Author Topic: Nuclear Weapons?  (Read 10801 times)

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
Nuclear Weapons?
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:50:20 pm »
Well, I was just thinking about this and it occurred to me that the discovery of nuclear physics and their uses in a bomb really changed our world, so I thought, what would it be like on Spore? So really what I'm asking, is if you were put in the situation of nukes being developed, in your game of Spore, what would you do? Assuming nukes will be in of course....

Offline Henry

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 06:20:46 pm »
Oh! I have not even thought of this being used in the Civ stage. I wonder if there would be catastrophic effects from a Nuclear War? For example, nuclear radiation would kill the crops and damage the planet in ways that it would affect the biosphere score (even though that score isn't present, things like crops and the atmosphere would be).

Oh, this just gets me all jittery with excitement! :D

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 06:50:24 pm »
it's spelled and pronounced 'nuculear' so get it right next time communists

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 06:57:31 pm »
There will probably be something like that. But I really hope it doesn't just cause catastrophic damage to your enemy and doesn't effect the environment. Because without SOMETHING bad happening people will use nothing but Nuc-a-lur bombs.

PS: Yeehaw
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 08:51:47 pm »
Use the search button  >:(

Offline The_Kev

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Fear Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:15:31 pm »
I don't know if nuclear weapons will be implented, but I saw one in the intro animation of the spore site.
"When my strength is your weakness, I'll become fearless." - Fear

Proud owner of:

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 07:32:44 am »
I wonder if its possible to so badly damage your planet, you're knocked back to the creature stage.  :D
Have to build a new creature to survive in your post apocolyptic world.

Offline Henry

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 07:52:37 am »
Oh! Now that would just be way too cool! After an INSANE nuclear war, the planet becomes more arid (definitely possible with Spore, as we've seen other affects via the genesis device and other terraforming tools) and everyone goes back to the tribal stage. Mad Max, baby! Of course this would be after a MASSIVE nuclear war. HUGE Nuclear wars would just lead to an arid environment for X amount of time and massive damage. No giant crabs though.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 07:55:54 am »
No giant crabs? What about giant ants? If my species gets knocked back to tribal level, I want them fighting giant ants.

Offline Henry

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 10:52:18 am »
The "giant crabs" was a joke referring to my previous statement, "Massive damage" a la PS3.

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 11:55:00 am »
Yeah, besides, I think Nuclear Weapons would be a major point in the development of any species, I don't think they would forget that....

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 01:07:46 pm »
I'm not sure about Nuclear Bombs... but maybe other things like an explosive laser or something...
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 01:20:06 pm »
I find it difficult to imagine Will developing the civilization-stage engine without including at least the possibility of nukes. Perhaps your civilization should be able to avoid developing them due to their seeing such weapons as insane and suicidal to even possess, much less use... or your world has too little radioactive elements or something along those lines. I am guessing he will provide the option of several different civilization-stage WMDS, including one for users of organic tech and whatnot, and customizeable effects.

Perhaps instead of developing the nuke, your race invents the Cryo-Bomb. This flash freezes an area the size of a city and temporarily screws with local weather patters. Its not good science, but so much of Spore relies on suspension of disbelief that such things should work.

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:51 pm »
If there's one thing I want the developers to focus on is the war (not like battles, more like weapons/anti-weapon things), technology and Planet Editor ^^
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 04:34:18 pm »
mutations in animals would be cool

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier