Author Topic: The all new and powerful Giganommoth  (Read 40554 times)

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
The all new and powerful Giganommoth
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:08:29 am »
The Garganommoths were pretty cool, but they we're just for my spore creature (Plus they lacked of originality) here's my creature that I will use in RPGs (I modified there culture and interactivity so that I can be more sociable and involved into Spore RPGs) although if possible, it will be used for my creature in spore.

The Giganommoths

(Full grown Male) Full sized and much clearer image here: http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/8758/giganommothjf0.png

Name: Giganommoth
Nickname: Gigan
Type: Reptilian
Blood type: Warm
Gender ratio: 55% Females 45% Males
Average Height (Male): 15 feet
Average Height (Female): 9 feet
Average Weight (Male): 10000 pounds
Average Weight (Female): 800 pounds (Might change it)
Diet: Meat
Average Clutche: 2 eggs
Gestation Period: 6 months
Period before they hatch: a week
Period before female can lay eggs again: 5 years
Age of Maturity: 25 years
Average Lifespan: 150 years
Habitat: Warm, boreal forests
Home planet: Giganathia
Home Planet Population: 3 billion
Armor: Very thick skin and muscles and an almost unbreakable grey shell on their backs
Weapons: Extremely powerful "Anvil fists", jaws, powerful hands, tail
Average Strenght (Male): Can lift 2 tons
Average Strenght (Female): Can lift half a ton (Might change it)
Average Speed (Male): 50 Km/h
Average Speed (Female): 60 Km/h
Senses: excellent vision, Very strong sense of smell, decent hearing, fast reflexes
Average IQ (Male): 100
Average IQ (Female): 130
Behavior (Male): Irritateable, Hunt alone
Behavior (Female): Calm, carring of their young and mate, May hunt with a few other females
Abilities (Male): Can break ultra-hard material such as Borazon with their "Anvil fists" which instantly absorbs almost any shock, can hold their breaths for 10 minutes and are very adaptable to pressure changes. Male Giganommoths have an excellent immune system. When in battle, they can litteraly rip apart most of there foes.
Abilities (Female): Can break ultra-hard material with their "Anvil fists" but they have to put alot more effort in it then the males and can hold their breaths for 8 minutes and are pretty adaptable to pressure changes. Female Giganommoths have an excellent immune system.

Brief History
Giganommoths (Especially the males) were not always big muscular benemoths. Their species discovered "genetic engineering" which was used to enhence their strenghts and abilities. This was made with the help of extreme ammounts of radiation which in the first try-outs ended as monstrosities and failures. A couple of centuries later, they mastered it. They are still trying to find a way to go further with genetic enhancements. They also had a war over it. There were groups of Giganommoths who were against the WGEP (World-wide Genetic Enhancement Program. Giganommoths have also researched in cybernetics which later allowed them to make mechanical implants to people who had lost body parts or had poor organs. War veterants usually end up with 65% of their bodies becoming mechanical.

The gender ratio of scientists is more then 80% female and the gender ration of soldiers is usually around 75% male (This is obviously caused by the fact that most female are smarter then males and that all males are stronger then females)

More info to come soon..
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:06:49 pm by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: The all new and powerful Giganommoth (Garganommoth re-make)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 12:33:34 am »
i like 'em :)
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 12:45:53 am »
i like 'em :)

Well you would Opera :P

Dude... that thing looks like its on steroids. Did it take tips from Jose Conseco? haha

Seriously... owwness when that beast hits you.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 04:04:44 am »
I'd Hit That
Never mind your own business.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 04:05:27 am »
Thats a very good picture. :)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 07:38:23 am »
im SO putting that on my super planet of death. it will feed on suzcrits. :P seriously, tats freakin' awsome!
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 07:46:02 am »
Nifty picture. I think they'd be a welcome addition. But I have a few things to ask. Why'd you put length as well as height? A vertical standing creature is measured in height, a horizontal creature is measured in length. And wouldn't a 750 year life span be a bit... Much? This creatures body would have to be so quick at regenerating its aged cells that it would be like Wolverine from X-Men. 350 in the Space Age is a high range. As to lifting capacity and body weight, the two are a bit disproportionate. Elephants can drag a few tons but an elephant also weighs a few, and it can't even come close to lifting them. Plus, this creature is 16 feet of pure muscle more or less. It'd weight at LEAST a ton. They're the same height as some Loricatii and a Loricatus weighs 1.2 tons (2400 pounds. Keep in mind they're a slender species, not the Hulk's big brother like yours). So if you want a male of this species to be able to lift a ton, increase their weight to around 13,000 pounds. And Genetic Engineering. Just HOW late into their species development did they discover this? Did they even discover the microscope before it? Gene modification isn't an art that develops slowly, it'd take a century at most to unlock most secrets.

Buuuuuut other than that, I like 'em.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 07:51:56 am »
lol, you completrly ripp them to shreds and then say

that made me laugh

although your points were correct
Never mind your own business.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 08:05:42 am »
Please don't say these guys would eat Omic, the males are friggin' 60 times taller than them! :-\ :o

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 08:10:28 am »
so the males are like 600 ft. tall? wtf.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 08:12:54 am »
Omic are about three inches tall...

Offline The Terminator

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • I'll Be Back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 08:27:22 am »
Nifty picture. I think they'd be a welcome addition. But I have a few things to ask. #1Why'd you put length as well as height? A vertical standing creature is measured in height, a horizontal creature is measured in length. #2And wouldn't a 750 year life span be a bit... Much? #3This creatures body would have to be so quick at regenerating its aged cells that it would be like Wolverine from X-Men. #4 350 in the Space Age is a high range. #5As to lifting capacity and body weight, the two are a bit disproportionate. Elephants can drag a few tons but an elephant also weighs a few, and it can't even come close to lifting them. #6Plus, this creature is 16 feet of pure muscle more or less. It'd weight at LEAST a ton. They're the same height as some Loricatii and a Loricatus weighs 1.2 tons (2400 pounds. Keep in mind they're a slender species, not the Hulk's big brother like yours). So if you want a male of this species to be able to lift a ton, increase their weight to around 13,000 pounds. And Genetic Engineering. #7 Just HOW late into their species development did they discover this? Did they even discover the microscope before it? Gene modification isn't an art that develops slowly, it'd take a century at most to unlock most secrets.

Hang on, there's a few things that I might've gotten wrong, please correct me if so:
#1 This is what I meant: Height (Head to toe) lenght (front of body to tail).......yeah I guess I shouldn't have to put the lenght :)
#2 Yeah it is a bit long, I mainly got the long lifespan idea from the protoss.
#3 Really? That fast?.....does it have to do anything with their age cause if it does, I'll lower their lifespan ???
#4 350 what? years?
#5 That idea sort of came from the hulk....I might change it
#6 Hang on, is 1500 pounds = 1,5 tons? Or is it 15000 pounds = 1,5 tons? ???
#7 I'd say that if it were in our timeline, it'd be a hundred years in the past. It wasn't the first discovery made by the Giganommoths, but it was certainly the most known one in their history.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:09:55 pm by The Terminator »

The Giganommoths AKA THE OWNAGE!!!: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5817.0

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2006, 08:31:46 am »
Omic are about three inches tall...

they would eat omic like popcorn then. :P

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2006, 08:34:41 am »
The Protoss aren't the best thing to go off really... And yes, the regeneration has to do with age. The reason humans change, wrinkle, and shift as they age is because our regeneration speed decreases. That's why children heal cuts in a minute and an adult in ten. And yes, I did mean years. And lastly, a ton is 2000 pounds. You said you wanted every one of the males to be able to lift 7 tons, which is about 14,000 pounds, so 13,000 pounds as a base weight would mean it'd be really hard to lift anyway, but they could at least drag it. Around 28,000 pounds in weight would make it easy. That's 14 tons by the way.

As to your creature learning genetic engineering, that seems acceptable.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2006, 08:35:29 am »
Lol, I can picture a bag full of Omic being shovelled into these guys mouths, alive.

But terminator, really, would they eat them?