Author Topic: Blizzard Announces Starcraft II  (Read 109100 times)

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
Re: Blizzard Announces Starcraft II
« Reply #495 on: July 25, 2009, 03:48:34 pm »
haven't you ever heard of playing along?

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 26, 2009, 09:18:05 am »
Speaking of Starcraft 2.
 While we wait, is there any mod out there that enhances the graphics of the game? Or even lets you change the resolution of the game?

I had a burned copy but figured meh, ill buy the real deal for 15 bucks in the starcraft store.

So graphical enhancement for Starcraft?

Bumpumpadumpdump
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 26, 2009, 09:26:16 am »
Umm... Did you delete your post then redo it today? Or, did this forum have a hiccup. Last night I saw fromans and magentis post. Then fromans post came up unread it was the same and then magentis post was just there now.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 27, 2009, 05:31:00 am »
So, yeah, I was watching some clips on youtube about the game.

I really, really like the whole "Point n' click adventure game talky thing" they have going on with Raynor and company...although it will be a bit odd adapted for the zerg, because the only zerg that really talk are Kerrigan and that one ghost, Duran, was it? I think it's sort of a step in the right direction.

The "Plot currency for tech tree options" is a weird little thing, but I sort of like it. Gives the campaign a little bit more replay value, and I can grab reapers A.S.A.P. and avoid getting those stupid Viking things until they're an actual neccesity. And grabbing infested terrans early on with the zerg, yes indeedy. I like the way the infested terrans use the guns they have on em', which was something I thought was missing from the first game.

What I don't think is a step in the right direction is where they seem to be taking the plot:

So in the demo clip, Zeratul comes over and says hi to raynor. Then, he sorta drops this really corny soundy doom prophecy thing in Raynor's lap. Xel'naga coming back? Weren't they destroyed by the zerg, at least according to the manual for the first game? Magic happy artifact collection...urgh. Also, a lot of the character voices bug me.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 27, 2009, 07:43:22 am »
they weren't destroyed. they just left that galaxy 'cus they were dissapointed in their creations.. or something in that fashion.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #500 on: July 27, 2009, 07:54:12 am »
What is this star craft? Any good?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 27, 2009, 10:05:17 am »
Yeah its ok. Wait for teh sequel though, the old one's graphics suck and the game play is so old school :|

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #502 on: July 27, 2009, 11:00:20 am »
Yeah I was just trying it out... dude, this game blows. The graphics suck, the music is awful, and what the hell are humans doing messing around with a bunch of bugs and guys in armor? They totally ripped off Starship Troopers or something here.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: July 27, 2009, 11:21:30 am »
they weren't destroyed. they just left that galaxy 'cus they were dissapointed in their creations.. or something in that fashion.

Nope. Zerg ate em'.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: July 27, 2009, 11:25:26 am »
Nope, i'm pretty sure the ghost/infected ghost black guy created a xel'naga/zerg hybrid didn't he? Or was it a zerg/protoss hybrid...

Anyway I read all three books who's with me eh?! eh?!

im so cold....
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 27, 2009, 12:21:06 pm »
Yeah I was just trying it out... dude, this game blows. The graphics suck, the music is awful, and what the hell are humans doing messing around with a bunch of bugs and guys in armor? They totally ripped off Starship Troopers or something here.

Your insane. I know you are young and all, but its probably the best balanced stategy game out there and still rules even though its 10 years old. Go play your minecraft if you dont like it.
I like the starships troopers rip off honestly.
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: July 27, 2009, 12:32:44 pm »

Your insane. I know you are young and all, but its probably the best balanced stategy game out there and still rules even though its 10 years old. Go play your minecraft if you dont like it.

Woosh

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: July 27, 2009, 12:48:26 pm »

guess someone fell for it.

Nope. Zerg ate em'.

Just looked it up: yeah they ate them.

*speculation* There's probably a few left on other worlds.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 27, 2009, 04:09:20 pm »
Oh btw everyone knows that Star Craft is actually based on Warhammer 40k >_> (though it stole form every great SciFi there is <_<)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #509 on: July 27, 2009, 05:23:16 pm »
Oh btw everyone knows that Star Craft is actually based on Warhammer 40k

Which (Yokto will agree with me on this) totally ripped off Star Wars.