or something and I just forgot about it. The reason I don't like that trailer is because the sprites look terrible and the animation on them looks terrible and the game looks like it is running on an emulator with a terrible filter. But yeah, looks like they released a GBA version at some point. You should try that one!

You have to search the world for the crystals to stop an evil power and there's a bunch of neat things to see and do. And at one point I think there's a boat with an engine room where I stopped playing. :U

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2015, 07:26:09 am »
I quit after the world was restored and it turned into a freeroam thing. It's funny 'cause it's sorta the reverse in FFVI, where the world gets destroyed and turns into a freeroam thing.
The lore for FFV is pretty neat.

Ignore The After Years. It ruins everything pretty brazenly.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2015, 09:07:28 am »
After years if IV, right?

I played some of that. It was weird.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2015, 09:16:16 am »
Yeah FF-4 is cecil and the moon crap

5 is giant evil death tree and buttz

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2015, 09:22:40 am »
I guess FFII is the only one I never played then.

Guess I should get on that.