Author Topic: I dreamed about spore.  (Read 63379 times)

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
I dreamed about spore.
« on: June 04, 2005, 12:33:29 am »
In it, I dreamed there were lots of screenshots, movies and even a demo, in which there was this monster someone here had an idea for where its head was bowl shaped, but in my dream it and some creation of mine I cant remeber were eating headcrabs from Half-Life 2. As like all my dreams, it soon evolved into a sitcom of sorts with a cat, a dog, and Bowl-head.

Similar things happened when anticipating WoW.

Why do my dreams always degenerate into sitcoms?

And damnit for a while I thought there was a spore demo out :(
Hopefully more dreams tonight.

Offline D_Malachi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
Re: I dreamed about spore.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 01:18:39 am »
Aah, I've had my share of those... three dreams in three nights, in a row. And of course a few scattered ones here and there. Nothing interesting in them, just me playing the game, can't remember what things looked like after waking up, but it was a good game while it lasted.

Heh... usually I don't dream in games until after playing them for a week solid. That MUST be a sign... a sign that I think about this game way too much for it to be healthy... Oh well, such is life.
Since when is being "normal" a requirement for survival? Exactly.
"Is it funny? No? Not interested."

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 03:04:59 am »
Lol.. Well.. My dreams haven't included Spore yet, but since I have been farely busy with Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars and have been reading a biography about Napoleon and a book about Waterloo all at the same time, my dreams have been tinted by that.. For a while I dreamed I was an officer in Napoleons army on the march for Waterloo.. I think Cossacks 2 somehow made me realize more about the strategy at the game, because the dream seemed very lifelike for as far as I, a 20th century person, can judge..  ;D

Offline BmB23

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 04:29:48 am »
I only have wierd dreams that is often repeating a location from another dream... like a continuation of it.

almost never about games funnily.

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 04:58:20 am »
Lol.. Well.. My dreams haven't included Spore yet, but since I have been farely busy with Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars and have been reading a biography about Napoleon and a book about Waterloo all at the same time, my dreams have been tinted by that.. For a while I dreamed I was an officer in Napoleons army on the march for Waterloo.. I think Cossacks 2 somehow made me realize more about the strategy at the game, because the dream seemed very lifelike for as far as I, a 20th century person, can judge.. ;D

LOL.  Have you played Psychonauts?  You made me think of Fred Bonaparte.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 05:18:47 am »
I've only ever dreamed about one game - that is Spore. I've been wanting a 'Sim Earth 2' however, Spore seems better in so many ways now  :)

Anyway, in this dream, I remember having a large war between me and this other city (we were the only 2 on the planet) Unfortunately, I can't remember the rest :(
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page

Offline Pestlett

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 05:38:38 am »
 It's not fair, I never remember anything about dreams. I don't even remember dreaming at all it's not fair. In fact I sometimes think that dreaming is a lie the whole world has kept running just to make me feel wiered. This post has made me sad, but I do like the idea of a bowl-headed creature eating a headcrab.

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 06:30:31 am »
I keep having great dreams, basically i think my brains designing me creatures while im aslep, cause every morning i wake up with a new idea!

Offline SimEarth Freak

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Trichordates are now sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 09:00:25 am »
I've only ever dreamed about one game - that is Spore. I've been wanting a 'Sim Earth 2' however, Spore seems better in so many ways now  :)

LOL!  Sim Earth 2 would be awesome!  Spore would be better! :P

Offline jarnomiedema

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 09:50:56 am »
LOL.  Have you played Psychonauts?  You made me think of Fred Bonaparte.

I can't say I have, but I've just looked up the game and I laughed my you-know-what off when reading the short bio of Fred Bonaparte:

"An actual descendant of the real Napoleon Bonaparte, Fred led a normal life, free of war, empire building and funny hats. Fred was very docile. In fact, he was what you might call a loser. Somewhere deep within him, though, the spirit of Napoleon lay dormant. Then one day, disgusted with Fred's un-killer instinct, the spirit of Napoleon woke up. He took over and began fighting a war for control over Fred's mind."

As for me resembling Fred.. Well.. Who knows.. I might be a far descendant of Napoleon.. Very unlikely, but who knows..  ;D Vive la France! *Starts humming the Marseillaise..*

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 12:07:55 pm »
It's not fair, I never remember anything about dreams. I don't even remember dreaming at all it's not fair.

I know how you feel.  :(

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 02:12:25 pm »
Yeah, I dream about Spore almost every other night. I dreamt I was playing it, then the little things came to actual life and sentience and tried to attack me and I was all like "No way!" and I made a tiny Will Wright's Airship and then it flew aways. Peaceful coward. True story.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 04:07:33 pm »
No dreams for me yet, but I have a feeling my dreams (or nightmares) will be a grand creative muse for creature designs.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 04:52:04 pm »
I've had at least 2 dreams about spore.

in one i saw 2 videos of the game online

in the other i was at the GDC confrence.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 04:58:05 pm »
It was Pinstar's idea for the bowl shaped head...

I cant remember what I dreamt last night...

But I've been listening to Dragostea din tei too much...

Numa numa iei!