April 4, 2008

First Videos of Burnout: Paradise's New (Free) Islands

paradisecity.jpg

Looking for a reason to head back to Paradise? Criterion may have the great answer in the first content pack for Burnout: Paradise: an entire Island. And best of all, it's all free.

The new videos show a very modern, sky scraper laden, downtown, with large curving roads that look great for high speed racing all connected to the main land by a huge, under construction bridge. The first piece of this downloadable content is also going to include the car seen in the video (and perhaps others) as well as "unique game" that Criterion will be revealing soon.

While I really enjoyed Burnout: Paradise, I haven't been as drawn back to it as I was to Burnout 3: Takedown (which is one of my favorite racing games of all time). A new island, cars, and gameplay sound like an excellent reason to return to Paradise City.

Posted by Clayton Ashley at 4:15 PM | Comments (6) | Posted to PlayStation 3 | Xbox |  Add this story to del.icio.us  Stumble It!  Submit this story to Digg!
Comments

1st Where is that screen shot of the new map, I demand a link. 2nd holy crap that looks huge!

Posted by ilikesanta at April 4, 2008 6:42 PM

I don't mean to nitpick, but a typo in the first sentence of a front page post? c'mon.

Posted by Inkling at April 4, 2008 9:03 PM

spell check is hard

Posted by stuff at April 5, 2008 7:32 PM

I really wish I still had this game. Leave it to Criterion to give awesome free content.

Posted by Toms at April 8, 2008 9:15 PM

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until next year's GDC to hear another Gaming Steve podcast. This is a great annual gaming podcast you got going here Steve!?!?

Posted by ghad at April 16, 2008 7:27 AM

I too would like to hear Steve's familiar voice laying down the latest in intelligent gaming discussion. Yes, that's right. I want more free stuff.

Posted by SharpMonkey at April 17, 2008 5:57 PM