Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 396784 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #3855 on: March 29, 2014, 06:45:09 am »
Sam you speak my language so well sometimes.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: March 30, 2014, 12:25:37 pm »
Make out!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: March 31, 2014, 03:13:46 am »
Crohns is my gripe. This stupid bull**** has been waking me up every morning the past week and a half with nausea and the acute desire to vomit. It's like I'm pregnant without being a woman or carrying a child. It's like getting a hangover every morning except sleep is your liquor and you didn't actually get to get drunk. It's ridiculous and I wish I had more zofran or bud right now cause this **** is ridiculous haha
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3858 on: March 31, 2014, 02:51:57 pm »
Complaining about illnesses we never asked for?

Tourette syndrome. It sucks and the tics are maddening, thinking is hard to do, and the amount of concentration required to keep all the tics and urges at bay makes for an extraordinarily tiring day. By the time I get home, be it from work or school or whatever, I am absolutely exhausted. As I've become older the urges have become stronger and more pressing, and therefore harder to deal with. When I was little it was easier to distract myself from the tics and compulsions but it's not like that anymore.

The worst part is when my brain is primed and I change my mind about something. What I mean is, when I have a thought and decide I want to do something (priming my brain for this activity), even if I decide I no longer want to do whatever it was I originally wanted to do, it still happens. I am compelled to do it because my brain already has this idea that it has to be done. Basically it's hard to "un-prime" my brain once something gets in there. This can lead to very frustrating situations. I can tell myself out loud to not do something and lay out a very good case to myself why I should not, and it still happens because the brain needs to do it to complete the circuit.

Now, I do not have loud verbal outbursts or say curse words at random. That is a rare aspect of Tourette syndrome that few people have. Most Tourette sufferers have muscle tics (scrunching nose, looking in specific directions habitually, nodding your head, et cetera) and vocal tics (grunting, clearing throat, coughing, et cetera). So it is easy to have Tourette syndrome and have it go undiagnosed. Worse still, the medical field does not know a ton about it.

Even as recently as 20 years ago when I was a little kid, the doctors told my parents that I would "grow out of it". As it turns out, they now know that "growing out of it" is when most Tourette sufferers figure out how to suppress the tics. Which is exactly what happened to me. I found ways to hide the tics so most people don't notice, but I still have all the issues that come with it.

My tics include straining my eyes, specifically to the top right and top left, as well as nose scrunching, head jerking, arm spasms, throat clearing, and coughing. Now check this out, my Dad has it too. He has no idea, though. I don't even think the thought has crossed his mind, but when I watch him it is very obvious that he also has Tourette syndrome. And I'd be willing to bet a fair number of people here also have it.

Look into it if you're curious! And talk to your doctors. The more people that come forward with it, the more research we can get into the disorder.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: March 31, 2014, 08:54:35 pm »
Damn im sorry to hear that Pat. My cousin was diagnosed with Tourettes, hers is a neck tic. I haven't really seen her in years since that side of the family kind of has been going through a crazy time.

Hopefully we'll manage to be successful in spite of these unfavorable set backs. I'm really banking on modern medicine to save me even if that's a pipe dream and there's not enough money in it... Stem cells doe
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: March 31, 2014, 09:54:30 pm »
I don't have anything medical to gripe about, but what I thought was going to be a five dollar bill today turned into $230 plus.  Stupid car state inspections.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: April 01, 2014, 10:02:24 am »
Now, I do not have loud verbal outbursts or say curse words at random. That is a rare aspect of Tourette syndrome that few people have. Most Tourette sufferers have muscle tics (scrunching nose, looking in specific directions habitually, nodding your head, et cetera) and vocal tics (grunting, clearing throat, coughing, et cetera). So it is easy to have Tourette syndrome and have it go undiagnosed. Worse still, the medical field does not know a ton about it.

Even as recently as 20 years ago when I was a little kid, the doctors told my parents that I would "grow out of it". As it turns out, they now know that "growing out of it" is when most Tourette sufferers figure out how to suppress the tics. Which is exactly what happened to me. I found ways to hide the tics so most people don't notice, but I still have all the issues that come with it.

My tics include straining my eyes, specifically to the top right and top left, as well as nose scrunching, head jerking, arm spasms, throat clearing, and coughing. Now check this out, my Dad has it too. He has no idea, though. I don't even think the thought has crossed his mind, but when I watch him it is very obvious that he also has Tourette syndrome. And I'd be willing to bet a fair number of people here also have it.

:o   *hugs*  Pat! I've had some suspicions for a while that I might have a form of tourettes, but you've pretty much cemented it for me. I have had tics for as LONG as I can remember. I went through different ones when I was younger, blinking a ton, sticking my tongue out all the way, making specific hums (that one I still have from time to time); now it's mostly nose scrunching, widening my eyes (like a shocked expression) and twitching my neck. I hate it! I try to ignore them but it's like...trying not to scratch an itch! I haven't been to a doctor in ages, but next time I go I think I'll bring it up...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3862 on: April 01, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »
You ever have the thing where you do something new that could be a tic in some other place or time, think about the possibility of it becoming a tic, and then having it become a tic because you had all these thoughts before you had the "don't make this a tic", thought?

Because that sucks. And I've been scrunching my nose for about 9 years because of it. :|

**EDIT**
When I'm by myself at the end of the day and let all the tension out and do the tics I've been dying to do all day it must look and sound hilarious. :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:38:29 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: April 02, 2014, 08:10:37 am »
Can you please film this?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: April 02, 2014, 08:12:46 am »
Patsploitation.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: April 02, 2014, 12:19:54 pm »
*wink*

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3866 on: April 02, 2014, 12:28:50 pm »
No, the closest thing you'll get in terms of a video made for you will be a video of me committing suicide someday. :P

(clarification, I don't want to kill myself right now, but when I am older and my health starts failing I plan to do the deed myself instead of falling apart and dying with zero dignity whatsoever - I don't want people to remember me like that, when I'm done, I'll finish up myself.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 12:47:56 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59:00 pm »
No Pat, just don't age.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #3868 on: April 02, 2014, 02:05:36 pm »
You do hide it well Pat, the times we met I never would have suspected. Thanks for sharing your story.

*hugs*

ps.. your thoughts on finishing your life at the end will probably change later, enjoy your life today as you have it. :)

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: April 02, 2014, 04:14:48 pm »
Pat you should get a guy to cut off your head while your gore yourself like a samurai to this song:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNU7kF3lo3M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNU7kF3lo3M</a>