Author Topic: Will Wright in Texas  (Read 12422 times)

Offline Noflunk

• Mystery House Madman
  • Why is his head soooo big?
    • View Profile
Will Wright in Texas
« on: January 30, 2007, 10:36:40 am »
Will Wright will be the Keynote at the Southwest Interactive Festival in Austin TX March 10-March 11 at the Austin Convention Center if anyone is interested

Link: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070130/datu029.html?.v=90
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 11:15:45 am by Noflunk »

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: Will Wright in TX
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 10:40:30 am »
i dont understand a thing. :P
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 10:57:25 am »
neither did I  :(

just nerdy jabbering I guess
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:59:40 am by GrapeFruit »
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Noflunk

• Mystery House Madman
  • Why is his head soooo big?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 10:59:07 am »
Ok, maybe Im missing something. It was more of a "if youre in TX you can go see Will Wright" thing...nothing major. Just something along the lines of GDC 07 and DICE. Sorry if it doesnt make sense.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:14:46 am »
Ok, maybe Im missing something. It was more of a "if youre in TX you can go see Will Wright" thing...nothing major. Just something along the lines of GDC 07 and DICE. Sorry if it doesnt make sense.

plus, stop writing 'TX' when you mean Texas. there are some people on this forum who are not american and so dont understand THAT! WRITE IT IN NORMAL LANGUAGE! write it in universal language please.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 11:41:39 am »

plus, stop writing 'TX' when you mean Texas. there are some people on this forum who are not american and so dont understand THAT! WRITE IT IN NORMAL LANGUAGE! write it in universal language please.

Esperanto?

Offline captainjp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 01:11:59 pm »

Esperanto?

He means in normal english and just write full words so donŽt TX, but Texas.

I donŽt shortterms for pleaces where i live to nobody would understand eachother then ;)

Like what means RŽdam or NL or ZH :D

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
Re: Will Wright in Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 01:27:34 pm »
Truth, but wether he writes Tx or Texas, how many foreigners really know where texas is anyway? Or that its even a state? Lord knows I haven't the foggiest ideal what the states of India or Mexico are.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 01:39:02 pm »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 01:48:08 pm »
Speaking as a 'foreigner', The shortening of Texas to TX is not a huge jump, particularly when the subject of the thread is Will Wright in TEXAS.

Additionally, many foreigners know lots about the geography and the names of the American states because you keep spamming us with movies about your country and dont think to give us a map.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline twelvebottles

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 02:12:54 pm »
You can go to the screenburn arcade festival for free on the weekend but Will's speech is on Tuesday, March 13th. It's going cost about 200-300 dollars to attend it.
man, will wright sucks in playing spore  :D

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 02:14:00 pm »
Additionally, many foreigners know lots about the geography and the names of the American states because you keep spamming us with movies about your country and dont think to give us a map.

If you don't want to watch movies produced for Americans by Americans, then by all means, pass them up. Nobody's forcing you to watch them.

I got you a present
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:17:54 pm by 762 »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Chubbs

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 02:24:23 pm »
Woo. :o Looks like I know where I'm going for the beginning of my Spring Break. Good thing I live in Texas  ;D.

Offline Chubbs

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 02:30:43 pm »
You can go to the screenburn arcade festival for free on the weekend but Will's speech is on Tuesday, March 13th. It's going cost about 200-300 dollars to attend it.

I forgot about that part. Now I wonder if it's worth attending. I don't think WW will reveal anything new about Spore, so I could just wait for pics or videos (if theres any). Hmm. ??? What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:53:27 pm by Chubbs »

Offline DarkDragon

• Double Dragon Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 02:39:14 pm »
Quote from: 762
If you don't want to watch movies produced for Americans by Americans, then by all means, pass them up. Nobody's forcing you to watch them.

I seriously doubt they were made JUST for Americans, besides if I didn't want to watch American movies I'd have to avoid watching TV most of the time or just watch those really boring channels, not that I care anyways, I've got nothing against America or movies as a mather of fact therefore it's not my problem xD
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.