Is it?

Yes
39 (65%)
No
11 (18.3%)
Unsure
10 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Is Spore Dead?  (Read 46534 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Is Spore Dead?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 12:31:25 pm »
Oh so you really want spore 2 so you can wait?  :D
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

gec05

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 12:37:09 pm »
Heh, they probably won't get it right until Spore 3. :P

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 10:08:59 pm »
They could go to Spore 2000, it won't be the ubergame it was meant to be, until someone overthrows EA as the owner of the game. EA'll never get it right!

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 07:37:32 am »
The current game is pretty dead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spore 2 to come in a  few years.

Also Grox, it was not EAs fault in the slightest, in fact EA gave Maxis and Will Wright all the time in they needed. It was Maxis and Will that made spore the way it was, it was their choices and decisions. EA had nothing to do with it.

I think this Spore is dead because Maxis knows no amount of Xpacks will bring it to the glory we hoped for. They know what we want and what we are angry about and they already have the ground work laid out for Spore 2 using Spore 1. I suspect Spore 2 will make us drool again. However this time, don't expect to hear a peep about it until a few months before its release. They wont make that mistake again.

That said, while I want and hope Spore 2 is the thing we all originally wanted. Spore 1 is a great game in its own right. If none of you had knew what spore was prior to purchasing it. You all would probably love it.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 07:42:06 am »
... There's a Spore 2?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 07:45:14 am »
Not confirmed no, but I would bet on one being in development. I just wouldn't bet on hearing about it for a very long time.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 08:27:38 am »
Spore 2 could be the reboot it needs. With it one can focus more on the gameplay rather then the mechanics. Spore is a rather great milestone technically but there is no real game there. Three is no challenge or real choice. Making meaningful choices is what make a game interesting.

That is why i think the first stage was considered to be so much fun for many. It was simply but you felt you had choices. When you designed you little organism you placement of defenses matted. In later stages is mainly just buying parts that gives you a ability.

The greatest challenges one could undertake in the game was actually self imposed. That is great but it still did not give you a lot of options. You have to make the game more complex i believe. Let people explore the hole depth of the game.

Bah.. I am just rambling. >_<
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 02:28:50 pm »
The current game is pretty dead, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Spore 2 to come in a  few years.

Also Grox, it was not EAs fault in the slightest, in fact EA gave Maxis and Will Wright all the time in they needed. It was Maxis and Will that made spore the way it was, it was their choices and decisions. EA had nothing to do with it.
This is funny: If it would have been an awesome game, it would've been a new EA title.

But when it turns out bad it was Maxis' fault.

Let's face it: Maxis is currently owned by EA. If Maxis is doing something wrong, EA isn't doing their job right.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »
Except Spore did not break any sales records. (But it did sell pretty well as i understands it.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:35 am »

This is funny: If it would have been an awesome game, it would've been a new EA title.

But when it turns out bad it was Maxis' fault.

Let's face it: Maxis is currently owned by EA. If Maxis is doing something wrong, EA isn't doing their job right.

I cant tell if you are on my side or are sarcastically disagreeing. People developed a blind hate for EA (for no real reason that I can conclude) that blinds them to anything logical. Maxis screwed up Spore, you can see from the various interviews and videos. Spore came out exactly how they wanted it, but how they wanted it was not how we wanted it. EA put a trust in Maxis that they don't normally do, but Maxis had such a great track record they put a lot of faith in them and gave them pretty much everything they needed.

In one interview it wasn't until the guy that worked on Civilization came aboard that they even implemented difficulty settings, and only then it was because the Civ guy INSISTED it was a necessity. Maxis made it clear from the beginning that they were creating a toy not a game. A they made a pretty damn good toy, just a really bad game.

If you wanna hate spore and blame someone, at least blame the correct people.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 10:33:22 am »
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2010, 04:38:13 pm »
I cant tell if you are on my side or are sarcastically disagreeing. People developed a blind hate for EA (for no real reason that I can conclude) that blinds them to anything logical.

Yeah people have no reason to hate EA.. Well.. Except... For... You know... Bullfrog Productions, Origin Systems, Westwood Studios, Pandemic Studios. If you where a fan of any of those game makers then you might not agree. >_>
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 04:50:28 pm »
Bullfrog Productions

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THE NAME OF THOSE INFINITELY YOUR GREATER!

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 07:06:15 am »
Ehh.... What is up with plank? I like Bullfrog Productions. Why the hell would i mention a loooong list of EA divisions that EA closed down if i did not like the division? The only ones on that list that i am not that familiar with is Pandemic. And they seem cool to.

Btw Maxis can sort of be added to the list now just so you all know.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:46:55 am »
Ehh.... What is up with plank? I like Bullfrog Productions.

YOU SAID THEIR NAME AGAIN!

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF MENTIONING THEIR GREATNESS!

I CURSE YOU WITH BLOATY-HEAD SYNDROME FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY!