Author Topic: Nuclear War  (Read 24442 times)

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear War
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008, 03:42:42 am »
I imagine that with a bad enough nuclear war you can lower your planets habitability rating, making it harder for life to survive, and for you to grow food. Not to mention, you'd probally have to deal with the effects of nuclear winter.

Offline squigian

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You sunk my battleship.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 04:08:01 am »
That's definitely a missile; the progress bar has not reached the 'rocket' (far right) level of development.  However, perhaps it's more a conventional missile i.e. won't wreck a whole city.  I say this because I'm pretty sure that Spore with nukes could get messy fast, especially with super aggressive AI.
http://chronospore.7.forumer.com/ - home of the Ropidians
http://elbonis.myminicity.com - home of the Elbonians

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 04:31:53 am »
Ok, now I see that it's very unlikely to be a UFO, but still...

That's definitely a missile
You can't know

... maybe the player felt like making a air vehicle looking like a nuclear missile ...
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:52 am »
I think the two structures at the base of that building look vaguely like missile silos. Just speculating, though.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 05:22:50 am »
Dont you remember seeing a nuke being used on a planet? i remember that the ground instantly turned into a curve.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 05:26:13 am »
Do any of you guys remember the intro at Spore.com? Was that a nuke in the video?

You guys think we could add toxins/spice/tiberium/<insert chemical> into our missiles? ???

It would be a nice feature to have, especially if you're planning to make your race specialized in a certain field of combat ie: biological. :)

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 05:31:35 am »
Would be fun if you could use creatures as bomb carriers.

like, suicide bombers.

Wonder if terrorism is in?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 05:34:19 am »
Maybe when your city is under social turmoil?

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2008, 05:45:32 am »
Perhaps it's just a missile-shaped aircraft?

Why is it so hard to accept that it's a missle?

Why is it so hard to accept that it could be both?
You - and everyone else here - can't know for sure if it is a missile or a ufo (or another aircraft). We just don't have enough information yet.

Yes, the player in that screenshot doesn't own every city yet, but that doesn't mean that this can't be an ufo. Maybe we can get to space phase witout controlling every city (it that was the condition we last knew of) or maybe the player felt like making a air vehicle looking like a nuclear missile (if it's a air vehicle)...
We don't know...

btw: I also think it's a missile

Because it's a missle and you know it. We've seen video's of the way planes fly in the game, they hover and then move when you tell them to. They don't launch and fly off like a missle.
It's a missle clean and clear... EA/Maxis wouldn't release a deceptive screenshot like that unless it was what it was (and yes it was released by EA).

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 06:19:11 am »
Because it's a missle and you know it. We've seen video's of the way planes fly in the game, they hover and then move when you tell them to. They don't launch and fly off like a missle.
It's a missle clean and clear... EA/Maxis wouldn't release a deceptive screenshot like that unless it was what it was (and yes it was released by EA).

Ok, first of all: I still say it's a missile, but I'm aware that I could be wrong about that.

What I'm trying to get accross here is, that you still can't tell for sure what it really is. The only things that point to rocket are the shape and the obvious motion.

As for the shape of that "thing" you should know that, in this game, it can be missleading. Remember the UFOs looking like a GameCube or the building looking like a pot of plants.

And the motion:
What none of us has has ever seen in the current build of the game is a starting air vehicle. You don't know how air vehicles take off in the game. Vertically like a helicopter? horizontally like a normal airplane? Or like a rocket? Is it based on the objects you put on your vehicle? We don't know...
Assuming all air vehicles start the same way and vertically like a rocket (which would be lame if they did that, but it's still possible they might do it) and this thing is taking off on this screenshot (which we also don't know, it just awfully looks like that), then this thing can be a rocket or an air vehicle.

I'm not saying you're wrong (which seems to bug you a lot), I'm saying you should be careful with you conclusions, it helps to avoid disappointments if they turn out to be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 06:30:11 am by GrapeFruit »
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 06:20:58 am »
A bit OT, but has anybody seen a hangar in Spore? Surely they need to land. :-\

About the nukes, do you think we could make nuke cannons/tanks? :)

Offline skewedjester

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • The Book of Jester holds the truth...usually.
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 06:28:59 am »
You know, there really aren't many games that can have a screenshot of something like a missile, and yet still maintain the possibility that said object is NOT a missile. Spore is, indeed, unique.

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 08:55:38 am »
May I suggest a merge? I made a very similar topic about 13 months ago. http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=8168.0

Also, I officially hate you Full_Metal, I saw them same thing on Gamespot and was going to make a post about it in my old topic. >.>

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 08:58:25 am »
personally i would enjoy getting nuked.  This games seems too easy as it is.  I would enjoy the rebuilding efforts.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Spread the Word of Chaos! Let it comsume You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 10:21:34 am »
personally i would enjoy getting nuked.  This games seems too easy as it is.  I would enjoy the rebuilding efforts.
yeah I totally agree, then we get the secret fallout stage: War, War never changes  ;)
Plz visit my city at

http://briezh.myminicity.com/