Author Topic: Review! Outrun 2006: coast - 2 - coast  (Read 1694 times)

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Review! Outrun 2006: coast - 2 - coast
« on: April 21, 2006, 11:14:42 am »
:) ;D :D ;)

Published by: SEGA
Developed by: Sumo Digital
Genre: Racing
Number of Players: 6
Release Date:
US: April 25, 2006 (outnow)
Europe: March 31, 2006 (out now)
Also Available On: PlayStation Portable, Xbox, PC

The first thing you see when you boot up outrun 2006 is the lovely.....confusing menus. I'm sure everyone knows the outrun games to be very nice and colourfull well this does not hold back on everything flashy. Outrun 2006 has only Ferrari cars in it ( 15 if your wondering ) - which is not a bad thing. You start out with only 2 but playing the game more and buy cars you can get more. There is 4 classes of cars - Novice, pro, intermediate A and intermediate B each car has two classes. overall all sexy cars yours to be driven sideways like a crazy fool. Outrun is famous for sliding around Corners at 180 Mph while dodging cars on the way.

Theres not a story mode to outrun 2006 the single player has 5 modes - coast - 2 - coast, outrun, heart attack, time attack and showroom. Coast - 2 - coast lets you race.....coast to coast while completing tasks, outrun has you race to your goal it also has the race tracks from Outrun2 SP (arcade version of outrun). Heart attack lets you show off your driving skills to win your girlfriends heart the better you are the more hearts you get. Get hearts by driving through hoops, collecting coins and many more. In Time Attack you race against the timer. And finally Showroom lets you buy extra stuff
with your mph's which you collect you can buy cars, music, race tracks, upgrades.

Outrun 2006 has a mulitplayer where up to 6 players can play over LAN or Online. LAN is just getting your friends around to you place for a race.Outrun 2006 has online play which has these options - Quick race, Custom game, Create game. The Multiplayer settings are loaded - Ranking, Lobby name, friend slots, course type, car settings, catch up and other excellent options. Drifting in outrun 2006 is not using R1 the drifting is more real while going in to a corners let go of the Gas, hit sidways (left or right) and slam the brakes then hit the Gas again now your sideways its hard to get the hang of but you'll master it soon you'll get AAA.Overall Outrun 2006 coast 2 coast is a excellent game which is a must buy may have a little faults along that way but you'll soon forget those faults when you look at those sexy ferraris and enviroments.

Graphics: 9
Sound: 8
Gameplay: 7.5
Overall: 9 out of 10

* Wonderfull cars
* The enviroment while driving
* That feeling when you get a AAA

Dislikes:
* No damage to cars
* Failing a task
* The confusing menu
* The time limit
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:07:02 am by retman »

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Review! Outrun 2006: coast - 2 - coast
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:08:18 pm »
Man, I was weened on the original outrun for sega master system.  I had that, ghostbusters, rambo first blood, and probably some more that I can't remember.  Good times.

I tried the newer outrun for xbox (demo disc) and thought it was ok, so I'm sure this is probably an ok game, too.  Forgive me if I don't run out and buy it right away though.
Signed, Morslok

Offline retman

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 04:54:29 am »
Yeah Outrun 2006: coast - 2 - coast is not a game that you should hurry out and get it's not a must buy but it is a game for your afternoon boredom........only if you dont have other games to play

Offline Fumanchu

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:58:30 pm »
I remember the original Outrun as well. What a blast to play side by side one of the friends. Not to detract too much but that blasted Rambo game was pretty difficult--maybe I'm thinking of the Nintendo version and it was probaby Rambo II. Man, can jumping puzzles be any more fun?!?

Offline Morslok

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:09:05 pm »
Yeah it was rambo 2: first blood now that I think of it, and yes it was hella hard.  Only way I could get past level 3 was with cheats.  There weren't any jumping puzzles though...  It was a top down view.
Signed, Morslok