It has a few good things in it but it totally isn't fun
1 (1%)
I have difficulties using it
2 (2.1%)
I don't like it at all
3 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: July 06, 2008, 11:05:01 am

Author Topic: Creature Creator rating poll  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
Creature Creator rating poll
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:05:01 am »
I thought now that most of us got the Creature Creator it would be nice to see what we think of it.
I tried to give as many options as i could think of, but if your answer isn't in the list, try to select one that is close to what yours would be.
Feel free to write your feeling about the CC in a comment.

My feeling about the CC is that i love it, and i find it a amazing tool.
In the past i worked a lot with Milkshape, 3Ds Max and a little with Maya, and i must say the CC beats them all in many points when it comes to speed.
Off course it is impossible for the CC to beat 3D programs like the above in details and options.
Another point the CC beats them is in the fact we get to see our creatures alive and moving.

Now what do you think of the CC?

Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Creature Creator rating poll
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:14:21 am »
I really dig it, but I think with a few more parts and textures it could open up many more possibilities as to the variety of creatures available (i.e. some more mammal face parts and fur textures, and something like a skull add-on to make realistic humanoids)

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:15:11 am »
it is absolutely amazing but in my honest opinion, could have a lot more to offer. that of course means it is in no way bad, but i seem to already be reusing the same parts in the same ways over again...then again i could be having a CC-block (the spore version of a writer's block)
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 11:16:30 am »
where's the ''I dont have it'' option?
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 11:20:08 am »
where's the ''I dont have it'' option?

If you don't have it, you cannot rate it!  :P
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

Offline plastik

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 11:22:54 am »
I was happy with the number of parts in the free version, with the exception of mouths. There were too many similar mouths, and not a single herbivore mouth, so it was carnivores only. Apart from that, the interface is brilliant and intuitive, and everything works seamlessly. As far as quality goes, it's as good as they could have made it. It's a similar concept to Google Sketchup; 3D modelling for idiots, amateurs and professionals alike; which can only be a positive sign for the final game.

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 11:24:17 am »
If I'm quite honest, its different to what I was expecting. Dont get me wrong, I love the tool, its fantastic, but I guess I would really like to send my creature out into the wild and see how it does.

I guess I wanted more than just the creature creator. I'm looking forward to the building editor as well, I dont know why
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 11:34:26 am »
If I'm quite honest, its different to what I was expecting. Dont get me wrong, I love the tool, its fantastic, but I guess I would really like to send my creature out into the wild and see how it does.

I guess I wanted more than just the creature creator. I'm looking forward to the building editor as well, I dont know why

Ahhh, I'm not alone :D

Offline toreen

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 11:40:50 am »
I like it alot but i would prefer to play the complete game but it keeps me going with limitless options

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 12:09:16 pm »
i think theyve laid down an amazing foundation and that as peoples skills increase the creatures they can make will

and that with expansions, the editors will only get better and better

Offline YESH

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 12:38:06 pm »
When I first got it, I spend an evening with it and it was great fun, but it quickly got boring because I didn't feel like I was heading anywhere.
I thought that getting all the parts would make it fun again, but it really didn't.
I just don't think it's fun when I can't see it evolve in a world and put it's functions to any use. Right now it feels like a kids tool; it's just a superficial creature without any purpose... Until ofcourse Spore comes out.
I'd rather make a creature based on adaptation in a world and feeling the whole Spore universe like my creature is just a small part of the bigger picture, than just toying around with meaningless creatures, that won't really matter when the game comes out, because you're going to have to start all over from the cell-phase.

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 01:09:06 pm »
Im with a lot of you guys on this one when i say that i love it to my dying breath. But i do think it could have more options. But then again we have seen the CC in recent vids in the full game that had much more parts options than that of the current CC if im not mistaken. But hey theres a reason why Maxis released the CC early. Its there games biggest part. I mean its were you start before anything else. So obviously they are hitting two birds with one stone by populating the Spore universe before hand and taking advice on what could ,by many, be described as the "demo" of Spore.

And to YESH: Yea i see where you are coming from here. I mean after all when i first got the CC I actually used my imagination to create a creature. Now Im just slapping parts together. But when the actual game comes out i dont think that i would use any of my current creatures that i have now ill make a new one and really think hard about it. I would think about its design more than that of my first creature. But right now it serves me by providing amusement for my mind to create wierd things that would never servive in the game world (like my Oops creature). However im afraid that the CCs amusement is limited on my drives.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 01:15:24 pm by microgta »
"gameplayer.com will fail" says Petike.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 04:55:50 pm »
It has a lot of problems currently.

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 09:39:38 pm »
So ive heard but then again that is expected. I dont think i have come into any real problems latley unless you consider some parts going through one another on occasion is a problem.
"gameplayer.com will fail" says Petike.

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 09:47:57 pm »
Most of the part have a popup giving some indication of it's use and the added power.

What i would like to see is the same type of popup for the painting patterns. ie. scales, fur, shiny etc..