Author Topic: Community Appreciation  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Community Appreciation
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2007, 08:35:55 pm »
*Hugs Durgon and everyone else*

Toast to everyone! It is very rare to find a forum like GamingSteve. Ive seen other forums, but somehow most of them seem kinda hostile. With that said, GamingSteve is a gem in the sky. ;)

The Mods here are very kind. LadyM, Danzik, KrakowSam and all the others, they almost seem like older brothers in the forum, unlike the Mods in some forums that impose order through a dictatorial method. Here in GamingSteve, you guys are very persuasive. I also like how Lady-M did some 1337 to stop an argument ;). That's what I mean. GamingSteve is built around love and persuasiveness, unlike some that are built on foundations of fear. I just love you guys and your work. Great job Mods, great job Mods of GamingSteve! You're the best! :)

About most of us, the members. Sure, sometimes we get into small arguments, but that's part of family life, and to an extent, forum life :). I just love to go here and to see Blarg, Pat, Luminar, Kcronos, Daxx, Hydro, Gec, Dr.Croccer, BioCat, Josasa, Aquaman, Infernal, Opera, Werechicken, Brand, sltlamina, tomasgaquino, sgore, HelloWorld, Somarinoa, KingAcer, Jack, Little, Little's brother, Mr.Consideration(whose name says it all) Infernal, Zerati :), Kratok, martyk, Yannick, Inkling, Ilikesanta, PlankofWood, and all the others here in GamingSteve talking to each other and not starting a flame-war, unlike in one place I've gone to. :D All of you guys/gals are just very colorful. :)

Love and respect which comes from love is what binds the whole place together. :)

And of course, where would GamingSteve be without Steve? To that, I congratulate Steve! For being both a dad to his family and to this one. :)

Let us all raise our cups for we shall toast, rejoice and sing, for GamingSteve! :D :D :D

Sorry for the cheesiness and the smilies. :)< uh oh, there I go again.

Love you all!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2007, 12:16:57 am »
You can tell order comes from respect for the mods not from fear. It's pretty much who they were chosen they were already Pillars of the community who could stop a flame war simply by posting and saying cut it out. They don't need the mod status to lead they have the respect of everyone around them. Those new to the site are quickly shown the order of things and having respect for not only the mods but fellow members seems to be a trait that has grown in this community. Those who don't show it don't stay long and will most likely leave before they are forcibly removed anyway.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2007, 04:41:48 am »
I love this forum also, it is by far the best I have ever been on; and I unashamedly declare that I am here pretty much everyday.
I slowly stopped going to other forums because they just weren't like this one; Big enough to be consistently fresh and interesting, yet welcoming and generally just 'nice'.

You people rock.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2007, 05:52:06 am »
I love this forum also, it is by far the best I have ever been on; and I unashamedly declare that I am here pretty much everyday.
I slowly stopped going to other forums because they just weren't like this one; Big enough to be consistently fresh and interesting, yet welcoming and generally just 'nice'.

You people rock.

Indeed... also there's always some new posts. I've only found it quiet on like one occasion.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2007, 12:25:25 pm »
I've seem to find it quite once a month...

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
This forum really is built on respect, as Cobra said. Many older members who aren't moderators go out of their way to maintain order or serve the forum. The community is overwhelmingly creative (or willing to create, at the very least.)

I don't post a whole ton, but I've watched the forum since the week of its inception and have to say I'm impressed.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 04:40:46 pm »
what they said. I would say it too, but I already have. you just dont know it yet

you can find your own nich and develop a reputation here.

Indeed... also there's always some new posts. I've only found it quiet on like one occasion.
like with the death of schools out ::)
      actualy some months it just seem lighter in general.

*walks into thread*

"anyone need a hug?"

*walks out*

lets all get obsessed and over emotional!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 04:49:04 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!