Author Topic: How to fight the Grox affectively, if they are SO far away from my homeworld?  (Read 35474 times)

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
Re: How to fight the Grox affectively, if they are SO far away from my homeworld?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 10:12:00 am »

The center of the galaxy is entirely reachable, the difference is only that you actually have to find the paths through then just jumping effortlessly.

Oh and terraforming a world kills off the grox, I plant monoliths just to give the Grox more headaches.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
Re: How to fight the Grox affectively, if they are SO far away from my homeworld
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 10:21:30 am »
Yes, it is well understood that we can reach the center of the galaxy. The point that was being discussed, however, was that, due to travel distance limitations imposed by the gravity of the center, there may be (and has been shown with a couple screenshots somewhere around here) that there are Grox-inhabited planets that are simply not within reach, thus disallowing you from defeating the Grox.

Offline Sennova

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: How to fight the Grox affectively, if they are SO far away from my homeworld?
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2008, 05:59:15 pm »
HELLO people.I believe i defeted the GROX !! if i knew how to post a picture i would.
The grox surrendered!

Offline Sennova

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2008, 06:01:12 pm »
OK .at least on a  planet!
They said.... We surrender.Does not compute.

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
Re: How to fight the Grox affectively, if they are SO far away from my homeworld
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2008, 06:49:30 pm »
You captured a system, not defeated the Grox. I was very excited for you until your second post! Good job so far, just a couple more thousand to go  ;)

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2008, 06:52:45 pm »
I took about 15 million Sporebucks with me on a mission to try and at least get the Grox neutral with me.  They took ONE gift and then stopped caring...  I tried missions to improve the relationship, and that brought me close to neutral, but then they decided to destroy my ship.  With no way home readily available it was all over.  :-\

Grox, the griefers of the universe.

This is they key, I made the Grox neutral to me (would have gone further too if I still had my comp).  I worm holed to one of there areas and I sat at the worm hole and looked for uncolonized systems mixed with the Grox systems.  I jumped to the uncolonized system and went down to the best planet and put down a colony. Usually you have some Grox on your tail at this point which you can either destroy or leave the system and come back to ditch them.  It turns out after you form a colony in a system they won't follow you there anymore and you can repair there.  So then what I do is go to Grox systems one jump away and get missions and go back to my colony to repair.  Often the mission the Grox give you are against your own colony, especially if there is nothing else around.  I managed to get them to be neutral to me but even after they kept attacking me, which was annoying.  The good thing was that I was then able to go to their planets and repair my ship.  You just have to remember to not fire on their ships, or they will start to hate you again, just run.

Offline Mangled7

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
1.Get as much allies as possible.
2.Get a full fleet.
3.Planetbuster.

Offline SephyrLlanir

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
You can't ally with the Grox according to the manual. It says specifically the Grox does not understand relationships and can therefore not be influenced.

I can double that.  I got up to about +10 I think and they declared WAR on me...  They wouldn't let me bribe them either...

And to think; I did missions for them.  Two faced monkeys. ><
[Don't have a current SPORE account so I am using the account of a Friend whose computer is in the Shop; to see my work look up 'Jacknife3117' for his account or 'sephyrllanir' for my tags]

Offline Fonkybonk

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
it IS possible to ally with them. i've done it before, now everyone else hates me :(

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Planet-busters do not make people kind to you. However, I have cleared the majority of Grox worlds around the galactic core. My favoured tactic at the moment is to build up a collection of planet busters (War-favouring races have this habit of selling them for half price, so I can buy a TON of them at this point. Huge colonization network and all that).

Then, just go and start "cleansing" Grox worlds. One by one, eliminate their planets. It's not like there's any shortage of other stuff. I've almost made a clear path to the galactic centre at this point.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Gaz Lloyd

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
You ARE able to ally the Grox - how else do you get the Dance With the Devil badge?

It's not that hard, once you know what you're doing. You start with -70 (We distruct strangers), you just need to overcome that  while preventing any further decline - they take anything really badly, and hence is likely to start a war. Grox ships will never stop shooting at you until you actually ally them - they will still fire when at green face but not allied.

Things to do to ally:
  • Turn off autoblaster and dismiss all allied ships when near their territory (destoying a ship will probably ruin any chance of success).
  • NEVER terraform their world, nor destory any buildings.
  • Use a happy ray (preferably super) to get a +30 bonus (you will need several tanks of energy for this, even at max capacity).
  • Break the Galactic Code within 10pc of any of their colonies (max +50) - Planet Busters give around +10 each, Fanatical Frenzy +8 and Gravitation Wave [don't know]. There is a glitch where you use a planet buster on one of their worlds and they are not mad about it - I have no idea if this is fixed or not, so to be safe don't try.
  • Do missions once at 0 with them (up to +50) - simply agreeing to help them gives up to +5.
  • Use an embassy to get +10, but they will attack it unless you are allied.
  • Give them money - 400k Sporebucks gives the max boost of +10.
  • Create the max of 3 trade routes for up to +30.
  • Creating the alliance itself gives +30 aswell as the Dance with the Devil badge.

Of course, if you want every badge in the game, you must ally with them first, since destroying anything of theirs will make them declare war. Destroying every one of their colonies (on all 2400 stars) gives the Badge Outta Heck badge.

Note: The moment you ally with the Grox, every other empire in the game gets an immediate -200 bonus for "Allied with Grox", and will likely declare war with you - as long as you don't accept their war transmissions, they won't attack you. Bribing the nation will clear you name - bring your relation back to 0.

Hope that helps. =]