Author Topic: Species Relocation  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
Species Relocation
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:41:33 pm »
I searched and didn't find anything pertaining to this I believe, so here we go...

Let's say you are floating around in your UFO and come across a tribal species on some planet somewhere. Now let's say you abduct a whole tribe of them and take them to some other planet around some other star that is very similar to theirs. What happens to them?

Do they go through time like normal, advancing to space? What about their brothers on the homeworld? Would this create two seperate empires of the same species, or would the game bug up and have them magically act as one species even across 100,000 light years? This opens up so many weird possibilities, anyone have any better ideas?

Offline DarkDragon

• Double Dragon Dude
    • View Profile
Re: Species Relocation
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 04:45:56 pm »
They probably thought that through, when an NPC species builds something they get something from the database that suits their style (similar colors, if they are more military the buildings will be of an industrial style, etc), so they will build different buildings, since there will be many types of buildings in the database, only by a very small chance they'll get the same building as their "brothers" in the home planet.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Classeye

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:51:29 pm »
it's hard to say at this point. i'd assume that they'd go Darwin on us and basically become two seperate races within the same species, In much the same way that we always seem to run into human "aliens" every other sci-fi series.

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 04:53:41 pm »
@DD Not what I'm asking, let me rephrase it:

In the game a species has to unite it's people to reach the space phase in which they become a space-faring empire. Now what I'm asking is what will happen if a take a sentient species and put it on a different world, will the game instantly recognize that as a new civilization? I.E. could there be a Gorvalan Union here and a Gorvalan Imperium there? Then what happens when they meet? I'm just wondering how the computer deals with it.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:54:13 pm »
Do they go through time like normal, advancing to space? 

Well yes, they wouldn't immediately evolve to that stage unless you put down a monolith.

What about their brothers on the homeworld? Would this create two separate empires of the same species, or would the game bug up and have them magically act as one species even across 100,000 light years?

Not exactly, you did say the whole tribe so that would mean only their kind not there "brothers" known as the same species but different tribe would be a separate empire all their own. But they would not act as one species unless you drop a colony of the species you abducted onto their original homeworld.

*EDIT*

@DD Not what I'm asking, let me rephrase it:

In the game a species has to unite it's people to reach the space phase in which they become a space-faring empire. Now what I'm asking is what will happen if a take a sentient species and put it on a different world, will the game instantly recognize that as a new civilization? I.E. could there be a Gorvalan Union here and a Gorvalan Imperium there? Then what happens when they meet? I'm just wondering how the computer deals with it.

Yes multiple empires could exist but it would be the same civilization. The only solution to making a new empire is renaming the empire (not sure if that's possible) or starting a new empire with a totally different species.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:58:24 pm by Sporelover66 »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:55:39 pm »
Please refer to my second post Sporelover.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:59:02 pm »
I did refer to it just now, I edited it ok? ;)

Offline Serak

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Megaman Regalia
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:03:43 pm »
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just thinking about it made me wonder how the computer would do that. I'd assume that to accompany that the game would have to have procedural government names otherwise it would just call both species "The Gorvalans" as I originally expected it to do.

Hmm....procedural government names....that'd be fun.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:12:05 pm »
Thanks for agreeing :)! (with me right?)
And for short you can call me SL if you'd like.