Author Topic: The Anime and Manga Image Bonanza! **NO HOTLINKS, MOST PROBABLY NSFW**  (Read 43201 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page

How about we make a separate thread for the anime pictures? It could be called "The Random Anime/Manga Image Bonanza"!

That way, the people who want to see those pictures get to see them and those who don't, won't be whining every time they are posted. Everybody wins!

-- Great Distance

Since there is obviously a large portion of anime and manga-related images flying around in a certain Random Image Bonanza, and the resulting culture wars, I have personally volunteered to create a thread for oriental animation and comics which will serve as a method for curbing the rampant ridicule of said subculture.

So, without further ado...

Go!

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Beat me to it Yuu.  But yeah.  Now they don't get to complain anymore.

Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
How about you create a separate forum for all the anime stuff? It could be called "Anime Stuff Forum"!

That way, the people who want to see those pictures can go there and those who don't, won't be whining every time a new thread or post is made about manga/anime. Everybody wins!

Also, how is this in any way manga/anime?:

There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Uhhh...

You do know that a considerable portion of anime use that art style, right?

-sarcastic ethnocentrism-

Haha.

No.

Seriously now, stop keeping yourself oblivious to the truth. You're saying that Homestuck can have its own thread while an entire genre cannot, simply because you don't like it?

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
You're saying that Homestuck can have its own thread while an entire genre cannot, simply because you don't like it?
You can make a thread for each of your favourite animes too. Just not in 'Everything Else', but in either the 'Movies', 'TV' or 'Books' sections, since they fall under one of those categories. If there was a specific subforum for webcomics, we'd complain about the Homestuck thread being here too.

Plus, while all anime is ugly and/or stupid, Homestuck isn't. j/k

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
*We're a supressed minority! Woe is us! p_p*

Anyway, Didero is right. Listen to him, he's a smart person.

Plus, while all anime is ugly and/or stupid, Homestuck isn't. j/k
Didero, if it makes you feel happy, I'd so sig that if my sig wasn't already full by the shameless self-advertising. :D

Wait, I just saw the JK. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
You're a bigot, we get it already.

Give it a rest.

The original purpose of this thread is so people like you won't have to go to all the trouble of insulting "supressed minorities" like us.

In any case, I'm so sick and tired of you're stereotypical weeaboo bashing trash.

I won't feed you anymore.

If there was a specific subforum for webcomics, we'd complain about the Homestuck thread being here too.

By that logic, then I guess we should place Stalin's Stache the original RIB in the Art section, huh?

Offline Didero

• View Profile
If there was a specific subforum for webcomics, we'd complain about the Homestuck thread being here too.

By that logic, then I guess we should place Stalin's Stache the original RIB in the Art section, huh?
No, since like most Anime, we haven't made any of the pictures we post in the RIB, and the Art section is used for art forum members made. Besides, almost nothing in the RIB can be considered art :P

EDIT: I don't mean to imply that this topic should be removed or something. I was just responding to one of your remarks which I thought wasn't entirely correct. By all means, post your ani-whatsits and mango's here :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:37:45 am by Didero »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
WOW!

You two are being outrageous. Just let them have their Bonanza for goodness sakes. You don't have to click on it to open it, and its not like the name burns your eyes or takes up massive amounts of space, so it is no skin off your nose. You guys are basically coming into their area they made for themselves due to complaints in the RIB, just to harass them. You are really looking like a bunch of punks. It can be in everything else because guess what, it is a part of everything else. There is no dedicated anime area so this is now it (besides, im surprised, you hate anime yet you call it Art?). Get over it and let them have their fun in this topic.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 05:42:50 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
Geez, Yuu, calm down. Don't take anything on the internet too seriously. I was only half joking anyway. I thought it was obvious. I mean, I said Didero is a smart person. (:P)

So yeah, the serious part was about the mario image. The rest was pretty much not serious. I couldn't care less if there was an anime section and quite frankly I wasn't as much annoyed by the anime pictures in the RIB as some others, so by all means keep it. Though probably it should be moved to the art section, but that's up to the mods to decide.

Offline Didero

• View Profile
I can see you didn't read my posts very well, eropS. I said I wasn't against this topic. I also didn't mind the anime posts in the Random Image Bonanza. I was just responding to the remark about Homestuck being allowed a topic in 'Everything Else' with the argument that there's no other, better place for it in the forum (though you could make an argument for 'Art', at a stretch). Specific anime and manga series can be discussed in the 'Ubergeekdom' section of the forum, but a topic about Anime pictures in general is perfectly fine in 'Everything Else'.

Also, what Flisch said. Though again, this doesn't have to be moved to 'Art'.

And now enough talk, more pictures!
I'd post some, but I don't know any good sources for Anime. And just randomly googling for 'Anime' probably won't give any good results.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
Well at least with this thread up I wont start a flame war whenever I post a picture.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile

Saw this on another forum the other day.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o