Author Topic: PanSpermia Meteor - A Possible UFO Tool  (Read 5491 times)

Offline EvoMan06

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: PanSpermia Meteor - A Possible UFO Tool
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 10:14:46 am »
In a very good sci-fi novel I read a species had sent out viruses from there home world (before space flight) to terraform already atmospheric worlds. It was a great story. I think it would be a very interesting way to terraform things. I hope beyond all reason and more than anything else that there will be a microbe editor later in the game. Perhaps even a virus editor.

I'm going into microbiology, specifically astrobiology and exobiology, in college. Granted these are both theoretical fields still but I think they will not be soon enough. I would love to be the one that designs the microbe that transforms Venus' atmosphere to a habitable climate for us.  :)

It's a huge passion of mine.

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 11:46:16 am »
I think the metour idea is cool becuase i want the AI to start from the bottem instead of me bringing a fully devolped creature in there
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 12:05:35 pm »
That would be interessting!
Maybe see something like a Genetical Tree: Where every life started, and then u see that our creature is somehow related to the one that evolved from the bacteria. Just for the heck of it, it could also help for that Pokedex idea someone had, like You type in what gene code and all the creatures u encountered with a similar genecode show up.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 12:10:10 pm »
also i liked the idea of evoletion points so slowly when u evovle the creatures look something like they were last time like in bacteria there was three tail things with spikes (tripod) when he came on land he had three legs .. u see what i mean
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline carcajou

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 01:10:52 pm »
I like the idea a lot also, But we would need a way to recognize if we have a common origin with the far cousins we could mingle with. Also, it would be fun if we could somehow know that a genetic seed sent in the distance did in fact find a world, then we could go and try to find it eventually. That would be a great objective to reach.

Anyway, that idea has great potential!

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 07:11:46 pm »
WIll creatures be able to evolve by themselves in spore, though? I don't think (as yet) that we have had any information to confirm that.

-Understated elegance.

Offline jmrdex

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 03:14:15 pm »
The Pan Spermia Meteor could be how you return to the cell level.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2006, 03:24:16 pm »
Well, if nothing else, the bacteria, sharing the same amino acids, might evolve life that is edible to you. ;)

Offline jov

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 03:53:34 pm »
transplanting any life onto alien worlds by any means would fit into the theory of panspermia.

let's take the word apart, and see if we can figure it out: pan - multiple. sperm - seed.  there you go, the act of seeding many places.

so, whether it's by you flinging a metor laced with bacteria, or dropping exotic creatures onto lunar landscapes, you are taking part in the theory of panspermia. in fact, the genesis device that makes a barren world fresh for seeding would suggest panspermia is in the game at the interstellar level.

the actually theory is an interesting one, and i will give it thought. apparently a few years back a "red rain" fell on india. it burnt through trees and irritated the skin of animals and people. this wasn't some freak chemical cloud dusting over them, nor some biological warfare. instead it's suggested a passing meteor dropped non-earth "life." the chemical basis of this "life" actually wrecked havoc on our pre-exsisting life. but put that into play on a non terraformed world?  yep, bacteria that get to freely thrive and evlove in the primordial oceans. is our life alien in origin?  something to think about...

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 01:06:22 pm »
I'm sorry, I wasn't listening, what?
J/K
I think you make some very good points, the red rain article was actually quite interesting.

Offline Forever_Cold

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 01:57:58 pm »
Jov do you think you could post a link to that article on here? the one about red rain
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3041.0

Help me out, post any emails you see on here!!!

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 02:17:58 pm »
you can kinda do this, you can drop a monolith to develop a unintelligent species and while your gone, they'll become sentient and then you can go back and conquer them , muhahahahah
Never mind your own business.